The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-14-2016, 11:19 AM   #1
12secondnova

What to do the day after selling one truck? Drag another out of a field of course!

Ended up selling my 72 gmc sb to a friend on friday last week and bought this 69 c10 lb the very next day lol. I stopped in over a year ago on this truck that sat about 1/4 mile off the road and gave the lady my number as she didn't want to sell it just yet. Well last week I stopped back in and she was ready to part with it. Its a 69 1/2 ton longbed fleetside 2wd original everything. Its pretty beat but has ZERO rust. Ive been looking all over this thing and the only thing i can find is a little surface rust on the bottom of the passenger door which is surprising because some delinquent shot out the drivers side window. Its also still wears the original paint white/Saddle with red interior which seems like an unusual color combo. Got the engine to turn over also while towing it back to my place so it not frozen which is a big relief its getting anew starter, alternator, spark plugs and wires, and fuel pump today and we'll see if she runs. Also buffed the drivers side of the hood and fender out and it has a really cool patina on it. Next thing to do is find an original saddle paint tailgate and find who can make an original seat cover. Needs alot of work but for $300 I figured it was hard to go wrong!

How it sat.

After a good pressure wash.

Took the disgusting seat out and soaked the interior in simple green.

After buffing the drivers side.

12secondnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 11:24 AM   #2
12secondnova

Re: What to do the day after selling one truck? Drag another out of a field of course

Also it hasn't been registered since 1991. I got all the stuff to do a duplicated ca title but when I did it on my blazer they took the blue plates. This truck has the original black plates still and I REALLY want to keep them. Anyone with a little more experiance with this kind of thing know how this can be done??
Old 04-15-2016, 08:13 PM   #3
jeffahart

Re: What to do the day after selling one truck? Drag another out of a field of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12secondnova View Post
Also it hasn't been registered since 1991. I got all the stuff to do a duplicated ca title but when I did it on my blazer they took the blue plates. This truck has the original black plates still and I REALLY want to keep them. Anyone with a little more experiance with this kind of thing know how this can be done??
Go to AAA. I've used triple A quite a few years. It's been worth having AAA just to not have to deal with DMV!
Old 04-16-2016, 08:23 AM   #4
HUSTLESTUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12secondnova View Post
Call the lady at Dynamic for help with registration. Brian Dowdy should have the number if you can't find it. She'll help with keeping the plates. I know the older lady died but her daughter I believe still does it. Take care. Mopar Mike
HUSTLESTUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 01:46 AM   #5
12secondnova

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSTLESTUFF View Post
Call the lady at Dynamic for help with registration. Brian Dowdy should have the number if you can't find it. She'll help with keeping the plates. I know the older lady died but her daughter I believe still does it. Take care. Mopar Mike
Yeah Ive seen her sign out on road m. Ill stop in the sometime or call see if she can help me!
Old 04-14-2016, 11:31 AM   #6
mywifestruck

That thing is awesome! Pull the dents that you can. Find the missing trim pieces a new dash and steering wheel and you have yourself an awesome rig. I love the red interior, and the uncut dash. Excellent find! Have fun getting it going, for the money $$ invested you can't go wrong. We don't find them nearly that clean here in MN.
mywifestruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 11:38 AM   #7
j ripper

Do you have any paperwork with license plate number on it? Whatever you do, don't hand those plates to the clerk over the counter. I would look into a private dmv registration firm if the dmv tries to hassle you about those plates. I think the DMV is trying to push those stupid legacy plates on anyone in this situation.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:30 AM   #8
El Dorado Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mywifestruck View Post
That thing is awesome! Pull the dents that you can. Find the missing trim pieces a new dash and steering wheel and you have yourself an awesome rig. I love the red interior, and the uncut dash. Excellent find! Have fun getting it going, for the money $$ invested you can't go wrong. We don't find them nearly that clean here in MN.
I had to laugh when I saw what you said,that you don't find them nearly that clean in MN.... I was in Minnesota last year,helped a friend move back there after 30 years, she wanted to be back with family,anyway,she lives in Ironton,Her dad has a 72 K20 that is a complete rusted out shell of a truck..has a snow plow on it, there is nothing left of the inside of the bed and the passenger door was wired closed, hinges all rusted out...I did buy the large Blue spicer hubs from him though.they were the only thing good.....
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 11:39 AM   #9
Grumpy old man

The very first thing I do after selling one is to replace it with another short bed with better options than the last one . That way I don't feel like I lost one as much as gaining a better one !
Posted via Mobile Device
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:06 AM   #10
layinrocker65

I think if you keep the plates to yourself you can just go to DMV at a later date and time and tell them you want to use those plates. I think after so long it has to be a fresh start to newly issued plates and then after its all good you can go swap back.
‘74 Chevy C10 SWB 5.3/4L80e, Vintage Air, Dakota Digital, US Mags
layinrocker65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:28 AM   #11
Mrturner1

What an awesome truck, and for the price you can't beat it. Are you keeping the original motor and transmission in it?
Mrturner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 01:43 AM   #12
12secondnova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrturner1 View Post
What an awesome truck, and for the price you can't beat it. Are you keeping the original motor and transmission in it?
Just got it running today! and it runs GREAT starts right up and idles no problem dont have to even touch the throttle! I'll post the video tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:43 AM   #13
frenchy51

$300! Way to go Nor-Cal!!!
1977 GMC HeavyHalf
several adopted orphans
frenchy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 01:45 AM   #14
12secondnova

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy51 View Post
$300! Way to go Nor-Cal!!!
It was right across the street east from wendys by the olive orchard. Couldnt even see it during the summer cause the grass grows too tall. Stayed nice and hidden from most people
Old 04-17-2016, 09:31 AM   #15
custom10nut

I agree. Carefully push the dents out If you let the panels sit out in the sun, the paint will flex. Don't pull them. Push from the back and support the front side. The door and bedside dents should come out with suction cup pullers and a little pushing from the back side. Awesome truck. Love the color and patina.
custom10nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 11:47 AM   #16
12secondnova

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom10nut View Post
I agree. Carefully push the dents out If you let the panels sit out in the sun, the paint will flex. Don't pull them. Push from the back and support the front side. The door and bedside dents should come out with suction cup pullers and a little pushing from the back side. Awesome truck. Love the color and patina.
Definitely. Going to find someone who does dent pulling professionally and just have them do it so I dont screw it up. Its only original once!
Old 04-17-2016, 11:24 PM   #17
12secondnova

Idle/walkaround video!

http://vid1298.photobucket.com/album...ps5mrw3e8z.mp4
Old 04-18-2016, 01:44 PM   #18
kehstr

what is that glue stuff on the tach? my truck had it also and couldn't figure out what it was
kehstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:20 PM   #19
12secondnova

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehstr View Post
what is that glue stuff on the tach? my truck had it also and couldn't figure out what it was
Its a sticker that says like "watch your speed" or something