The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-01-2016, 07:58 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

OEM Standard Radiator

This is a Harrison from a '67 6cyl/manual truck and is in great condition. Same as V8. I'll take $50 for it. I'll dig it out and take pictures if needed

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:17 AM   #2
Grumpy old man

Re: OEM Standard Radiator

Hi, what's the cost to 37820 ?

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:06 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

I'll check into that and let you know. Sitting here guessing the weight and dimensions I checked FedEx and they came up with $31.15. I think I went slightly heavy and big on my guess. I'd do $75 shipped, if actual shipping is under $25 I'll send the difference along.

The story is this came out of the truck as part of the swap, to use a big aluminum radiator. So, it's in that box. I'll get some pictures in the morning and if I have time will post. I'm starting work early, so if I run out of time I'll post tomorrow night.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 06-02-2016, 12:29 AM   #4
VA72C10
VA72C10

If it doesn't sell shipped, I'll take it picked up. I will be in columbia, md for work soon (next week or the following week) and could pick up then if that worked for you. can paypal funds or bring cash when i come...
Old 06-04-2016, 02:12 AM   #5
ck5566
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
If it doesn't sell shipped, I'll take it picked up. I will be in columbia, md for work soon (next week or the following week) and could pick up then if that worked for you. can paypal funds or bring cash when i come...
You offered to pick it up " If it doesn't sell shipped" Only thing back from special-k was "sounds good" from where I sit I didn't read its yours just sounds good. I have offered to "I'll take it" from this sites forum not I'll pick it up, so lets see what special-k has to say its his call.
ck5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:09 PM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Ok, sounds good. let's see how it goes. Got pictures yesterday morning early and have been tying to work my tail off since. Got home at 9 pm 1/2 dead, still had to eat, shower the results of 85 and humid away, and give my pillows the attention they needed. So here they are, finally:
Name:  IMG_0815.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  80.2 KB
Name:  IMG_0814.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  69.8 KB
Name:  IMG_0816.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  79.5 KB

3 more in next post. No extra charge for the poor man's chrome (it wasn't me, I swear).

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 06-03-2016 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:14 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

You might see some white spots which are bits of styrofoam from being in box.
Attached Images

Tim

Old 06-03-2016, 11:45 PM   #8
ck5566
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
You might see some white spots which are bits of styrofoam from being in box.
So far at this point 2 days gone by I dont see it sold? I'll **take it** if you think it Doesn't need to be re cored/ you know leak free, shipping to 92270. thanks
Old 06-04-2016, 12:08 AM   #9
VA72C10
VA72C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck5566 View Post
\ I dont see it sold? \
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
If it doesn't sell shipped, I'll take it picked up.
A couple days ago actually....was giving Grumpy old man first shot and offered to pick it up if he didn't take it....
Old 06-04-2016, 08:51 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Let's get our perspectives straight here. Grumpy Old Fart first showed interest, then VA72C10 and that was before the pictures and for Grumpy before he knew shipping cost. I only said sounds good because at that point, just last night, I felt he was still in and VA72 was next potential buyer. He absolutely said he will take it and even offered up a plan that will work. Thing is, in fairness Grumpy should have time to respond to last nights post and I didn't want it to appear he was any less eligible at this point. If he doesn't like the total cost I have a buyer willing to forward payment and that "sounds good". You did also say you would take it, without knowing the shipping cost (will you take it no matter what that is?), and with a pending if I don't think it needs a recore, leak free. I haven't had it tested (and won't for $50) but think it doesn't need it and don't see any corrosion which I hoped you all could see in the pictures of potential areas.

So, when I'm back to the computer tonight Grumpy will have had 24 hours out of fairness to accept or deny. Then it moves to the second person who said they would take it if he didn't. At that point I will go into the arrangements necessary and hope it all works out, as it appears it will. If not, you are next if you accept the cost of shipping we don't know yet. Not being an ass here, just trying to be fair by following a solid set of rules in my head that I feel are fair.

Tim

Old 06-04-2016, 11:00 AM   #11
Grumpy old man

Quote:
Let's get our perspectives straight here. Grumpy Old Fart first showed interest, then VA72C10 and that was before the pictures and for Grumpy before he knew shipping cost. I only said sounds good because at that point, just last night, I felt he was still in and VA72 was next potential buyer. He absolutely said he will take it and even offered up a plan that will work. Thing is, in fairness Grumpy should have time to respond to last nights post and I didn't want it to appear he was any less eligible at this point. If he doesn't like the total cost I have a buyer willing to forward payment and that "sounds good". You did also say you would take it, without knowing the shipping cost (will you take it no matter what that is?), and with a pending if I don't think it needs a recore, leak free. I haven't had it tested (and won't for $50) but think it doesn't need it and don't see any corrosion which I hoped you all could see in the pictures of potential areas.

So, when I'm back to the computer tonight Grumpy will have had 24 hours out of fairness to accept or deny. Then it moves to the second person who said they would take it if he didn't. At that point I will go into the arrangements necessary and hope it all works out, as it appears it will. If not, you are next if you accept the cost of shipping we don't know yet. Not being an ass here, just trying to be fair by following a solid set of rules in my head that I feel are fair.
I'll take it PM me you pay pal info and ill get you paid tonite , this is ready to be just cleaned up and installed no serious fin damage ?

Grumpy old fart ??? Was up wit dat ? My money is just as green as anyone else's

Old 06-04-2016, 11:37 AM   #12
ck5566
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
I'll take it PM me you pay pal info and ill get you paid tonite , this is ready to be just cleaned up and installed no serious fin damage ?

You are a lucky man. I just wanted it for the bottom turned up spout.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:32 PM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post

I figured you've been on here long enough to know I see us all as friends and that's how I roll. Also figured anybody that calls himself grumpy old man would chuckle along with grumpy old fart. If I knew your first name I would have used that. If we're not so familiar with each other should I just call you sir

I don't see any damage to fins, definitely nothing serious, but I'm not saying it's mint. I hoped the pictures would show them well enough. But if you'd like more close-ups of fins I'll get you some. No fan damage in the slightest way and nothing has ever raked across them from what I see. It has that chrome tape and a little red over spray (had red inner fenders). Other than that it is clean now.

Not doing PayPal, I'll send a message about details

Tim

Old 06-04-2016, 03:13 PM   #14
VA72C10
VA72C10

If the deal falls through I'll still take it I understood you were giving GOM time to decide and that's the way I like to handle sales also . Thanks.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:37 PM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Yep, and that was very clear to me. I'll be honest, I wish it did come to you. I guessed at $25 shipping and when I checked it was more like $29. Big deal 4 buck, but on an already cheap price. I go to ship and actual cost was $33+. So, I get $42 for a nice OEM radiator. I stand by my deal so out it went today. They guy said it was probably because it went to a private address. I said, "Then they should ask that online". I guess from now on I'll call my FedEx place (50 mile round trip) with dimensions and weight for a quote. They got me once before on wheels when they started upcharging for "unencased" items with no mention online and I had just shipped some a couple weeks earlier.

Tim

Old 06-06-2016, 06:19 AM   #16
Grumpy old man

Quote:
Yep, and that was very clear to me. I'll be honest, I wish it did come to you. I guessed at $25 shipping and when I checked it was more like $29. Big deal 4 buck, but on an already cheap price. I go to ship and actual cost was $33+. So, I get $42 for a nice OEM radiator. I stand by my deal so out it went today. They guy said it was probably because it went to a private address. I said, "Then they should ask that online". I guess from now on I'll call my FedEx place (50 mile round trip) with dimensions and weight for a quote. They got me once before on wheels when they started upcharging for "unencased" items with no mention online and I had just shipped some a couple weeks earlier.
Hey , Not the first time I've been called that and I'm sure not the last some weeks I'll ship out a lot and many times I'll just shoot from the hip with a shipping quote and catch myself when I drop it off so whatever the costs are I'll cover them . I'm out here in the middle of nowhere and anything heavy/large I ship needs to go to the ups terminal in Knoxville 35 miles one way so I understand .I have a lot of stuff that I would like to see find a new home but when you consider the time and costs just to deal with the bigger stuff (fenders/doors) it's not an option . The local pack and ship stores are just a flat out rip off and want to charge 2-3 times the real rate .

Old 06-06-2016, 06:35 AM   #17
GR8-68

FYI online calculators stink !! I sold my cab corners on here and ended up digging money out of my pocket to send them it was so far off. UPS store clerk said I was better off bringing it to them. I always have my items shipped to my work. But yes a great deal on an oem part
GR8-68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:36 AM   #18
Grumpy old man

Quote:
Hi , I guess your not getting the PM's I sent but I still haven't received the radiator or any notice of attempted delivery (I rarely leave the farm ) do you have a tracking # ?

Old 06-06-2016, 07:30 AM   #19
special-K
Special Order

Yeah, thinking about starting a "watch it" thread on this very topic. We only have a UPS store here and Greyhound, FedEx, and UPS terminal are all in my nearest city. If i do UPS it's there. I took a part to the UPS store, went through all, including cost, but didn't have a phone# and they said they had to have it. Came back the next day and it was the owner taking care of me. He told be a price 50% higher. When I said I had just been in the day before the price was $xxx he said down to me, "Well the packaging adds weight and size". I said," I realizes that and it was already packed and the only thing different is you are trying to rip me off", and left...never looked back. I went up to FedEx and the price was 1/3 under the first lower UPS price. That's where I go. I'd rethar make a 50 mile round trip than give that sucker a penny. I had guesstimated the ttal to the buyer and UPS would have gotten more for the part than me. And I have a pretty good idea what shipping costs. Enough to be confident with a guess. 4 bucks, no biggie. $8, not awful, but it's the principal. I give estimates I have to stand by to make the money I give them.

Hey Grumpy old... person, No worries. It is what it is. Just saw it there in my way and popped it on here and now I'm a richer man. The only thing that bugs me is I was right up there with Trump and this put me back down with the common folk

Tim

Old 06-06-2016, 07:46 AM   #20
jimer1964

Tim,that is why I haven't sold on here or ebay shipping is a pain! How many cores was that radiator? Probably could have done better scraping it which is sad!
jimer1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:18 AM   #21
Grumpy old man

I'm a pack rat ,I can't bring myself to take the pile ( the size of a truck and growing ) of rebuild able sheet metal to the scrapper .

Old 06-06-2016, 10:16 PM   #22
special-K
Special Order

I'd sell a part to be used for less than scrap before ever scrapping. I don't scrap good parts. I'd never sell a good radiator to someone just to sweat an elbow out. You can get one from one with a rotten core. This thread had been entertaining and educational

Tim

Old 06-20-2016, 12:30 PM   #23
special-K
Special Order

Your last PM was Friday 6/16 stating it still hadn't showed up. I replied that my papers were in the truck, but it was raining cats & dogs. I meant to say I was going away for the weekend but forgot. Anyway, I looked and didn't see it out there. I had just cleaned out the truck, so I checked my receipts in the office, no luck. So, I checked the garbage, no luck. didn't get a chance to get on the computer to tell you before heading out. I've been sweating this as I have never had such bad luck with a sale. I am self-employed, keep all my receipts, it's all in paper, no online anything with business, bills, or banking. I just saw you post here, so I really looked hard through my receipts. The good news is I FOUND IT! The bad news is you have yet to send my money and FedEx says it was delivered on 6/9. Tracking# is 783282413425 for you to see for yourself.

I asked for your address and phone# and gave you my address on 6/4 . You gave me just your address on same day. The next day, Sunday, I ran it up to FedEx and shipped it. After not hearing anything for a week when they said 3-5 days I contacted you and you said not yet. Here I thought this whole thing was a huge blunder, willing to say screw it all, lose out on shipping after being courteous enough to take a loss on the miscalculation and send ahead of payment, and though a disappointment for you, no big deal since you have yet to pay. But now looks like I'm here waiting for payment over two weeks after shipping and not sure what to do.

Tim

Old 06-20-2016, 01:48 PM   #24
Grumpy old man

I will go and check with all my close neighbors to see if it was mistakenly left at one of there doorsteps because it never came in my driveway .

Old 06-20-2016, 02:32 PM   #25
Grumpy old man

I just jumped on my 4 wheeler and went to the 6 closest homes to my driveway , no one has even seen a Fed ex truck in some time and most of these driveways are over 1500 ' this is a huge pasture I can see homes/ driveways 3/4 of a mile away and everyone watches each other's homes be it being nosy or just concerned . No Fed ex shipment has been delivered .