The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-03-2016, 12:20 AM   #1
Smokintire70

Mefi 2,3,4?

I have a ramjet that has a MEFI system in it. I would like to be able to look at the settings and have it dyno tuned for more power. I've heard MEFI is locked and some have said just plug in a laptop. I'm at a loss. Please help me! Thank you. -G
Posted via Mobile Device
Smokintire70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 01:29 PM   #2
Overdriven

Re: Mefi 2,3,4?

It's never as simple as "just connect a laptop", obviously there's always software that needs to be obtained and software to tune a factory EFI system is never free. Tuning software for aftermarket EFI is free since you've already bought the EFI system. I just googled MEFI and a few options popped on the first page for reading codes and also altering the tune. One claims MEFI is not locked, but suggests the tune may be password protected in which case the MEFI can be wiped clean and a new base tune installed. I didn't spend much time researching reading the websites but again, just google MEFI, below are a few links I found on the first page when I did.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/MEFI/ Has a table to help determine which version you have, links to scan tools (cheap and expensive) and much more.

https://www.obd2allinone.com/mefitune.asp Scan and tune software to connect to your laptop
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 03:17 PM   #3
Classycustom71,95

I work at a marine dealership, and most of our boats use MEFI. Contact Indmar marine for some unlocking support. Indmar has flashed these MEFIs for me several times. I am unsure if they will be able to unlock it for you but its where I would start.
Classycustom71,95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 06:02 PM   #4
Smokintire70

Thank you guys! I will do that! I hope I can squeeze a little more power out of it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Smokintire70 is offline   Reply With Quote