The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-24-2016, 10:38 AM   #1
Hart_Rod

Talking Finally fired the SuperBurb off....

Finally lit the SuperBurb off this weekend:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BL4kC6IBQpa/

Was nice to hear it run, but the tune is off and I still need to get the exhaust installed.

2005 5.3/4L60
Magnacharger 122
17113739 injectors
returnless fuel system with Corvette FPR

A few questions:

I'm getting approximately 50 PSI fuel pressure at the rail, does that seem right?

Does anyone have any good fuel data for these injectors? I called Magnacharger, but they didn't want to help.....

I've got HPTuners Pro, so I can plug the data in if I can find the right stuff. TIA
Attached Images

Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:01 AM   #2
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Re: Finally fired the SuperBurb off....

Looks good..sounds good..my 6.0 is stock and I have a tic over 50lbs at my rails with a walbro 255..
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:25 AM   #3
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Hart are those the Marine 8.1 injectors? I'm pretty sure I have a few different 8.1 injector setups saved somewhere.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:38 AM   #4
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Looks good..sounds good..my 6.0 is stock and I have a tic over 50lbs at my rails with a walbro 255..
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Hart are those the Marine 8.1 injectors? I'm pretty sure I have a few different 8.1 injector setups saved somewhere.
They're supposed to be the 8.1 marine injectors. I need the sloped IFR because I'm running the Corvette FPR. Let me know if you need my email address.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:12 PM   #5
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Returnless systems don't have a Delta in the IFR, so you don't need sloped flow rates. Thats for return-style or Rising rate style systems. Are you sure thats what you need?

Those are 42lb @4bar injectors, which is pretty small on that maggie, and your running about 8psi short on your fuel pressure. Your starvin her boss.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:14 AM   #6
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Returnless systems don't have a Delta in the IFR, so you don't need sloped flow rates. Thats for return-style or Rising rate style systems. Are you sure thats what you need?

Those are 42lb @4bar injectors, which is pretty small on that maggie, and your running about 8psi short on your fuel pressure. Your starvin her boss.

Brew I'm getting conflicting data on these injectors. In my research, I've found 43lb @ 3bar and 43lbs at 4 bar listing the same part number....

http://www.witchhunter.com/flowdatapix/dl25176061.jpg

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...-sensors/page2

As far as my fuel pressure, everything I've found says 50 PSI for standard fuel pressure on the 2005/6 trucks.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...jector-ratings

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 10-25-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:32 AM   #7
ls1nova71

58 psi fuel pressure is pretty standard for LS engines. The flex fuel engines run a bit lower, like 47 or so, but what I don't understand is, if you're using a Corvette filter/regulator, how you can only have 50 psi. They are set to regulate the pressure to 50 psi, so either your gauge is off, your pump isn't putting out as much as it should, or your filter/regulator is bad.

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:42 AM   #8
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
58 psi fuel pressure is pretty standard for LS engines. The flex fuel engines run a bit lower, like 47 or so, but what I don't understand is, if you're using a Corvette filter/regulator, how you can only have 50 psi. They are set to regulate the pressure to 50 psi, so either your gauge is off, your pump isn't putting out as much as it should, or your filter/regulator is bad.
It is a flex fuel engine I'm pretty sure. Everything is new. Aren't there two different psi rated FPRs? What part number do you use?
Old 10-25-2016, 11:46 AM   #9
ls1nova71

I usually use Wix 33737 filter which is the replacement for the factory Corvette filter. All Vette filters are regulated to 58psi.

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:40 PM   #10
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Hart, those injectors are rated at 4bar (all GM injectors are rated 4bar from what I recall). Ford injectors are at 3bar.

Your fuel pressure is normal for a flex fuel engine, but thats usually regulated by the on-rail truck regulator. If your using the 'vette setup, I also don't have a clue why it would only run 50psi.

As for the lines, that depends on your tank. If both the return and feed are below the fuel level, the engine could suck from the return side and actually run, but it would probably have a tendency to starve since it wouldn't have a pickup on the return line.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:32 PM   #11
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Hart..on the vette filter your pressure from the pump goes to the outer angled line and the center line is the return back to the tank....obviously the other end goes to the rails..you may know this already but I saw your question anout hooking it up backwards...there was a thread here a couple months ago where a guy hooked his up wrong...I can't find it though..can't remember what happened either..
Old 10-25-2016, 09:38 PM   #12
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Oh wait..I just went back and re-read your question and you said hooked up wrong on the tank....I thought you were talking about the filter/reg...sorry...I did run out to the shop and check my fuel pressure...62 psi at idle..(walbro 255 and vette filter/reg)

Last edited by mongocanfly; 10-25-2016 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:16 AM   #13
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Oh wait..I just went back and re-read your question and you said hooked up wrong on the tank....I thought you were talking about the filter/reg...sorry...I did run out to the shop and check my fuel pressure...62 psi at idle..(walbro 255 and vette filter/reg)
Thanks. I'm pretty sure I have a bad FPR and should be reading 58-62 PSI like you are.

Quote:
Hart, those injectors are rated at 4bar (all GM injectors are rated 4bar from what I recall). Ford injectors are at 3bar.

Your fuel pressure is normal for a flex fuel engine, but thats usually regulated by the on-rail truck regulator. If your using the 'vette setup, I also don't have a clue why it would only run 50psi.

As for the lines, that depends on your tank. If both the return and feed are below the fuel level, the engine could suck from the return side and actually run, but it would probably have a tendency to starve since it wouldn't have a pickup on the return line.
I keep getting conflicting information on the injectors, so I'm not sure where to go with that. I have a flex fuel engine, but since I removed the fuel rails and installed the MP112 and am running a Corvette FPR, I should be seeing 58-62PSI at the rails, sooooo probably a bad FPR. Will have a new one today and will know pretty quickly. On a different note, do you have a part number for a 2bar map I can run on the Maggie? Thanks,

Rob
Old 10-26-2016, 11:58 AM   #14
LEEVON

I'm really excited for this one. Back in 2006 I had a dream that I began a red and white LS swapped 'burb build...wait, no was that a dream? Must have been a thread somebody started 10 years ago! And the party is still just beginning : )
Old 10-26-2016, 07:16 PM   #15
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

I'll check on the part #. As for the injectors, my partner literally has piles of most 8.1/8.1marine/8.1commercial injectors at work. All of the ratings are done at 4bar for gasoline.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:52 PM   #16
elf w/capital T

Hart! I'm in Fort Walton Beach for a few more weeks, if you are close I would be honored to help out or even just drool on your truck! NIICCEE BURB!!!!
elf w/capital T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:16 AM   #17
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEVON View Post
I'm really excited for this one. Back in 2006 I had a dream that I began a red and white LS swapped 'burb build...wait, no was that a dream? Must have been a thread somebody started 10 years ago! And the party is still just beginning : )

Quote:
I'll check on the part #. As for the injectors, my partner literally has piles of most 8.1/8.1marine/8.1commercial injectors at work. All of the ratings are done at 4bar for gasoline.
I finally found the data and they are rated at 4 bar. I think I may have an injector problem. Bank 2 is still showing a lean condition. Gonna swap the injectors side to side to see if the issue follows....

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf w/capital T View Post
Hart! I'm in Fort Walton Beach for a few more weeks, if you are close I would be honored to help out or even just drool on your truck! NIICCEE BURB!!!!
Thanks! I'm about 1.5+ hrs away from FWB depending on the traffic....
Old 10-28-2016, 09:52 AM   #18
Hart_Rod

OK, so last night I pulled all of the injector and they were really nasty even though I had cleaned them really good before. So I cleaned them all again and used my 9 volt injector tester to cycle them on and off for about 30 seconds. Wow what a difference that made!! It really smoothed out the idle and all of my my fuel trims are +/-4. It still needs more tuning, but I think it is safe enough to be able to move it around and to get the exhaust done on it. I also installed a new Wix Corvette FPR. The fuel pressure is better, 54psi. I'm wondering if the placement of my pressure gauge might be part of the reason for that. It's at the end of the rail past the #1 injector. I'm wondering if I had it at the input of the fuel rail if the pressure would be closer to the 58-60 psi? Just a thought. Any way, I feel better with the numbers I'm seeing in HPTuners. I may clean the injectors again after getting a few miles on them just to be safe.
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2016, 01:56 PM   #19
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Hart.. I have my gauge hooked to the schrader valve on the rails
Old 10-28-2016, 02:34 PM   #20
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Hart.. I have my gauge hooked to the schrader valve on the rails
Thanks. I have a new pump, so I'm not sure what's going on with that. Looks like I'll have do some more troubleshooting.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:26 PM   #21
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Might try a different gauge...just to see
Old 11-03-2016, 08:58 PM   #22
Houston Ben

I have 55 on the valve for my setup. Look really good man!
Old 11-03-2016, 11:12 PM   #23
Advanced Design

Rob, does the Burb have a new pump and the pressure is still low?
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:59 AM   #24
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Might try a different gauge...just to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Ben View Post
I have 55 on the valve for my setup. Look really good man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Rob, does the Burb have a new pump and the pressure is still low?
It is a new pump. I'm getting 54-56 psi on 2 different gauges.