The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-14-2017, 09:43 PM   #1
reed62

New battery tray fitment

Hey all,
I got my new battery tray for my 62 but I can't for the life of me figure out how it fits in there. I am attaching photos for clarification. I do have a new radiator but the tray itself rests on the inner fender and is about 1.5-2" above what I think is one of the mounting holes. However the inner part of the bracket (near the radiator) looks like it stands off the radiator support panel by about an inch. In some pictures I have seen the back of the bracket appears to mount flush with the support panel. Anybody got any good pics? Did I get a wrong piece by chance?
Attached Images

reed62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:37 PM   #2
dodgiesdad

Re: New battery tray fitment

Unfortunately I do not have photos of the battery box on my computer, however, I can easily tell you the new radiator and the custom mounts for it you have are in the way of installing the battery tray. The pocket which has a piece of square tubing welded into it is for the edge of the battery try to fit back into. Your radiator is bolted to this square tubing. Hopefully someone else chimes in in with pictures. I am sure if you look thru some builds you will see what I am trying to describe. You will have to do some rework to that tray or find an aftermarket box to use.
dodgiesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:54 PM   #3
reed62

Smile Re: New battery tray fitment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgiesdad View Post
Unfortunately I do not have photos of the battery box on my computer, however, I can easily tell you the new radiator and the custom mounts for it you have are in the way of installing the battery tray. The pocket which has a piece of square tubing welded into it is for the edge of the battery try to fit back into. Your radiator is bolted to this square tubing. Hopefully someone else chimes in in with pictures. I am sure if you look thru some builds you will see what I am trying to describe. You will have to do some rework to that tray or find an aftermarket box to use.
That makes sense. I did have to fill in that recess in order for the radiator mount to sit flush. I will mod that bracket or maybe move it under the left side frame under the bed.

Thanks for clarifying what I was afraid of...
reed62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:38 PM   #4
forestb

Re: New battery tray fitment

I don't know if this helps but you can kind of see where the taller end of the battery tray tucks up inside the cor support. in the second photo you can see where it bolts in.
Attached Images

forestb is offline   Reply With Quote