The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-29-2018, 01:22 PM   #1
JonP

'59 Apache Fleetside - Suspension

New to this forum and looking for experiences and opinions. I just bought a '59 Apache Fleetside. Planning on doing a Mustang II IFS front and Posies leaf rear. The alternative, of course, could be to do the rear along the lines of the front. Anyone setup with IFS / coilover front and leaf rear?? Would love to hear experiences / recommendations / words of caution. Thanks in advance!!
JonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 02:21 PM   #2
Dan in Pasadena

Re: '59 Apache Fleetside - Suspension

I originally bought someone’s unused Fatman Fabrications MUSTANG II IFS kit to put under my ‘55.2. The builder I used - who does many IFS swaps on these trucks - recommended using Flatout Engineering’s crossmember for C4 Corvette components because it was designed for a heavier vehicle with more torque. So that’s what we installed and I’m happy with it.

I flipped my rear ended on top of the leaves and C notched the frame. I considered C4 IRS but in the end decided not to go that way
Attached Images

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 02:28 PM   #3
JonP

Beautiful truck and awesome stance!! Thanks for the input. Is your front using stock spindles or dropped ones?

Really debating the rear setup. Thinking about Posies and if I hate it, then maybe stepping up. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
I originally bought someone’s unused Fatman Fabrications MUSTANG II IFS kit to put under my ‘55.2. The builder I used - who does many IFS swaps on these trucks - recommended using Flatout Engineering’s crossmember for C4 Corvette components because it was designed for a heavier vehicle with more torque. So that’s what we installed and I’m happy with it.

I flipped my rear ended on top of the leaves and C notched the frame. I considered C4 IRS but in the end decided not to go that way
Posted via Mobile Device
JonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:38 AM   #4
Dan in Pasadena

Re: '59 Apache Fleetside - Suspension

Thank you. Using stock spindles.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote