The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-04-2022, 01:29 AM   #1
D-n-Tyke

Best place to buy Vintage Air kits?

Looking to put a kit in my C20 (hoping to use the compressor, condenser etc from my 2003 LS donor). Where have you guys found the best prices/customer service when buying your kits?
D-n-Tyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 02:51 AM   #2
Richard

Re: Best place to buy Vintage Air kits?

MCB is a forum vendor and I believe is a vintage air dealer. Have purchased from them.
Very good customer service. Look in the vender section for contact info. Summit also sells vintage air. Just purchased a vintage air monster pwm fan from them. Still doing free shipping. Kind of need to know what you want with Summit though. You will not see a lot of variances in pricing of Vintage Air stuff from authorized dealers.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 09:37 AM   #3
SRU1436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
MCB is a forum vendor and I believe is a vintage air dealer. Have purchased from them.
Very good customer service. Look in the vender section for contact info. Summit also sells vintage air. Just purchased a vintage air monster pwm fan from them. Still doing free shipping. Kind of need to know what you want with Summit though. You will not see a lot of variances in pricing of Vintage Air stuff from authorized dealers.
I just used MCB for my vintage air on my Chevelle. 15 week turn around time, but that’s not for MCB, that’s vintage air. My buddy ordered vintage air for his square body and was told 15 weeks too, I believe it was either vintage air or summit.
SRU1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 09:57 AM   #4
IBFester

I just picked mine up from Classic Industries Huntington Beach, complete kit #941170 non-air cab bought on sale $1444. I picked up, shipped add $50 took 15 weeks
IBFester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 09:05 AM   #5
Mid-Pack

I would contact Vintage Air and consult with them, if you`re going to mix and match. Tell them what you got and ask what you need. I called them a few times before and during the install with good results. I purchased a complete system through Summit, they will have a person run down a list of questions for your install. Like Richard said, I would already know what you want before contacting Summit. Be prepared for a long wait time to receive your parts, it took 2 or 3 months when I bought mine a year ago.
Mid-Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 12:12 AM   #6
bman67

Reach out to Pro Performance as they were able to help me with my Vintage Air system which I actually received from FedEx this afternoon. It was roughly 6 week lead time as they had some units from their Dec order which were not allocated to a specific customer. I inquired about using the compressor from my '08 LS engine and they stated I need a Sanders compressor as the LS compressor was variable displacement whereas the VA system requires fixed displacement. Along with the kit, I also bought the Dirty Dingo compressor mounts.
bman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 12:29 AM   #7
D-n-Tyke

Thanks everyone. Guess I will start making some calls.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:31 AM   #8
D-n-Tyke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman67 View Post
Reach out to Pro Performance as they were able to help me with my Vintage Air system which I actually received from FedEx this afternoon. It was roughly 6 week lead time as they had some units from their Dec order which were not allocated to a specific customer. I inquired about using the compressor from my '08 LS engine and they stated I need a Sanders compressor as the LS compressor was variable displacement whereas the VA system requires fixed displacement. Along with the kit, I also bought the Dirty Dingo compressor mounts.

I will add them to my call list.

I am not familiar with the dirty dingo mount. Does it keep it mounted down in the original LD location or does it move it up to the top of the motor? I like the look of it down low.
Old 04-05-2022, 06:04 PM   #9
bman67

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-n-Tyke View Post
I will add them to my call list.

I am not familiar with the dirty dingo mount. Does it keep it mounted down in the original LD location or does it move it up to the top of the motor? I like the look of it down low.
As for my set-up, it will still be mounted on the lower passenger side of the engine. VA offers its own compressor mounts based on its website.
bman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 01:25 AM   #10
Accelo

I used ICT Billet mount. Mine is the high mount but they make most everything.
You can get them on Ebay or just call them directly.
I ordered the mount for the wrong compressor. ICT Billet sent me the correct parts and I just packed up the other one and sent it back in the same box. Couldn't have been nicer to deal with.

Below is a link to the low mounted compressor. Depends on the water pump style.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/14411033952...rd!98632!US!-1
Attached Images

Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:36 AM   #11
Peanut74

As others have said wait times can be a pain. I got mine from Mike's Classic Bowtie and had no issues on the install. Before you call fill out the Vintage Air A/C form as it will guide you and them as to what parts you will need.

In my case I needed a conversion bracket for the compressor. I changed it from a V-belt setup to serpentine and from the pancake compressor to a standard style.
2012 Jeep JKU "Crush"
1976 Chevy short bed with a 327 and 3 on the tree (Sold it to buy the Blazer)
1971 Chevy Blazer (Sold it)
Peanut74 is offline   Reply With Quote