The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 01:31 AM   #1
howzzzit

Truck rallys and disc brakes problems

I know there are several posts about this subject, but here we go again. I have a set of 15x8 truck rallys with 4 inch backspacing. They will not mount over the original brake calipers. Truck is original and original ride height with no modifications. It's been stated this type of wheel is compatible with disc brakes as long as they aren't larger aftermarket calipers. I have a 72 C10 with disc front/drum rear. What gives? I haven't tried them on the rear drums, but if they won't fit the front they are useless to me. Bought these at a swap meet and a lesson learned. Any thoughts? (other than I'm screwed) Thanks
One thing I notice is a slight inward taper of the rim toward the hub. Normal?
howzzzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:49 AM   #2
PowerdbyChevy79

Re: Truck rallys and disc brakes problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by howzzzit View Post
I know there are several posts about this subject, but here we go again. I have a set of 15x8 truck rallys with 4 inch backspacing. They will not mount over the original brake calipers. Truck is original and original ride height with no modifications. It's been stated this type of wheel is compatible with disc brakes as long as they aren't larger aftermarket calipers. I have a 72 C10 with disc front/drum rear. What gives? I haven't tried them on the rear drums, but if they won't fit the front they are useless to me. Bought these at a swap meet and a lesson learned. Any thoughts? (other than I'm screwed) Thanks
One thing I notice is a slight inward taper of the rim toward the hub. Normal?
What is keeping them from fitting? 15x8 rallys should fit with no problem on a 72 c10. Do you have any pics of the wheels?
1979 C10 Silverado "The BIG TEN" https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=841339
1982 C10 Silverado "Lucy"
C10 Club Texas -HMIC
PowerdbyChevy79 is offline   Reply With Quote