The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 05:32 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Roof and gutter cleaning

Leaned a ladder up and did some gutter cleaning yesterday. We do have gutter covers but stuff still builds up on top (not the expensive version covers). Today I went to hop up on the roof. Started to step up and decided no, this isnt something I want to do anymore. Ive never liked heights and even though our home is a single story rambler and not much of a pitch, Im just not sure enough of myself anymore to be climbing up there.

I talked to my wife about it and we were thinking maybe one of the nephews could earn some extra dough and do it for us. We decided no we didnt want to chance it. I could never live with myself if there was an accident. So Ive been online looking for well reviewed licensed and bonded folks. We'll see how it goes hoping for someone to get back to us lol. We've been trying for months to get a new gate built and its just not going well. 17 foot opening, ten foot of it a double gate. I think we've contacted 5 well reviewed fence and gate people. Lots of emails back and forth, one visit. Hopefully before winter sets in it will get done =)
Old Today, 05:57 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Roof and gutter cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Leaned a ladder up and did some gutter cleaning yesterday. We do have gutter covers but stuff still builds up on top (not the expensive version covers). Today I went to hop up on the roof. Started to step up and decided no, this isnt something I want to do anymore. Ive never liked heights and even though our home is a single story rambler and not much of a pitch, Im just not sure enough of myself anymore to be climbing up there.

I talked to my wife about it and we were thinking maybe one of the nephews could earn some extra dough and do it for us. We decided no we didnt want to chance it. I could never live with myself if there was an accident. So Ive been online looking for well reviewed licensed and bonded folks. We'll see how it goes hoping for someone to get back to us lol. We've been trying for months to get a new gate built and its just not going well. 17 foot opening, ten foot of it a double gate. I think we've contacted 5 well reviewed fence and gate people. Lots of emails back and forth, one visit. Hopefully before winter sets in it will get done =)

I think it is pretty much the same everywhere. I needed my roof replaced from hail damage. Called 5 contractors a year and a half ago and two finally showed up last fall to give me an estimate. My roof was finally installed a month ago.

I talked to the contractor about replacing my siding and he said that he would give me a bid if the work could wait until next Summer....

Crazy stuff.

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote