The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-12-2004, 02:44 AM   #1
68jimmy

ideas about wanting to lower C2500

I am wanting to lower my 68 GMC 2500 2 wheel drive. At first my thoughts were to find a 1/2 ton donor and swap over the front and rear components. The use drop spindles and springs for the front and lowering blocks for the rear. After doing a bit of research I am considering the following.

Front: Purchase from early classics their c20 to c10 conversion kit. Or perhaps just the drop spindles and find the rest in the wrecking yards and use bags.

Rear: Since this was originally a camper special it came equipped with the heavy leaf springs plus overloads. Here I was looking at the air ride technologies 4 link triangulated setup with bags.

Has anyone used one of these 4-link setups for a daily driver? Difficulty? Comments?

Thanks in advance!
68jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 04:05 AM   #2
GMCPaul

If you want the harsher 3/4 ton ride go with dropping it using 3/4 ton components. We carry a 3/4 ton 3" front drop spindle for your truck for $230 a pair that use 71-87 rotors and caliper & wheel bearings on to convert to disc's in the front, in the rear you can use a shackle to bring it down 2" and lose a leaf or 2 for more drop, plus you have the option of flipping the axle on top of the leaf spings for a 4-5" drop without shackles. Otherwise its a 4 link set-up with bags as you described.
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote