The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-08-2002, 10:45 PM   #1
muscletruck

anyone got any power steering stuff?

i NEED some for my 69 LWB 2wd, i am gonna be coming in to some money soon, if this damn bike ever sells, and i have decided it would be a good investment, i need the entire setup if possible, worse come to worse i can always get the pump from any small block right?...but anyone with the lines, gearbox and anything else i would need...doesn't have to be show condition just has to work, i just need a decent price, i would definately appreciate it......THANKS ALL!!

78 Crew Cab Dually
454/TH400, Dual Flows, Edelbrock Intake, Cam, Lifters, Billet Grill, K&N Airfilter, Grant Steering Wheel, A/C, soon to be power windows and locks, lots of plans for this...

....gas prices go down please
muscletruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 11:19 PM   #2
dmnall

Well what would you consider a Decent Price ?? I have Complete Powersteering Setup (i.e. Pump w/ Brackets, Lines and Powersteering box w/ Pitman Arm.. off my 74 Chev Parts Truck! I don't have any use for them because my 68 has Powersteering that I converted back in Summer of 2001 w/ parts off of a 79 Chev Truck!!

Get Back to me if you are interested!

Thanks,

Charlie
2008 Honda Civic Si *lease*
dmnall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 11:38 PM   #3
muscletruck

will parts off a 74 work for my truck?....if so.... great!....how much for everything, just gimmie a price, oh yah, do you have any idea how much shipping will be?....thanks ALOT!

78 Crew Cab Dually
454/TH400, Dual Flows, Edelbrock Intake, Cam, Lifters, Billet Grill, K&N Airfilter, Grant Steering Wheel, A/C, soon to be power windows and locks, lots of plans for this...

Old 10-09-2002, 07:45 PM   #4
dmnall

Well the parts off the 74 Chev will work on your truck. Make me an offer because I don't need the setup.. Another question, have ya ever been to Santa Barbara, CA ??
Old 10-09-2002, 09:43 PM   #5
muscletruck

dammit

ah man.i hate making offers, i always feel like i am cheap, and i dont want you to think i am just some guy trying to get stuff for free......well, lets see, you have all the stuff that i need, plus your in cali, but i would rather ship it then go get it, and you seem cool, and i really appreciate this so how about 2 grand ........... just jokin of course.....you do have everything i need though so.......would 200 be ok?.....i know where santa barbara is....is that about where you live???....oh yah one more question.....will that power steering gearbox bolt right up to my frame?..i thought that we could use later model boxes....THANK YOU SO MUCH.....

78 Crew Cab Dually

Old 10-11-2002, 01:10 AM   #6
dmnall

I live in Goleta, which is right above Santa Barbara.. I will sell you the whole set up for $ 150 ?? If that is cool ?? Trust me the Powersteering Box will bolt up because I have a 79 C10 PS Box on my 68!!

Well get back to me if you are interested!

Thanks,

Charlie
Old 10-11-2002, 01:35 AM   #7
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

While NOT trying to interfear with a potential sale here, I need to ask Mr muscletruck a Question....
where is your alt mounted? It really matters since you are trying to get a complete set up here.
On a small block, up to (and including) 72, the alt was up high on the drivers side, and the power steering pump was under it, with the bracket reaching to the motor mount.
The later set up had the alt on the passenger side, and the pump up a bit higher on the drivers side.
You can not run the old alt bracket with the newer pump set up.
Again, not trying to kill a sale, I just know how bad it sucks when no one mentions something that they could have mentioned, and have pile of junk on my floor becouse of it.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 05:14 PM   #8
muscletruck

SWEET

dmnall- yes i would love to buy it, right now i am waiting for my brother to get back to me about my motorcycle, his friend wants to buy it, i hope he can hurry up because i really want to jump on that

longhornmail- so what would i need to do to make the pump work, just get an alternator bracket that mounts on the passenger side?...or what? this is a great deal i and i want to get the stuff, so just let me know what i would need to do...I REALLY APPRECIATE IT! thanks to both of you...

78 Crew Cab Dually

Old 10-11-2002, 06:15 PM   #9
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

Muscletruck, you need the waterpump, pullies, alt brackets, & steering pump& brackets & hoses from the 74 to make that work. take a look at my longhorn, its done with 73 up parts http://community.webshots.com/user/hotrodhorn
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 06:19 PM   #10
Michael A. K. G

No mention of water pump pulley and harmonic balancer. This isn't a complete setup.

You can get an inline six bracket, pulley, HB and pump off a Nova; they are the same. Make sure you get all the parts off the same vehicle or you may have multiple pulley alignments to deal with. You may need a timing cover if the HB has the timing mark in a different place.

The gear and Pitman arm must come off a truck. It is the same for all the V8 trucks, and the gear can even be found on some Dodges (not the Pitman arm, though).

Last edited by Michael A. K. G; 10-11-2002 at 06:33 PM.
Michael A. K. G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 01:49 AM   #11
dmnall

Well I have the set up still, I will check the PS Pump set up tomorrow and see if it is like how Crazy Longhorn's Set up Is. Well I will get back to you tomorrow on that one!

Thanks Again,

Charlie