The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 04:17 AM   #1
laidout69

Sum Lowlifes

okay this moring i go out to my truck to warm her up. well i go back into the house and finish gettin ready for work.. then i hop in my truck and i go and hit the switches to lift her up and it doesnt lift up! im like wtf. ok so i pop the hood(check my connection to the battery) its good alright well then i move on to the fuse box. all good there.. so then i checkn the valves. THEY ARE MISSING!!!. along with 2 rear bags! and my gas tank! so then im my truck cant move now cuz sum1 stole my valves and 2 bags. and fuel cell. sum **** huh?

Last edited by laidout69; 10-12-2006 at 04:18 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:35 AM   #2
Aarons72s

Re: Sum Lowlifes

Man that is a bunch of S**T! I am so sick of hearing people getting there stuff stolen in there dang drive way. Probably some punks did it. The ones around here are mainly 13-15 year olds out running around at 2 and 3 in the morning. I hope you have insurance to cover it. I also hope you find those little B******S!
Aaron
Old 10-12-2006, 07:39 AM   #3
cdowns

you warmed it up without a fuel cell?? neat trick
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
Old 10-12-2006, 08:06 AM   #4
RSRXION

There was a time when this country found it acceptable to hang horse thieves and the like. I long for those days ! I've had cars stolen, others vandalized , more parts stolen than I can even list and only 1 , JUST ONE , of those sorry bastards spent a night in jail. And that came after 8 months of trial delays etc ... During this 8 month span, he was arrested a half dozen time for various reasons and TWICE with a stolen, loaded handgun in his possession. WTF !! Good luck and I hope you get it back, Dean
Old 10-12-2006, 08:21 AM   #5
meathead95
computer illiterate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdowns View Post
you warmed it up without a fuel cell?? neat trick
thats what i was thinking.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:35 AM   #6
junkyardjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSRXION View Post
There was a time when this country found it acceptable to hang horse thieves and the like. I long for those days ! I've had cars stolen, others vandalized , more parts stolen than I can even list and only 1 , JUST ONE , of those sorry bastards spent a night in jail. And that came after 8 months of trial delays etc ... During this 8 month span, he was arrested a half dozen time for various reasons and TWICE with a stolen, loaded handgun in his possession. WTF !! Good luck and I hope you get it back, Dean
ABOUT 150 YEARS AGO IN THIS COUNTRY, IF SOMEONE WAS A THIEF OR AN OBNOXIOS JERK, THEY DIDN'T LIVE MUCH PAST 15. SOMEBODY SHOT THEM. END OF STORY. BUT IN TODAYS WORLD THAT IS ILLEAGLE. AS A RESULT THOSE IDIOTS BREED LIKE RATS, MAKING MORE & MORE JERKS & NOW THEY MAKE UP A LARGER & LARGER % OF THE POPULATION. CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT IT'LL BE LIKE IN 30 OR 40 YEARS?? I'M ALL FOR BRINGING BACK PUBLIC HANGINGS. I WAS BROUGHT UP WITH THE RULE THAT IF IT ISN'T YOURS.. LEAVE IT THE H@LL ALONE. JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
Old 10-12-2006, 09:46 AM   #7
sleepyboy
'69 Step

I'd vote for the saturday town square justice system. Why do we have to spend so much money on housing and or processing repeat POS offenders?? I had an appartment robbed once, most horrible feeling in the world. I feel for you Bro..
Old 10-12-2006, 03:29 PM   #8
67chevy2wd

That is crazy, it's not like it was a 10 min thing either. They had to be there awhile to get all that stuff out. I know the frustration, the stupid part is the cops won't do jack, atleast they didn't in my case, (nothing against cops) and there was 7 vehicles broken into that night in the same area.
'71 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4
‘71 GMC 1/2 ton 2wd suburban
Old 10-12-2006, 04:03 PM   #9
CochinoFilipino

That really sucks man. That kind of **** really pisses me off. But at least the remainder of your truck is still there.

Better keep a close eye on her. These punks know what you have and might be back for more.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:13 PM   #10
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

They got in my truck a couple weeks ago, got all my CD's (again) the face plate to my stereo (was in my CD book...was gonna bring them in but forgot) allong with my crappy digi cam...with all the pics from my SanFran trip (I had D/L them already, but they were still on there) and... get this, they took the little dream catcher tham my girlfriend had made for me.
What kinda sh!t is that?
Nothing compaired to air bags and the other stuff on this begining of this thread, but still...
Old 10-12-2006, 04:13 PM   #11
bryanw1968

Man that sucks sorry to hear that!!!!!!!

I had my entire truck stolen and vandalized. Cops found it after some MF's raped and wrecked it. Totalled......

They make silent alarms with pagers. Once they set it off they'll never know you're coming.

Good luck,
B-dub
Old 10-12-2006, 05:25 PM   #12
Shane
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidout69 View Post
okay this moring i go out to my truck to warm her up ... cuz sum1 stole my valves and 2 bags. and fuel cell.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:29 PM   #13
MrC1
Dork For Days

I've left my truck outside over night only a few times, but each time I was nervous -- and it was in a gated backyard! I don't trust people to be anything short of crooked and evil. It's sad, but that just seems to be what people are about nowadays. Scum buckets.
2008 Cadillac CTS
All-American garage, baby!
Old 10-12-2006, 05:36 PM   #14
laidout69

it was only running for a couple of min. untill all the gas was out of the lineand filter. and yea now its complete bone dry!
Old 10-12-2006, 05:43 PM   #15
soulman67
Randy churchill

When I was in high school, I built ranch fences. I just drove my 67 to school and picked up tools and supplies in it. One day a bunch of guys vandalized my truck with my own tools, the schools camera recorded the whole thing. The cops and school let them off with a warning. I haven't respected cops ever since.
1985 Jeep CJ7 30k in parts and still adding up
Old 10-12-2006, 05:57 PM   #16
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

It sucks that there's not much you can do about it.I did get to see some unusual justice once.The guy living in the apt. next to me had a tire missing off his "NEW" Vette.It was on a couple of the landscape timbers.He said they just shove the timbers under and let the air out of the tire so they don't have to jack it up.He claimed there were 3 other vette's the same way somewhere that morning.His Ins. paid like $500.00 for a new tire.He knew nothing would be done about it.He was a cop.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
Old 10-12-2006, 07:22 PM   #17
redneckgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
... get this, they took the little dream catcher tham my girlfriend had made for me.
What kinda sh!t is that?
They will steal anything. My brother's place got broken into, and the bastards took his clothes, and food...including an open jar of peanut butter....
Then they came back a week later and got the clothes that had been in the laundry the first time......
Old 10-12-2006, 11:34 PM   #18
69-350
Oil trash and damn proud of it

I know how it feels. I came out one morning to go to school, and the doors and tailgate/backwindow were wide open on my S-10 Blazer. My subs were jacked, two 6x9's, two amps, and my radar detector. Missed my CD's and my crappy CD player. I was so furious. Got my subs and my good amp back, and my bad amp. Never saw the two speakers or my radar detector.

Let me tell you, if I ever catch anybody stealing my stuff, I won't hesitate to shoot them. I won't even call the cops, ever. I'll deal justice the way it was MEANT to be dealt. You don't even want to know what I will do to thiefs. I'll make sure they CAN'T ever steal anything again. A good deterent to crime is to severely punish the criminal. You catch a guy stealing your stuff, you crush every bone in both his hands. He'll be fed and cared for by somebody else for a very long time. All his buddies will be like "I don't want my hands pulverized into fine bloody flesh and powder, I'll leave that guy alone" Do like they do in some countries, where crime ways with severe pain. You steal something, they'll steal your hand. I think public hangings would be a good thing. Public and extreme punishments would be a very excellent crime deterrent. Don't ever let a redneck catch you stealing his stuff, they won't hesitate to cap your knees, brake your bones, and tie a rope between you and their hitch at 30mph in a field. If you're that desperate, GET A JOB AND THEN BUY WHAT YOU WERE GOING TO STEAL. IT'S THAT FRIGGEN EASY. Everyone else does it, why can't they work and buy it too?

1997 K1500 Z71, 14 bolt SF 3.73 posi, Bright Blue Metallic. 6" Superlift
1972 C-10, toolbox, p/s, 350/TH350/3.73 open, black int., bronze
2008 Dodge MegaCab. H&S tuned 6.7 Cummins. Fast Four Tons

Some of my pics http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m294/69-350/
Old 10-12-2006, 11:56 PM   #19
lukecp
Formerly yellow72custom

I had my car broken into last year. After breaking one side window, stealing my CD player, they took the liberty of smashing in my windshield and my back glass. $800 in replacement windows (mostly due to the $400 back glass). The worst part was when I got new glass put in it, hopped in the car to drive it home, turned on the AC and had the vents blow out tiny shards of glass all over me and the car. I punched the steering wheel as hard as I could a few times.

The cop said he'd have the police report done in a week, and it took over a month. Less than a week later a 16 year-old kid was caught by the cops with a truck stolen from the same parking lot my car was vandalized in. He lived right across the street. The police never even bothered looking into him vandalizing my car or charged him with it.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:07 AM   #20
bluewhitepete
chevy72402 under a new name to get past a ban

Is nobody else catching on that this guy is lying??? how do you warm up one of our old trucks with the fuel cell missing??? it wouldn't run a minute without running out of fuel.... Maybe it's just me, but something with this "STORY" doesn't add up....
Old 10-13-2006, 12:42 AM   #21
Ron 586
RIP Mr Ron

It's his story he can tell it anyway he wants to. Now that you've heard it you can believe it or not. I wasn't there so don't ask me. But then I never could add worth a damn anyway.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

TN Message Forum

TN Facebook Group

SETN Truck Show

My Photobucket
Old 10-13-2006, 12:43 AM   #22
nate68

my truck always stays in the garage or a relative's shop guarded by dogs
Old 10-13-2006, 12:46 AM   #23
69TowRig

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewhitepete View Post
Is nobody else catching on that this guy is lying??? how do you warm up one of our old trucks with the fuel cell missing??? it wouldn't run a minute without running out of fuel.... Maybe it's just me, but something with this "STORY" doesn't add up....
This was already covered above?
Building a stripper, one part at a time: 1969 K5, 307, 3spd, 3 seats, hard top. Added Pwr Discs, Pwr Steering, Aux Battery, T-case Skid, Lighted Sidemarkers, HEI, Lock-Right Diff, ECE Class IV Hitch, 32" MT/Rs. Parts to Install: Hand Throttle, Console, Tow Hooks, Dual Horns, AM-FM, Dealer Swing-Away Tire Carrier, Gas Tank Skid.
Also building a 1950 Willys CJ-3A and off-roading a 2001 Nissan Frontier on 1-Ton Portals...
Old 10-13-2006, 12:47 AM   #24
laidout69

alright mistet smart guy.. if u dont believe me thats fine but i dont know why i would just all of a sudden make sumthin up like that. and yes it would run out cuz of a no fuel cell. but it ran just for a min or 2. so yea believe me or not i dont really care!
Old 10-13-2006, 01:28 AM   #25
ThatOneBlue67
I survived Dead Man's Curve.

I believe you buddy. That's what Ido for my motorcycles when I store them. I cutoff the gas and let it run until the lines are dry. And that's a short motorcycle line.

But man is that gay! I had someone TP my truck one night and then throw food at it a month later. If I'm home Friday and Saturday nights, I have a regular schedule in which I check in on the old girl up until the wee hours.

"The Hurricane"
1967 Chevrolet C10
350 Eight Cylinder, 700R4 BowtieOverdrive

Cherry Bomb... Disturbing the Peace Since 1968.

Last edited by ThatOneBlue67; 10-13-2006 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Addition
Closed Thread