The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-31-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
new to this

Checking in.

I know it has been a while but i have an update on my project.I just took the cab that i got on ebay to the sand blasters along whith my inner fenders and a right front fender and i have my eye on a left front fender.I had my 350 four bolt main cleaned and bored out and i just installed the crank. recieved the kieth black pistons from summit and recieved the new connecting rods and took the rods and pistons to the machine shop to have the pistons pressed on and when i went to pick up the pistons the machine shop told me that they had weighed the connecting rods and did something to them so that if i decided to go with a balanced rotating assembly that it was half done already. I do have a question i seen a c10 stepside just like mine and noticed that it had a heavey duty rear bumper that rapped around the bed and met the rear fenders, has anyone see this type of rear bumper on any stepside and know who makes it? I was unable to ask the person that owned the truck.
new to this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
unclewatts
70 Chevrolet=Obsession

Re: Checking in.

First of all, welcome back to the board. I'm sorry for the poor picture but if you look to the left, you can see the bumper wrapping around the rear fender and ending at the wheel well. This is commonly known as a "Barden" bumper manufactured in Oakland California. I very recently took it off and replaced it with a factory "Custom" or "Sport bumper." If you have a longbed step, (it won't fit a short step) Come get for free as I'm gonna haul it to the wrecking yard for scrap.
Attached Images

I'm Just like my truck. Old, Ugly and Grouchy. Except my truck starts easily in the morning and doesn't smoke!

IT'S NOT EASY BEING GREEN! -Kermit the frog

1970 Chevrolet C-10 Longbed Stepside :
350, Muncie M20, 3.08 GM corp. positraction Forest green exterior/light green interior(Where all my money goes)

1996 Toyota Corolla (Parts runner)
unclewatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
new to this

That is the type of bumper i am talking about.i would love to come get it but i am unable to drive to Cal. because i live in Va. but if you would be willing to wrap it and put it on the nearest grayhound bus i would gladly pay you for all of the shipping of coures.Send me a persomal meassage with the payment info if you are willing to ship it for me.
new to this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:30 AM   #4
unclewatts
70 Chevrolet=Obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by new to this View Post
That is the type of bumper i am talking about.i would love to come get it but i am unable to drive to Cal. because i live in Va. but if you would be willing to wrap it and put it on the nearest grayhound bus i would gladly pay you for all of the shipping of coures.Send me a persomal meassage with the payment info if you are willing to ship it for me.
PM sent.

I'm Just like my truck. Old, Ugly and Grouchy. Except my truck starts easily in the morning and doesn't smoke!

IT'S NOT EASY BEING GREEN! -Kermit the frog

1970 Chevrolet C-10 Longbed Stepside :
350, Muncie M20, 3.08 GM corp. positraction Forest green exterior/light green interior(Where all my money goes)

1996 Toyota Corolla (Parts runner)

Last edited by unclewatts; 11-02-2009 at 01:37 AM.
unclewatts is offline   Reply With Quote