The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-30-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
darkone

which pwr steering pulley for a Newer 350 small block? allignment problem

Hey all, looking for some help here. Apparently I have a slightly newer 350 small block than what came standard in the 70 c20 im driving. Anyway, my pwr steering pulley grove sits right in the middle of my 2 grove Harmonic ballancer pulley groves. My question is, does anyone know what I can pull a prw steering pulley out of to make these groves line up? Ideally i would like to move the pwr steering groove back abour 3/8ths, but forward the same distance would also work probably. Any input appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help!
Posted via Mobile Device
darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
john
member #16

Re: which pwr steering pulley for a Newer 350 small block? allignment problem

A pic would help alot. Long or short water pump? Alt on driver or pass side? You mention slightly newer motor, 73 up have the long pump and the parts do not interchange with the 72 and older trucks.
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:47 PM   #3
darkone

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
A pic would help alot. Long or short water pump? Alt on driver or pass side? You mention slightly newer motor, 73 up have the long pump and the parts do not interchange with the 72 and older trucks.
not sure on the water pump. the alternator is on the passenger side. I would guess it is a 73 and newer though so the long pump may be what is up. any ideas on where to go from here? thanks for the words, john
darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
rsavage

There is a guy I have used in the past that is very knowledgeable on what you will need. His name is Jim and goes under the ebay name of Gotpulley. He puts together and sells complete systems on ebay but he also sells individual pulleys which i have bought before. He posts his phone number in his ebay ads for questions, so I don't think I would violate any privacy by posting it here Jim 480-981-3096. here's a link to one of his ads so you can verify he posts his number. I do not know him personally but I have been personally helped by his knowledge.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...#ht_500wt_1182
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote