The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
Bazzar c10

New old look...ppg dp90

Ok...so im on my way home from a buddies house and BAM, Lady hits me oncoming turning left right in the my drivers door and lower cab and bed...Yes it was 100% her fault and was cited for failing to yield ...Long story short it was original paint and was going to be rather dicey trying to color match it, several shop told me that...? Any way knowing there were a few other dings and it had got keyed two summers ago on the bed down to metal i was ready to make the call...Bodywork & ppg dp90 primer..Old school it for now..I also had all the trim holed filled/welded to give it a cleaner look ,So body work is now 100% and Dp90 until summer when i will get the paint done. Probably red again because of jam's and interior still red..I like the chevy red anyways..As far as the ppg 90 goes Its a must to let it cure for five days and no rain or water on it...It will water mark it bad..You can put a clear flat satin on it for protection from sun because dp90 fades rather fast,but mine is temp so no biggie,It does show dirt and oils rather well and scuffs easy ,Power washer takes dirt and oils off but scuffs remain,If you careful it could last a long time and look great too..I also added cowl hood Installed,Billet grill and rear pan (not installed as of yet ) My local shop here in town "CHEVYMETAL" hooked me up with all my parts super nice stuff and ready to roll..I also finished my exhaust on new motor (355) with new ceramic headers and h pipe.I will have a thread on that as well...thanks for looking guys i will post when painted...
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
1980GMC

Re: New old look...ppg dp90

That sucks about the accident. But the truck is lookin great even in the primer! Cowl hood looks sick.
1980GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
'79squared

Re: New old look...ppg dp90

Ya looks good black but its weird not seeing it red now lol