The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 09:15 AM   #26
luvbowties

Wink Re: CL find; YIKES

We now know another way to cure the big hei distributor cap-to-firewall clearance problem...
Sam
Old 05-25-2014, 11:16 PM   #27
familyfast64

Re: CL find; YIKES

Quote:
Originally Posted by tincan1966 View Post
Why not $20K ???

For the nay sayers: why don't you go invest the time and talent it takes to do that kind of work and see what you think it's worth.

Pretty routine, closed minded thinking around this site lately- that anything you don't like is supposedly worthless. It worth whatever a man will sell it for and what another will pay. If you're not the one buying or selling, the opinion is what's worthless.
Unfortunately, investing the time and money doesn't always get you a return in equal proportions. Ha, but I'm not meaning to be disrespectful in anyway whatsoever. I'm just the guy that loves the work you've done but understands the work I want to do and to accomplish that, I'm gonna need to remind you that the market for custom "rat rods"(I think that's fair) might be growing but there no way it's worth more than an original pristine condition truck. Which is hardly 20 gs as it is. And I'm talking average, obviously there's always the exception. I would then say..Plus, seriously, 20 grand and it's not drivable? But hey, you surely know the game as well and that's why you started way up there like that,...right? I am not rich and willing to pay to dollar for something I desire either. Your car it's a work of art tho and you prolly won't believe ne but I've had your truck saved in my phone for months now... About that long. I think it's rad.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:28 PM   #28
familyfast64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softpatch View Post
here's another
some will leave scratching there head.
Love it or hate it someone had a vision and well.... here you go
Cool, ha , but I wouldn't pay 20 for that either. Saying that is not rude. The problem is we arnt allowed to just have an opinion without 20 people trying to call you out for it. The thread was specifically started to simply show a rad ride. How boring would it be to only be able to say AWESOME! COOL! LOVE IT! PERFECT! I GOTTA HAVE THAT!. come on right. Everyone needs to quit being butt hurt over every comment that's not "politically correct".
Old 05-26-2014, 12:14 AM   #29
chevy_mike
Never Ending Projects

Keep it clean everyone. No bashing any truck or any member. If you don't like the truck, that's fine, if you do, that fine too. If you feel you need to bash it, don't post up your opinion. You can add your opinion without bashing.

Everyone has been warned.
1965 Chevy C10, Long, Fleetside, Hot Rod C10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415702 SOLD

We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason... listen twice as much and speak half as often...
Old 05-26-2014, 12:20 AM   #30
imjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tincan1966 View Post
Why not $20K ???

For the nay sayers: why don't you go invest the time and talent it takes to do that kind of work and see what you think it's worth.

Pretty routine, closed minded thinking around this site lately- that anything you don't like is supposedly worthless. It worth whatever a man will sell it for and what another will pay. If you're not the one buying or selling, the opinion is what's worthless.
Wow! While I agree that things are worth what someone is willing to pay, I don't think a differing opinion makes their opinion "worthless". You claim to not be a "self proclaimed expert", yet on your page you list your specialty in pre 70 trucks (as a profession). I have gained a lot of valuable information from this site even after turning wrenches on these trucks for almost 40 years. You claim to only gain "minor" information that you knew anyway (not professing to be expert?), refuse to pay, and threaten to leave. You complain about the dangerous advice given to our younger members yet list one of your hobbies as "avid street racer"?.? Then you call members who disagree with your valuation of a rat rod hypocrites? Sounds like you've got an axe to grind. The moderators do a great job at enforcing the "no-bashing" policy. The seller probably increased the likelihood of selling his truck through this very discussion.
67 Chevelle 396, 4 speed
74 FXE
08 Tahoe
Old 05-26-2014, 07:55 AM   #31
tincan1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjeff View Post
Wow! While I agree that things are worth what someone is willing to pay, I don't think a differing opinion makes their opinion "worthless". You claim to not be a "self proclaimed expert", yet on your page you list your specialty in pre 70 trucks (as a profession). I have gained a lot of valuable information from this site even after turning wrenches on these trucks for almost 40 years. You claim to only gain "minor" information that you knew anyway (not professing to be expert?), refuse to pay, and threaten to leave. You complain about the dangerous advice given to our younger members yet list one of your hobbies as "avid street racer"?.? Then you call members who disagree with your valuation of a rat rod hypocrites? Sounds like you've got an axe to grind. The moderators do a great job at enforcing the "no-bashing" policy. The seller probably increased the likelihood of selling his truck through this very discussion.
If you're going to come knocking on me at least read the facts right. AVID STREET RODDER AND DRAG RACER is the actual quote. I am strongly against street racing BTW

Doing something for a living does not make one an expert, it's just s job. Everyone has something to learn, I just haven't learned much here that I didn't already know from owning and working on these trucks all my life. Still not an expert. I think that term is an over-exaggeration of one's own ability.

The only axe I have to grind is the whole "mine worth mega bucks, but yours isn't" attitude most of the forums bring out when something different is posted.
I don't particularly care for restored, original trucks, I think they are dated an boring, but I will still compliment an owner for the amount of work and the finished product, because I do understand what it takes to achieve that finished goal. It's not any different for the vehicle in question on this thread. The owner of that truck has countless hours in fabrication, and execution of his concept. To me , it seems that a lot of people think the Rat Rod hobby is a bunch of thrown together POS's that ruin "good parts". When in fact, a lot of what I've seen are guys wanting something outside the box, fun and are actually saving a lot of sheet metal that isn't restoration quality from the scrap heap.

My refusal to pay for this site, has several issues. Mostly with the whole advertising concept. You cannot even mention anything you might be selling yourself, but yet can post countless ads from ebay and CL of everyone else's items? Guess I am too thick to understand but to me advertising for sale is advertising for sale. But it appears that making money for someone else or helping them sell items is ok, as long you are not making it yourself. So I could easily post stuff on CL or whatever, list my buddies phone number then copy and paste it here, claim it as "not mine" and be within the rules. Seems fair enough, right?

I don't mind anyone disagreeing with me, but if you're gonna try to call me out on something, don't be swingin' noodles in a knife fight! Make sure you're using the right info and not what you want to read.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #32
chevy_mike
Never Ending Projects

And we are done.... Closing this before it gets more out of hand.
1965 Chevy C10, Long, Fleetside, Hot Rod C10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415702 SOLD

We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason... listen twice as much and speak half as often...
Closed Thread