The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-08-2005, 09:50 AM   #1
ammocrypta

69 C10 with 58,000 mi.

Hello. I'm new here and definitely not too savvy about these classics. Just a biology professor in Mississippi who inherited his grandfather's 69 C-10 about 5 years ago. I have kept it garaged and it came from the dry climate of western Oklahoma. It has 57,000 original miles, but currently it won't start (not getting gas to the carb.) and has a driver's side window that is not working. I am planning on fixing these things and was wondering if anyone could give me an idea about what it is worth. I would like to sell it after I get it in good working condition.

Much thanks in advance!
Chris
ammocrypta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:13 AM   #2
jhow66

Need some pictures first.
jhow66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:19 AM   #3
Putter
More Cowbell....

FIRST, welcome to the board from Central Mississippi. Home of.....well.....nevermind!!!

You have GOT to be kidding me!!! You want to SELL you grandfather's truck??? I have turned down many-an-offer for my grandfather's '69 C-10. It isn't worth all that much, but money couldn't touch it!!!

But if you must sell it, and assuming you are trying to sell it in Mississippi, with everything working, and if the rust isn't out of control, you can get $1500-$3500....just depending on how bad the buyer wants it. Absolutely MINT condition, you might even pull in $5000, but I wouldn't suggest you hold your breath on the $5k.
Remember, around here, they are almost a dime a dozen, and people see it as just another farm truck. I am not trying to step on your toes, but I doubt you will get rich. Don't get me wrong, IT WILL SELL, but you won't retire from MSU from the profits.
Now, up north, if it is nearly rust free, you can do a LOT better than down here.

If you have to sell it, I wish you the best. Post up some pictures! And if you are ever in Jackson, give me a shout. We love meeting members!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 11:50 AM   #4
ammocrypta

Thanks for the info. Putter! I'm in Jackson on a regular basis - my girlfriend is there. Let me know if you know of anyone interested in my truck. It is red, minimal rust, and of course, the low mileage!
Old 08-08-2005, 01:04 PM   #5
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Welcome from the southern end of Mississippi. My daughter just started up at MSMS, so maybe we'll get to meet up on one of the many trips I will be making up to Columbus over the next two years.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 02:55 PM   #6
tomatocity

Welcome to the Board from Sacramento CA.

You came to the right place to sell your Grandfathers 69 C/10 and many of us are interested and would like to see pictures. What is 'the usual rust'? Things to describe: Rust, Exterior moldings, Door panels, Dash pad, Head liner, Door handles, Glass, Glove box, Body damage, Tires and Wheels, AC, Power steering, Power brakes, Long or Short bed, Tailgate, Bumpers, Radio, Gauge cluster (tach or vacuum is good), Tilt column, Radio antenna, Exhaust, and the list goes on and on.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:00 PM   #7
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

2 the board from west 10-uh-c
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 07:26 PM   #8
ammocrypta

Thanks Tomatocity. When I get it out of the garage I'll take some pics and provide as much info as possible.