The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-06-2005, 09:42 PM   #1
MAR-Ktech
Truck Parts Mfg.

Instructions for bedwood install

I originally posted this in the parts board by mistake. It belongs here.

We have manufactured bed wood for 20+ years, its a pretty good product.
On a thread a few days ago, a user who purchased our bedwood kit from one of our dealers was not pleased that complete instructions were not included with the kit. All we include with bed wood is a sheet with finishing suggestions and a drawing that shows where the boards go in the bed, but no other instructions. I believe the customer expected more, and I am requesting feedback to develop more extensive instructions needed for bedwood installation.

I ask for suggestions regarding what instructions would be helpful for this installation. Maybe those of you that have had to work your way through the process on your own could let me know what information would have made the installation go smoother.

Thanks

Mar-Ktech
Old 09-06-2005, 10:00 PM   #2
72MARIO

A guy faxed me a instruction booklet put together by you guys at Mar-K. The booklet covered converting to wood floor from a steal floor.. It was awesome. All I had was the sides and with out the booklet It would not have gone together as easily.Thanks.

I really dont see whats hard about finishing and installing the wood (besides the time involved) what more you could ask for ?

I should also add, Your Mar-K front bed pannel Fit Perfect. Thumbs up for punching out the first bolt on restoration part.
Attached Images

1990 V2500 Suburban "Plow Truck"
2005 TAHOE DD

Last edited by 72MARIO; 09-06-2005 at 10:06 PM.
72MARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:59 PM   #3
MAR-Ktech
Truck Parts Mfg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MARIO
A guy faxed me a instruction booklet put together by you guys at Mar-K. The booklet covered converting to wood floor from a steal floor.. It was awesome. All I had was the sides and with out the booklet It would not have gone together as easily.Thanks.

I really dont see whats hard about finishing and installing the wood (besides the time involved) what more you could ask for ?

I should also add, Your Mar-K front bed pannel Fit Perfect. Thumbs up for punching out the first bolt on restoration part.

We will probably use that booklet as a guide for the instructions for stepsides and others. We appreciate the suggestions

Mar-Ktech
Old 09-06-2005, 11:20 PM   #4
MAR-Ktech
Truck Parts Mfg.

Hidden bed-to-frame bolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoof
Perhaps some information on how to mount the bed without having to put the bolts through the bedwood. I've seen it done but i don't know if you'd recommend it.
How's the weather test coming? Any conclusions?
We offer a kit with hidden bolts. The wood comes with small cavities on the underside to provide clearance for the bolt heads. http://www.mar-k.com/bed_wood.pdf for the catalog page that describes it. I will look at doing an instruction for the website to cover this. We feel OK with hidden bolts if they pass through the cross sill so the cross sills are bolted to the frame as original. Bolting just that thin bracket under the cross sill to the frame does not seem strong enough to be safe and we do not recomment that method.

The weather test has been in place for a couple months. http://www.mar-k.com/wood_finish_testing_ii.html No updates since it started. So far all the samples are doing well and there are no failures yet. Weather is less harsh than last year and we didn't get it fully in place until July so it is too soon to make conclusions. We feel confident some of these finishes will last much better than those of the first test series. We will try to make an update to the page soon to let everyone know.

Mar-Ktech
Old 09-06-2005, 11:22 PM   #5
MAR-Ktech
Truck Parts Mfg.

We have bed kits for Longhorn. We are not selling on eBay.

Mar-Ktech
Old 09-07-2005, 12:34 AM   #6
Spoof

Perhaps some information on how to mount the bed without having to put the bolts through the bedwood. I've seen it done but i don't know if you'd recommend it.
How's the weather test coming? Any conclusions?
Old 09-07-2005, 12:45 AM   #7
RPOZ11
72 BB C30 Super LongHorn

Cool MAR-Ktech

MAR-Ktech...

Have you made these yet for a LongHorn?
If so, Details...?

I have seen the eBay guy advertising his, not sure if you are him....

HO72 build :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=714492

2017 SS
RPOZ11 is offline   Reply With Quote