The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-14-2005, 07:29 AM   #26
87 STEPPER
STILL PLAYS WITH TRUX

Thumbs up

2 the board from sunny so. Fla.

I like what i see!

Im guessin' from your log in name your gonna paint it Silver?

Yeah were gonna have to see the after paint pic's for shure!

Im with ya on not shavin' every thing off i like the look of some chrome on a vehicle.

Its kinda funny cuz im noticing alot of guys are buying and installing chrome plated inserts for the newer trucks door handles gas doors and other things.

Whats ya doin' for power in that thing?

MY 87 STEPPER

MY 99 2D/WD TAHOE

Last edited by 87 STEPPER; 09-14-2005 at 07:31 AM.
87 STEPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:25 AM   #27
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

Whoo HOo...that is gonna look insane when you get it done!! Already looks damn nice!

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:34 AM   #28
boxrodz
Until Seventy Times Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75silverstep
Thnx...if You Look At Pictures Above I Put In Led Taillights With Backup Light Built In....not Shaving Driprails Or Door Handels(everyone Around Here Is Doing That)...lowered The Bumpers Filling In The Gas Holes And Going With Fuel Cell...not Sure About The Bed Yet Im Thinking Diamond Plate.....putting Threaded Billet Pieces In Place Of The Ugly Chain On Tailgate....just To Start Thanks For Asking.
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I noticed your taillights. Should look cool.
I too prefer some body trim and the door handles.

I do like what Jeff had done to smooth the top, rear seam of the cab.

Some of the guys around here did a great job with their stepside's bed.

Yours should be (is) pretty sharp.

When two halves is gone, there's nuthin left. Two nothings is nuthin. That's mathematics son.
You can argue with me but you can't argue with figures. Two half nothings is a whole nuthin...
boxrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:42 AM   #29
bigblock73
yeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxrodz
I do like what Jeff had done to smooth the top, rear seam of the cab.
Thanks, I like it too. I also like to see some chrome on the exterior. I did shave my emblems, mirrors and door locks...but I kept the door handles, chrome bumpers and grill trim. Basically, I got rid of the bulky eye catching stuff, and kept the rest.

Last edited by bigblock73; 09-15-2005 at 12:42 AM.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:52 AM   #30
75silverstep
KEEP ON TRUCKIN.

Here More Pics...

Not Much To Update Yet..heres More Pics...

Last edited by 75silverstep; 11-21-2005 at 03:47 PM.
75silverstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 03:03 AM   #31
75silverstep
KEEP ON TRUCKIN.

Sorry If Im Doing This Wrong

Heres A Few More...

Old 09-15-2005, 10:17 PM   #32
truckinbean

Looks like it's gonna be a sweet truck. Do you go to any shows in the area? I live halfway between Tulare and Porterville, sorta by Woodville, but I never get around to going to anything.

If I ever enter any shows, if I ever get my blazer finished, we might cancel each other out. My blazer's silver (2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse silver to be exact), has Boyd's (17/18 rodder 5's) and has the same ultra-lite gauges, except mine are behind the bezel.

Mine has the door handles shaved and has mirrors though.

I spend most of my time in P-ville though, so maybe no one will notice.

Oh yeah, welcome to the board.

Ben
Performer 1400 carb
Sanderson Headers/Dual 2 1/2" Flowmasters
truckinbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:25 PM   #33
corn

what do you have for a drop on it right now? Ive got 3" springs & 3" spindles on the front. In the rear I have a flip kit & rear shackles with 2 leaf springs gone & it sits nowhere as low as yours. Thanks for posting more shots of it too...corn
corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:28 PM   #34
75silverstep
KEEP ON TRUCKIN.

cen-cal trucks

truckinbean...no i dont or wont enter shows this is for my personal enjoyment....I do go to some shows and check out stuff..now i have a son and daughter that are both in there late teens and might enter it haha...nice to see a local guy on site....did you end up getting side marker lights (CLEAR ONES)..how did they look in getting some from aspecialz myself...
Old 09-15-2005, 11:41 PM   #35
75silverstep
KEEP ON TRUCKIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfed63
what do you have for a drop on it right now? Ive got 3" springs & 3" spindles on the front. In the rear I have a flip kit & rear shackles with 2 leaf springs gone & it sits nowhere as low as yours. Thanks for posting more shots of it too...corn
corn its stock spindels up front that have longer bolts that are shimmed out....the springs are cut ,but ive got another set im gona cut when it comes back from paint..it sits lower in back now but will level it off...the back has i think leaf 2,4,6 out of it and flipped with 2"blocks and shackles not sure what the drop is on those..has a djm c notch also...hope this helps
Old 09-15-2005, 11:53 PM   #36
DroppedZ84
Account Suspended

Quote:
corn its stock spindels up front that have longer bolts that are shimmed out.
What do you mean by this?
BTW: KILLER Stepper!
DroppedZ84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 12:15 AM   #37
75silverstep
KEEP ON TRUCKIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroppedZ84
What do you mean by this?
BTW: KILLER Stepper!
DONT KNOW WHAT ITS CALLED BUT BACK IN THE DAY INSTEAD OF PUTTING DPOPPED SPINDLES ON IT WE WOULD REPLACE THE STOCK BOLTS WITH LONGER ONES FOR THE UPPER CONTROL ARM...THEN SHIM IT OUT TILL ITS STRAIGHT....ILL HAVE TO FIND OUT HOW LONG THERE ARE ..WELL ASKED MY NEIGHBOR ALSO A OLD TRUCK GUY HE SAYS ITS A 1/2 X 4" GRADE 8 BOLT WITH HE SAID 13 OR 14 WASHERS THEN THE TIRE GUYS PUTS HORSHOE SHIMS TO STRAIGHTEN....DO IT THIS WAS BECAUSE THE DROP SPINDELS PUSH THE TIRE OUT TO FAR AND COULDNT PUT THE 10's ON IT IN THE DAY..HOPE THIS HELPS...
Old 09-16-2005, 01:00 AM   #38
DroppedZ84
Account Suspended

Quote:
THE DROP SPINDELS PUSH THE TIRE OUT TO FAR AND COULDNT PUT THE 10's ON IT IN THE DAY..HOPE THIS HELPS...
See, you didn't say earlier that you had drop spindles, you said STOCK spindles. OK, I understand about the drop spindles and the need for camber correction. Still, that's a LOW and SIIICK truck. How's the engine though? Since you're a 75, you don't have to smog it anymore, so, what's under that hood?
DroppedZ84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:42 AM   #39
boxrodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckinbean
My blazer's silver (2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse silver to be exact), has Boyd's (17/18 rodder 5's) and has the same ultra-lite gauges, except mine are behind the bezel.

Mine has the door handles shaved and has mirrors though.

Ben
Got any pics of your ride. From your description, it sounds tight.

When two halves is gone, there's nuthin left. Two nothings is nuthin. That's mathematics son.
You can argue with me but you can't argue with figures. Two half nothings is a whole nuthin...
Old 09-16-2005, 03:02 AM   #40
boxrodz

Quote:
DONT KNOW WHAT ITS CALLED BUT BACK IN THE DAY INSTEAD OF PUTTING DPOPPED SPINDLES ON IT WE WOULD REPLACE THE STOCK BOLTS WITH LONGER ONES FOR THE UPPER CONTROL ARM...THEN SHIM IT OUT TILL ITS STRAIGHT....ILL HAVE TO FIND OUT HOW LONG THERE ARE ..WELL ASKED MY NEIGHBOR ALSO A OLD TRUCK GUY HE SAYS ITS A 1/2 X 4" GRADE 8 BOLT WITH HE SAID 13 OR 14 WASHERS THEN THE TIRE GUYS PUTS HORSHOE SHIMS TO STRAIGHTEN....DO IT THIS WAS BECAUSE THE DROP SPINDELS PUSH THE TIRE OUT TO FAR AND COULDNT PUT THE 10's ON IT IN THE DAY..HOPE THIS HELPS...
Talk 'bout old school.

75silver, if I follow you correctly, are you saying that your front drop comes strictly from the cut springs and you use longer bolts with spacers (washers) just to extend the UCA/shaft outward for alignment purposes? And, you don't plan on using dropped spindles on your front drop (because of the BS issues on the 10s)? (BTW, I believe offset shafts for the UCA are available, but probably not to that extent.) Do you feel that the strength of your set-up is ok? A couple of other questions, how's does the truck ride with that type of drop? Do you get any bumpsteer?

Those pics you posted are sweet.

Should look sweeter once you get it back from paint.

Last edited by boxrodz; 09-16-2005 at 03:03 AM.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:30 AM   #41
75silverstep
KEEP ON TRUCKIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxrodz
Talk 'bout old school.

75silver, if I follow you correctly, are you saying that your front drop comes strictly from the cut springs and you use longer bolts with spacers (washers) just to extend the UCA/shaft outward for alignment purposes? And, you don't plan on using dropped spindles on your front drop (because of the BS issues on the 10s)? (BTW, I believe offset shafts for the UCA are available, but probably not to that extent.) Do you feel that the strength of your set-up is ok? A couple of other questions, how's does the truck ride with that type of drop? Do you get any bumpsteer?

Those pics you posted are sweet.

Should look sweeter once you get it back from paint.
ive had it done that way since 1985 or soo no problems so far(crossed fingers)i didnt have flipkit on it b4 now..just deleafed sitting on stops anything will be better then that right...no i can stand on bumper jump up and down and alls good...no bumpsteer..might put air ride on front not sure yet ..oh and old tires were 265 50 15s x 10s these are 265 35 18s x9s will fit perfect under fender when i put the front down some more...thanks for questions..
Old 09-16-2005, 05:00 AM   #42
75silverstep
KEEP ON TRUCKIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroppedZ84
See, you didn't say earlier that you had drop spindles, you said STOCK spindles. OK, I understand about the drop spindles and the need for camber correction. Still, that's a LOW and SIIICK truck. How's the engine though? Since you're a 75, you don't have to smog it anymore, so, what's under that hood?
350 pretty hot cam ...looking for new manifold have performer with smog junk on it ..looking for something else...taking all smog off..yaaaaaaa...trying to find headers that are legal in cal....like the headman tork-step headers ..but they wont sale to cali.........have some picks of valve covers and air cleaner i will download later...for now with gas prices thats all i will do to motor.............would like the 572 haha...

Old 09-16-2005, 09:31 AM   #43
Ric83

Man, with all of these sweet pics, I think I am getting more anxious than you are to see it done. lol Keep on going.
Ric83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:59 PM   #44
truckinbean

Yeah I have the clear side markers too. I really like the way they look with the silver paint....they blend in very nicely. The only thing about them is you can see the orange bulb inside. I was thinking of getting some chome bulbs that turn orange when they're on, but just haven't got around to it.

On the pics, one of these days I'll borrow my girlfriend's camera (that I bought her) and post some pics. I'm also not sure how the whole getting it to the computer/resizing/posting process works, which is another reason I haven't yet.

Ben
Performer 1400 carb
Sanderson Headers/Dual 2 1/2" Flowmasters
truckinbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:44 PM   #45
boxrodz

Quote:
ive had it done that way since 1985 or soo no problems so far(crossed fingers)i didnt have flipkit on it b4 now..just deleafed sitting on stops anything will be better then that right...no i can stand on bumper jump up and down and alls good...no bumpsteer..might put air ride on front not sure yet ..oh and old tires were 265 50 15s x 10s these are 265 35 18s x9s will fit perfect under fender when i put the front down some more...thanks for questions..
Thank you for elaborating.

You have my vote for air.
(But, I wonder if you would then be better off with dropped spindles to maintain the geometry of the front suspension. - Just wondering/wandering.)

Dig your engine accessories. It's looking good.

Old 09-19-2005, 12:55 AM   #46
static22

75silverstep,

My truck is lowered just as you have mentioned. Has worked for me for about as long as have had yours done as well. Mine rides fine as well. What color silver are you using and from who. I've looked at several myself. Probably going with a PPG or Hot Hues (Dupont). Like the silver on the '04 Toyota 4Runner as well.

Is it me or does it get more nerve racking the closer you get to paint?
static22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:08 AM   #47
75silverstep
KEEP ON TRUCKIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by static22
75silverstep,

My truck is lowered just as you have mentioned. Has worked for me for about as long as have had yours done as well. Mine rides fine as well. What color silver are you using and from who. I've looked at several myself. Probably going with a PPG or Hot Hues (Dupont). Like the silver on the '04 Toyota 4Runner as well.

Is it me or does it get more nerve racking the closer you get to paint?
well i think house of color orion silver ...but also have some ppg colors of a lexus and dodge also......havnt seen the hot hues colors ...painter still hasnt shot samples for me yet....its killing me...........
Old 09-19-2005, 01:38 AM   #48
static22

75silverstep,

I'll have to check out the HOK silvers as well. Noticed the inside is already painted. Did you do it and if so did you use enamel or uerathane? Bet you didn't know you would wind up playing 20 questions when you joined did ya?
Old 09-19-2005, 03:13 AM   #49
75silverstep
KEEP ON TRUCKIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by static22
75silverstep,

I'll have to check out the HOK silvers as well. Noticed the inside is already painted. Did you do it and if so did you use enamel or uerathane? Bet you didn't know you would wind up playing 20 questions when you joined did ya?
the only part you can see that i tried to paint is in the picture of inside the one with the door in it...painted the inside of door...the dash part you see is original color..the part where newspaper is covering is painted with duplicolor silver (m) t170...its what i painted all the insaide trim pieces and dash and steering column with....hok orion silver heres one vehicle with it ..but im adding some flake to it...the house of color truck is the nissan...the mustang i like its a dupont silver of some kind and the truck with graphics is the guy painting mine its a honda silver im not going with that big of flake ...the questions are fine ...im asking a bunch myself...wish i woul've known about this forum long time ago....

Old 09-19-2005, 08:39 AM   #50
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

You might look at Volvo, and Lexus colors. They both have some very nice silver colors. The flake is very fine almost like a pearl, so it may not be what you are after.

The valve covers are trick. That brushed finish is going to go well with the silver. Are you going to brush finish everything else to match? That would really look killer with the silver...

BTW- What's the truck hiding behind yours in the shop? It looks like it has had a bit of custom work too...

Last edited by N2TRUX; 09-19-2005 at 08:40 AM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote