The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-28-2005, 12:41 PM   #1
cgrossl

How Much Do You Think That My Truck is Worth?

I am toying with the idea of selling my 85 Chevy and I am wondering how much it might bring. I have two other nice old Chevys and the 85 is my daily driver. With gas going up like it is, I am thinking about selling it and buying a car that is decent on gas.

Anyway, here are some details. You can see pics by clicking on the link in my signature. I have before and after pics. The truck has 133,000 miles on it and still has the original 305 and TH350C. It runs and drives great. It does smoke when you first start it though. Everything works like it should. It runs and drives good and it is very reliable. It has all new shocks, wheel bearings, ball joints, and exhaust. It is very clean underneath and has no rust. The A/C still has R12 in it and still works great. I did install an aftermarket stereo with all new speakers and I added a 10" sub behind the seat. I replaced all of the window rubber, window scrapers, door gaskets, brake light lenses, Door handles, etc. The paint is about a year old. It was stripped to the metal before it was repainted and I have pics documenting that and the rest of the restoration, as you can see. Since these pics were taken, I have repainted the wheels and installed NOS center caps (those were hard to find) and they look great. Interior has new carpet, new dashpad, new seat upholstrey. So, what do you guys think that this truck might bring?

Last edited by cgrossl; 09-28-2005 at 12:43 PM.
cgrossl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 02:00 PM   #2
bwright

I'd guess about $5,000 tops
bwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 02:00 PM   #3
squint

Nice truck... I'd keep it and drive that VW Bug in the shed..

heh
squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 02:11 PM   #4
cgrossl

The VW wasn't mine. I rebuilt the engine and installed it and the tranny for someone else.
cgrossl is offline   Reply With Quote