The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-18-2005, 09:29 PM   #1
67Fleet
Outlandish Trends - FL

cali style for Joe

Well, finally got the rear done, 1-1/2" blocks installed with longer u-bolts, new adjustable panhard bar, shock relocators, and a nice new pair of Doetsch Tech shocks. Oh, did I mention I got my wheels and tires mounted? I slapped those on too, but I'm gonna have to get adapters for the rear. Anyone that tells you 5.25" of backspacing is needed is full of $h!*.
More like 4.5" would be perfect. I'm not too keen on running spacers, but it's not gonna be driven all that often so it'll be ok. It'll be a couple weeks before I'm able to get the front down another 2 inches. Oh, here's some pics. Last one is my little helper. He's great at fetching tools.....

Cali style just for you Joe. I know it's your favorite.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:49 PM   #2
llegos

Re: cali style for Joe

that looks real clean...but i still dont fallow completely about the rim situation, but ill look more into it when i get there, and i might just go with a 5 lug.

That truck looks really awesome though, good work
Old 10-19-2005, 07:43 AM   #3
Joe67
67 is sold

Looks great
Level that thing out before I head down there and do it myself

Nice dobe

gr8lakes - My ebay auctions

Click here to order forum apparel :: Click here to become a subscribing member
Joe67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 08:00 AM   #4
67Fleet
Outlandish Trends - FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10step
Looks great
Level that thing out before I head down there and do it myself

Nice dobe
I'm kinda liking the stinkbug stance. May just leave it like that.
J/K, I'm leaving for Tennessee tonight so it won't be until next weekend that I get to work on getting the front down. In retrospect, I kinda wish I would have got some new poly bushings for the trailing arms while I had them halfway disconnected. Oh well, it doesn't look like it would be very hard to do it again. The air hammer was my best friend. Rusty U-bolts suck!! Left side came out easy, but the right side gave me fits. I was beating the tar outta the thing but it wouldnt budge. Had it soaking in penetrant for about 30 minutes and came back at it with the BFH, still no dice. Went and got chisel bits for my air hammer and it came right out. I used it also to chisel off the rivets holding the upper shock mounts on. Chisel point to cut the heads off and a bull point to pop the rest through the hole. Worked great. I'll get some better pics after I get back from Tenn. The ones above were at 10pm last night.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:29 AM   #5
Joe67
67 is sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Fleet
The air hammer was my best friend. Rusty U-bolts suck!!

Left side came out easy, but the right side gave me fits. I was beating the tar outta the thing but it wouldnt budge. Had it soaking in penetrant for about 30 minutes and came back at it with the BFH, still no dice. Went and got chisel bits for my air hammer and it came right out. I used it also to chisel off the rivets holding the upper shock mounts on. Chisel point to cut the heads off and a bull point to pop the rest through the hole. Worked great. I'll get some better pics after I get back from Tenn. The ones above were at 10pm last night.
Nice.
I was amazed how easily my '67 came apart. I only had to cut a couple of things, everything else came apart with some penetrant spray and the air tools

I love these trucks

gr8lakes - My ebay auctions

Click here to order forum apparel :: Click here to become a subscribing member
Joe67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:29 PM   #6
llegos

i have another question about this. If i get my rear axles "fixed" so they will fit the 6 lug rims off the newer trucks, the wheels can be rotated just fine, right? Also, do you think i would be able to run a disc brake setup from a newer 6 lug truck?