The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 12:47 PM   #1
70rs/ss

ripped off for $100 by Micky Miller

I am done with the guy, so maybe the board can help out. I bought some lowered springs from this guy for $75 and $25 shipping over three months ago. I paid the $25 for shipping thinking that I overpaid enough for insurance, delivery confirm etc, but no. He claims he is not responsible, but when I ship I always add some form of tracking in case it does get lost or whatever I can say here I sent it and you recieved it on this day, or at the very least I can prove it when out enough to allow the shipping co to look for it. He claims he mailed it out through USPS, but no insurance or delivery confirm. He claimed he had a reciept to confirm he sent it, but to date I have not seen it. I have contacted the post office and they are reluctantly willing to look into it, but I need the MYSTERY RECIEPT that I haven't seen yet. I have his addy and phone number as well as the number to the Sheriffs in Lake Placid, but not sure its worth it. I'll let the members decide what I should do or not. I have a ton of emails as well as copies of the cancelled check, so read on and you'll see one of the many correspondances from both and you decide who is crookin' who. By the way I might steer clear of this guy who claims he didn't know he should insure or delivery confirm and he has only been a member for 2yrs with 900+ posts, a mistake, you decide? Help me get my money or the lowered springs, because I have a hard time believing that the Post office lost a 40 lb box with coil springs in it behind the seat of their delivery vehicles.

11-22-2005, 09:11 PM
chevytruckfan
Feeding the addiction

Re: lowered rear coils

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs/ss
I have not recieved anything, and I have been forced to contact the post office for remedy. I sent you $100 and recieved nothing, that is fraud. Either I get the springs or my $100 back. I am in the process of filling the fraud papers, if I see the springs or the money prior to the papers being filed, I'll tear them up. I hate to do this, but I am out the money and that is not right.

Mike

1. I told you I have the receipt for this itemthat I will be happy to provide you a copy of showing the date of shipping, the $ amount of shipping that we agreed to, and the address you provided.

2. You did not indicate that you wanted shipping insurance, delivery confirmation, or tracking. Shipping was your responsibility.

3. I am not obligated to refund any money as I have meet all the requirements of our agreement. I have a receipt from te U.S. Post office showing the date that I shipped the item, to the address you provided, for the amount that week agrred to, on the date that I said I did. Anything that happens once the item leaves my possesion I am not liable for.

You are required by law to send me a copy of any court documents of any action that you have taken against me. In addition, I request that you send me a printed copy of all PM correspondence you sent to me specifically showing your ship to address dated prior to Nov. 7, 2005, so that I can verify it against my records the ship to address that you sent me, and that this error is not on your part in sending me the wrong shipping address.

You can fax all related documents to (863)699-9033 or by mail to my address so that I can consult my attorney.

If you send them by fax I need them prior to 12:00PM 23 Nov as I will be out of the office for the remainder of the week. If not send them by mail no later than the end of next week Friday Dec 2, 2005.

If I do not receive any correspondence with the items I have requested by the dates listed above. I will consider this matter closed and you hereby agree to take no further action against me. Otherwise, I will have no recourse but to assume that you have actually received the item and are lying to get all your money back and keep the item for free.

Finally, I will no longer accept messages concerning this matter though electronic means. Any correspondence must be in hardcopy with an original signature by fax or mail.

Signed
Mickey Miller
1947 Chevy Panel Truck (Under construction)
Old 01-06-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: ripped off for $100 by Micky Miller

If this was a board transaction I'd recommend deleting this thread and going through the admins for a resolution.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
Old 01-06-2006, 01:14 PM   #3
70rs/ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck
If this was a board transaction I'd recommend deleting this thread and going through the admins for a resolution.

Tried that. Josh responded and tried to help, but to no avail. This is somewhat of a warning/help thread. If I have posted in err, the Mods will set me straight.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:50 PM   #4
67chevemall

That sucks man! reason I stopped evil bay..
Too many nut cases out there...
Old 01-06-2006, 03:01 PM   #5
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Normally I dissalow posts liek this, but chevytruckfan has been uncooperative, refusing to show reciept etc. and being otherwise beligerant. I hope this will see some kind of resolution to the situation.

Josh
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Old 01-06-2006, 03:04 PM   #6
70rs/ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chevemall
That sucks man! reason I stopped evil bay..
Too many nut cases out there...

I have not had any issues on evilbay and have 240 positives, but the first time I buy on the board and I get a crook? I have sold on the board, but this is my first and last purchase unless from a vendor. No hard feelings with the board, I have met and chatted with many on the board and I am sure most are decent people, but in any given popular there are X# of thieves and dishonest people, we truely are not safe from people like this guy anywhere. Be careful and use paypal or money orders, because my bank can't do anything as he cashed the check. With paypal you can get your credit card company involved as well as Paypal and with money orders the post office doesn't like people using them to commit fraud. Oh well he will get his and I am sure $100 will not cover it. My buddy Earl says its all about CARMA (well Carson Daley said it first, then Earl made his list!!)
Old 01-06-2006, 03:34 PM   #7
Ole Blue 68

I had to do a lot of shipping in a previous job and I can say that the USPS (I also worked for them for a while) is not the choice to go with when any kind of tracking is required. They basically do not provide (or didn't up until 2 years ago) the level of tracking or service that UPS or Fedex does and if a package wasn't delivered, a trace of the package could take weeks. So he may have just gone with the wrong shipper as opposed to outright ripping you off but it sounds to me like he hasn't stepped up to the plate since then.

And I'm not knocking USPS.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:38 PM   #8
Mudder

I'm not even sure that USPS even tracks packages. They may look for it if you can get them to, but as far as tracking like UPS I'm not so sure.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:53 PM   #9
Bill72BB
Thats the Hillbilly way

The USPS ,does about the worst job of tracking , if you need somethig tracked I always use UPS or Fed Ex .
Also a 40lb package thru USPS would cost 35-40 to ship so that raises a RED Flag in this transaction to me .
Member Old Farts Club
72 3/4ton Custom Camper BB402/400 trans Dynomax Cerama-coat headers , Hei distributor ,Edelbrock 1411 air,ps,pb,leafsprings ,98 chevy 60/40 seat,S10 shoulder belts
tilt,3.54 Dana 60 rear. 16" Eagle wheels with LT265/75 16 tires,Gaylord Lid,H4 headlights with 100W relay conversion.

" If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself "
Marriage changes passion...suddenly you're in bed with a relative. A GUY'S PRAYER....

Lord, I pray for a nympho with huge boobs who owns a liquor store and likes to fish and hunt and has a Harley .Amen ,
Old 01-06-2006, 03:53 PM   #10
70rs/ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
Normally I dissalow posts liek this, but chevytruckfan has been uncooperative, refusing to show reciept etc. and being otherwise beligerant. I hope this will see some kind of resolution to the situation.

Josh

Thanks Josh, and I appreciate the help from you and know that I do not think this is a reflection of the board. I love this place, this guy is no reflection on 99.99% of the members either, he is on of those kinds that give honest folks trouble and a bad name. As far as tracking goes, USPS does not track persay, but they do have delivery confirm and ins. He chose the shipper. Had it have been me, I would have used FEDEX, they ins for $100 for the shipping fee and you can add on from there. He has not provided any proof that it was shipped other than saying he did and that he has a receipt. If I sent something like this and it got lost and I didn't insure or track, I'd at least refund 50% to try and be fair, but this guy thinks he's an attorney or something. Anyways, anybody in FL want to stop by and say hi for me !
Old 01-06-2006, 03:56 PM   #11
70rs/ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill72BB
Also a 40lb package thru USPS would cost 35-40 to ship so that raises a RED Flag in this transaction to me .

Hence my initial concern after about two weeks with nothing. I though FEDEX would ship for that, but USPS? Then I thought the cheap-o might have sent it third class thus making the delivery time 7-10 days, but as you can see three plus months and nothing.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:34 PM   #12
Putter
More Cowbell....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey "Money Maker" Miller
You are required by law to send me a copy of any court documents of any action that you have taken against me. In addition, I request that you send me a printed copy of all PM correspondence you sent to me specifically showing your ship to address dated prior to Nov. 7, 2005, so that I can verify it against my records the ship to address that you sent me, and that this error is not on your part in sending me the wrong shipping address.

You can fax all related documents to (863)699-9033 or by mail to my address so that I can consult my attorney.

If I do not receive any correspondence with the items I have requested by the dates listed above. I will consider this matter closed and you hereby agree to take no further action against me. Otherwise, I will have no recourse but to assume that you have actually received the item and are lying to get all your money back and keep the item for free.

Finally, I will no longer accept messages concerning this matter though electronic means. Any correspondence must be in hardcopy with an original signature by fax or mail.

Signed
Mickey Miller
I love that part....it sounds so "official". Sounds like that situation over on the Pirate site with Charlie Wenzle...or whatever his name was.

The unwillingness to at least ASSIST in locating the item raises a red flag to me (Or yellow....cause that is all I had)

And as for the USPS I ship EVERYTHING FedEx...it costs WAY less, and I can track it everyday.
Hope you don't get your shoes messy when you let your foot loose in this guy's backside!!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 06:40 PM   #13
BigMike

I feel your pain, I do a lot of ebay transactions and you always get one that should not even be allowed to own a computer. I ship everything under 2lbs via UPSP. Everything above I send UPS (up to about 20lbs). All of the oversize stuff I send through Fed Ex or DHL, much better rates. I highly doubt that he could have even sent a 40lb package through USPS parcel post for $25....What a bummer.

I had a bad buying experience my first time here as well, I received the part, but it needed 6 hours of work to get it in the condition it was supposed to be in to begin with . I just finally moved on, no longer worth dwelling over (it was $75)

Hang in there, what comes around goes around . I also thought it was funny the way he got all high and mighty with the phoney legal mumbo jumbo. He must have an Uncle who is a paralegal or something, or he watches WAY too much Judge Judy

I hope it works out for you,

Mike
Old 01-06-2006, 06:50 PM   #14
shifty
Questionable

Be careful, you don't want to be the next Wenzel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wenzeled

This thread could very well be the thing to permanently ruin someone's career.

I mean, then again, our USPS usually requires that they write a description of the items in teh box along with the weight on the receipt and they keep this documented.

Just a suggestion - but If you want to clear your name, I'd cough up some proof of shipping/weight/package contents quick and provide everyone else here publicly with proof of this stuff, and give a phone number and person for people to confirm the validity of the proof provided, this would be a good way to really show who is the jerk trying to rip someone off.

Basically after reading all of the comments above, everyone is led to believe that Mickey is not cooperating here and hasn't provided sufficient (any) evidence that this stuff shipped (like what I stated in the last paragraph), so he's the guy looking like the scammer at this point.

It doesn't really matter if he doesn't care. Threads like this get around on the internet and will bite you in the ass in due time...just look at the Wenzel guy from Pirate4x4. I've seen the same thing happen to three well known people at LS1tech as well. It's not that hard for you to get screwed.

Mickey, I don't know you, but personally I'd cooperate and clear your name publicly.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 01-08-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:59 PM   #15
70rs/ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty
Be careful, you don't want to be the next Wenzel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wenzeled

This thread could very well be the thing to permanently ruin someone's career.

I mean, then again, our USPS usually requires that they write a description of the items in teh box along with the weight on the receipt and they keep this documented.

Just a suggestion - but If you want to clear your name, I'd cough up some proof of shipping/weight/package contents quick and provide everyone else here publicly with proof of this stuff, and give a phone number and person for people to confirm the validity of the proof provided, this would be a good way to really show who is the jerk trying to rip someone off.

Basically 70rs/ss, after reading all of the comments above, everyone is led to believe that you're not cooperating here and haven't provided sufficient evidence that this stuff shipped (like what I stated in the last paragraph), so you're the guy looking like the scammer at this point.

It doesn't really matter if you don't care. Threads like this get around on the internet and will bite you in the ass in due time...just look at the Wenzel guy from Pirate4x4. I've seen the same thing happen to three well known people at LS1tech as well. It's not that hard for you to get screwed.

I'd personally cooperate and clear your name publicly.

SHIFTY,

You might want to go back and reread, I (70rs/ss) posted this because I GOT SCREWED by chevytruckfan, not the other way around. I am the one that lost the $100 and I am the one that Micky Miller refuses to provide the proof of shipping to. I faxed all of his requests to number he provided so he talk with his Lawer? Not sure what that was about, anyways I sent all of his requested info, yet he has not sent me a copy of the reciept proving he sent it. I live in a very small comunity and can provide the phone number to the local PO and the workers can varify I never recieved a box (they would have had to hand it to me, which never happened because the box never showed)I have all of his information, but I am not encouraging that anybody wenzle him, just letting it be known publicly that Micky Miller aka chevytruckfan is not honest nor trust worthy.

Last edited by 70rs/ss; 01-06-2006 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:55 PM   #16
Long Roof
Old School, New Style

I don't think there is any way he could have sent a 40lb package by USPS for 25 dollars. If this can't be done then he probably didn't send it. He doesn't sound like the kind of guy who would throw in the extra cash to ship it.

Sorry that you got took.

Aaron
- 96 Chevy Impala SS - mainly stock
- 98 Chevy Tahoe LT 4x4 - all stock
The Bad:
- 86 Chevy Suburban 1/2T 4x4 - winter beater
The Ugly:
- 72 Chevy Suburban 1/2T 2wd - parts truck
Old 01-06-2006, 10:09 PM   #17
BigMike

70rs/ss,

I think that SHIFTY just made an honest mistake about the name swap, I think he is on board with the rest of us.

BTW, I would not have given him any more of the information UNTIL he coughs up a receipt of some sort, the ball is definetely in his court.

Mike
Old 01-06-2006, 10:27 PM   #18
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

USPS shipping sucks,I sent a book to my F-I-L in Nov.Maybe some day he will get it but I'm not holding my breath.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
Old 01-07-2006, 09:00 AM   #19
byrd
Union Electrician

Just for a clarification, rear springs only wiegh about 25 lbs or less. boxed and ready to go, so the $25 shipping is not out of line, and they will fit into a flat rate box(up to 70 lbs same price), for $7.70 anywhere in the cont 48. Let's not bash USPS , I have used them almost exclusively and without incident( over 600 transactions over the last 3 years). Fed-ex, DHL all have damaged my products. I use UPS for the heavy stuff, Fed-ex, DHL are like the Walmart of shipping, they do the same job for LESS because they pay their people WAY LESS and usually NO BENE's either. I would rather put my money into a company that takes care of its employees, and at least UPS and USPS can speak English, can't say that for DHL. My .02 Randy
Zip:40272
Big Sandy Survivor...

Quote:
We cannot choose the way we die, but we can choose the way we live
Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
Quote:
I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors
Old 01-07-2006, 09:39 AM   #20
jamis
F.A.S.T. president

Every time I get stuff USPS it either takes 3 times longer then UPS or it gets lost. I had some parts shipped to me from only a 2 hour drive away from home and it took USPS 2 weeks to get it to me. Last November they lost a package and the company I ordered it from had to replace the order. USPS needs to stop complaining about losing business to other couriers when its there own fault. There package handling skills and the lack of tracking is there own downfall.

"A fear of the Sawsall is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ~Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"
Old 01-07-2006, 11:22 AM   #21
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Honestly, and this is my opinion, not reflecting as anything else... I would advise you to call the police and let them handle it at this point. We have had several members in the past, that when deals went bad and we could not get them satisfaction, used this method. The police have always been willing to help and the people usually end up giving you your parts or money when an officer knocks on their door, and or they get threatened with an arrest.. I hate it for you, and well if he is not willing to work with us at all... and seeing his responces I can say he is not... fk em call the police let them talk to him, him, his lawyer etc dont have sh!t to stand on..
Old 01-07-2006, 11:28 AM   #22
redneckdds

IV. Pure trolling, either to upset someone or simply for your personal
enjoyment, is strictly prohibited. If you're here to cause trouble, it will be a very short stay. Immediate BAN and you will be reported to your ISP.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...nt.php?f=3&a=9

Last edited by Liz; 01-07-2006 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Please re read the forum rules before posting again.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:23 PM   #23
SassyChevyGirl
Account Suspended

Sorry to hear bout this. It really sux... but please dont just assume all board members here are this way. Ive had some dealings with board members here and they have been great!! And very understanding when a honest mistake is made.

as for shiftys comment .. im sure that was an honest mistake there.. his comments were directed towards the seller .. not the buyer! ease up a lil guys :P

I agree with Liz .. let the police handle it.. its amazing what can be accomplished when the police arrive at their door. Obviously the nice way isnt getting you anywhere!
Old 01-07-2006, 02:43 PM   #24
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by big.mike
I think that SHIFTY just made an honest mistake about the name swap, I think he is on board with the rest of us.
big mike nailed it dead-on.

70rs/ss, i sincerely apologize. yesterday was a rough day between emptying my garage of all of my old truck parts and trying to beat the living crapola out of the people at UPS who screwed me over for the third time on priority shipments this month

BOYCOTT UPS AND THE USPS!

I hope this guy comes clean. What an ass of a situtation. If he's ripping you off, I hope he gets Wenzeled.

BTW, I would not have given him any more of the information UNTIL he coughs up a receipt of some sort, the ball is definetely in his court.

Mike[/QUOTE]

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:44 PM   #25
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckdds
Shifty.... easy there devils advocate.... your probably pro gay marriage too
What the hell is this supposed to mean?

How I am supposed to respond to that? Are you some kind of idiotic homophobe? I suppose you think slavery should still be around too, right?

Jerk.

If you don't know me or aren't intelligent enough to see what I wrote was a simple name swap (the content of the post should tell you that, why would I ask 70rs/ss to show a USPS receipt?!), I personally don't want to read your unintelligent, smart-aleck responses.

PS - it's YOU'RE, not YOUR. If you can't speak and write the language of your native country properly, go back to school and stop knocking me over a typo.

Last edited by shifty; 01-07-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Closed Thread