The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-14-2006, 09:57 AM   #1
jdmaffeo

Same old questions...

I have searched and read many different topics on the forum regarding lowering our trucks. I am at a loss as to which way to go. I definitely like the lowered look. But can I make it a daily driver? Mayby you all can help me choose a direction to go. I have made some measurements of the rear fenders of my truck and the cab to the ground. I can't measure the front because the fenders are not on the truck right now. If I do the flip kit and c-notch (6 inch drop) I will have about 1 inch or the rear tire tucked in the rear fender (see picture). If I do the 2.5 or 3 inch spindles and a 1 inch spring in the front I don't know how much I will tuck if any at all. I don't want to have any tire or rim issues right now.

How do these trucks ride with a 4/6 drop? Would I be better off doing the 2.5/4 drop? I have never been in one of these trucks while they drive, not even my own yet, so I have nothing to compare it to. Let me know what you all think!
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2006, 10:12 AM   #2
67Fleet
Outlandish Trends - FL

Re: Same old questions...

A 4/6 for that body style truck is plenty streetable for a daily driver.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:08 PM   #3
XXL
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Fleet
A 4/6 for that body style truck is plenty streetable for a daily driver.
'cept you'll probably need a different wheel offset from looking at the picture you posted. BTW, I "lowered" your truck already over in the pshop forum. IIRC, I got a good 10" out of the rear with no clearance issues whatsoever
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:26 PM   #4
jdmaffeo

Thanks for the replies! And thanks for the picture XXL & IIRC!

I'm like everone else here, addicted, and I just want to do it right the first time and not mess it up! I have seen so many pictures and looked at the different setups that others are running. It gets confusing when 2 different trucks might be running the same amout of drop but look different. I don't want to drop it and have to go back and re-do something. I'm leaning towards the static drop just because of the $$ and I don't want to lose any reliability. I've never even driven this truck on the streets yet, but I want to complete the suspension first so that I can just enjoy! I'll keep you all posted as to the progress!