The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #1
roughedup72

Has anybody got pics of there edelbrock setup with linkage and cables??

Hey yall, I would like to see pics of your edelbrock set up. I am trying to see the different types of throttle cable and kick down cable brackets. If that makes any sense or if yall can make sense of it Please post up. I am trying to find the best setup for the best price. I have a Edelbrock 600cfm 1405 on a Edl.Performer intake. on my 350. Thanks in advance.
1972 chevy cheyenne 10,nothing special at the moment,Its a work in progress, Working on the engine, paint and body,engine, paint and body,now its the suspenion, ahh hell I'm about tired of working on it. Maybe it will be a rat rod.
roughedup72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
mrein3

Re: Has anybody got pics of there edelbrock setup with linkage and cables??

My truck has a throttle rod. To see close-ups I posted of my edelbrock linkage a while back follow this link:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...60#post1567060

The kick-down bracket isn't pictured real well but that is an Edelbrock piece too. I believe ANY 4bbl kick-down bracket, car or truck, will work. All I had was 2bbl brackets so I had to buy new. The Edelbrock piece is fully adjustable so it probably fits both 2bbl and 4bbl set-ups. I used the throttle cable hole in that bracket for my aftermarket cruise control. There are probably kick-down brackets in the yard I used to frequent but as soon as the guy knew I was buying stuff for 67-72 trucks, the prices went up. Prick.
Center City, MN
mrein3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:28 PM   #3
matthufham

i don't have a kickdown but same carb and manifold.
matthufham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:50 AM   #4
roughedup72

Thanks for the pics. is there anymore members that would like to post up. I have the stock cables for the accellerator and kick down.
1972 chevy cheyenne 10,nothing special at the moment,Its a work in progress, Working on the engine, paint and body,engine, paint and body,now its the suspenion, ahh hell I'm about tired of working on it. Maybe it will be a rat rod.
roughedup72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:28 PM   #5
MISTERSHOTGUN

Here is a few pics I just now took em for ya. It is filthy but you get the idea. I have the edelbrock performer series carb with edelbrock airgap intake. The intake it permastar finished and for linkers... I went with lokar. Not really cheap but man they look awesome. I also have a correction plate for the 700 r4 t.v. It all ties in well together with lokar shifters and pedals.
Attached Images

MISTERSHOTGUN is offline   Reply With Quote