The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-18-2002, 12:19 AM   #1
matt_field

junk yards make a guy mad!

went to a yard today looking for subaru and chevy parts, first of all i pull up to see a old longhorn box, and cab thinking WOW this guy might have some old trucks well i walk in there. ask him what he has. he says " ohh no old chevys are forsale or any of there parts, same with the subarus". i was thinking what the hell your a junk yard right. Well i walk back there and he had AT LEAST 10 67-72 chevys and gmc trucks found a super nice gas cap for my 67 that had " non vented" on it or somthing but looked real cool. im going back there tomorrow to pocket it and put my ugly one on it... the guy is just terrible not wanting to sell ONE thing from anything how many else have this problem? he claims hes gonna fix them all up one day. just pisses me off
1968 4wd shortbox
1971 Cheyenne swb k10 unrestored
1971 Cheyenne super 40k 402bb survivor
1967 Chevy k10 (first truck)
1968 L78 camaro survivor 18k miles
1969 z28 survivor 60k miles
1969 z28 survivor 39k miles
1969 z28 rs survivor 80k miles
matt_field is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 01:43 AM   #2
munkjeep

Angry

He won't sell you any parts, so that makes it ok for you to steal a gas cap, what kind of logic is that? It is his stuff, if he does not want to sell something, that is his right. I guess if a date does not put out, you just take it anyway.
munkjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 04:14 AM   #3
OhioDan

Maybe in the past he's dealt with someone else who had an attitude like yours? (Don't buy nothing, just rip it off instead) So now he would'nt sell anything if ya gave him a $1,000 for it? Just my $.02

LIFE AIN'T EASY WHEN YER FAT AND GREASY!
GMC= Got More Class!
1970 GMC LWB, Fleetside, 350/4spd, Flowmaster "40's", 2002 GMC 16" Rallies, cowl hood,and added a bunch of options that weren't there when I started.
OhioDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 08:41 AM   #4
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

no means no.......its better to respect the mans wishes, not worth getting your @ss into trouble over a $2 item
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 10:59 AM   #5
whateva

I guess the point is: HE OWNS THEM AND CAN DO WHAT HE WANTS WITH THEM.

Just because you want it and can't have it, does not give you the right to take it.

If someone took that aproach with something you owned, you sure would be pissed.
whateva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 11:36 AM   #6
Xzavior240

sorry but had to answer this one. I walked into the junk yard here a few months ago. we started looking around. it wasnt set into and rows or brands like the good yards but none the less its still a juck yard. while we were looking around we came across 3 1970 camaros. numerous 70's model firebirds.a few stangs. a 1970 chevelle complete, and numerous trucks and other assorted cars. we tried and tried to get the guy to sell them. the only answer we got was no. know what? theyre still there every part that was on them when we looked. if I used the same logic Id have a few muscle cars sitting in my yard. you know why theyre not? Because if I have to steal it I dont want it. appearently most of the people on this site feel the same way. whats really sad is the guy sent some of them to the car crusher. guess we could build a muscle car brick wall.
89 plymouth reliant (daily driver)
86 thunderbird sitting in the weeds almost covered (anyone need parts?)

WWW.xschunkofthenet.freeservers.com
nothing there I promise
" tell me I'm a sinner I got news for you. I spoke to god this morning and he dont like you" OZZY
Xzavior240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 11:49 AM   #7
meathead95
computer illiterate

Thieves suck period. My house just got broken into last week. all they took was little stupid **** but it still makes them thieves. and I would have them put in jail for it.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:00 PM   #8
Reumster
L.E.D. Freak

I know what you mean, most people that work there act like your a dumb ass, and act like they know everything about cars.

Just the last time I went to one to pick up a 67/68 front parking light lense for LED insert measurements, I asked "you have any 67/68 Chevy truck or Subs out there?" He went to his computer and said which year" I said 67/or 68 he said well witch one do you have? I said neather. Then he goes on to try to tell me that the 67/68 are different. Finally I just told him lets take a walk. 5 minutes later I walked away with a Lense!
(406)675-8082
or Joel @ jmcwaters@eps-corp.net

1972 2wd Blazer, 350/700R4/3:73 posi, err & Custom L.E.D. inserts! LOL
Reumster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 12:46 PM   #9
67 CHEV MAN

I've had many a person tell me no about a part or a vehicle, or they try to b*!!s##t me about how rare it is to justify their high@ss price. I don't quabble with them to prove them wrong, I thank you for their time and letting me look around. Some times I go back much later to see if another person is there or if they decided that the item isn't made of platinum.Either way its okay because theres usually another one around. Theres more of challenge in it to find another at a cheaper price, of which I usually do. Its all a game..... just need to play fair, more satisfaction that way... just my view....
Old 10-18-2002, 06:35 PM   #10
neonlarry

I agree if someone says the don't want to sell it because they want to fix it up someday, whether or not they ever do it is their business. What makes me mad is when someone wants to sell a car for way too much when they are just going to crush it otherwise. (like pick and pull)
neonlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 06:35 PM   #11
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

When I ask about any parts if the price is to high, I just smile and walk away and find better parts and prices elsewhere. Don't argue about it, it's not worth the hassle.
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 08:46 PM   #12
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

People that refuse to sell parts, yet a few days later crush the vehicle instead, are IDIOTS!

That makes no sense to me at all!

I personally will almost NEVER deal with your regular run of the mill junkyard, where you tell the dude at the front counter what you would like, they get it, and screw you on the price!!

I prefer the pick your part type junkyard, where prices seem more decent (of course we all know why - you're supplying the arm grease) and sometimes you can get away with free parts!! (not stealing them, but STUMPING them, so they have no idea whatsoever of what the hell you just brought them!)
Old 10-18-2002, 09:12 PM   #13
68 Stepside
huh?

I would have given you a 67 gas cap for free....it isn't perfect...but it woulda been free.....your loss, stealing is stupid and pointless. I went to a j/y once, looking for a front end for my camaro. I didn't find it, but I did find the defroster vents I was looking for. When I finished, I asked the guy what he wanted for them, and he just gave them to me. Sure, I could have stolen them for the same amount, but I have a conscience. It surprises me that more and more people seem to think it's alright to rip others off....geez....

TJ
Things we said today.

RIP El Jay
68 Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 09:18 PM   #14
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Well said TJ. It amazes me how many people think its ok to swipe small things. Yet are upset when there stuff is stolen. I am not perfect and do mess up sometimes, but stealing is stealing, whether its a piece of gum or someones truck.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 04:12 PM   #15
Jwill41

so Matt, what about that? I bet you weren't expecting these type responses, huh?

67 1/2 ton GMC short step side
68 1/2 ton Chevy long fleet side
72 1/2 ton Chevy Suburban
99 1/2 ton Chevy Suburban

founder (and only member) of the primer/clearcoat club
Jwill41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 05:07 PM   #16
bigjimzlll

you know what they do to THIEVES in the middle east....chop their fricking stealing hands off

click the clicky to join the site....
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

67 lwb..first hotrod in 25 years..540 best ET is 9.45 @ 141.44
Anderson,CA
bigjimzlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 05:59 PM   #17
Truck Hippy

Hey. Just yesterday i tried to go to a few junk yards. Most of the ones i went to didn't any older stuff left but the last one i went to did have some older stuff. I asked the guy if i could look around and he asked what are you looking for. I said 74-back gm cars trucks. He said he was sorry but he had a problem with people stealing and now no one was aloud to go walking around. So i couldn't look. Now i can't stand there and tell the guy every little piece i would be interested in but if i can look around i might see something. Well any way i had to leave empty handed. I will do with out before i would steal.
Truck Hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 07:25 PM   #18
mikep
Used to have a truck

Our local yard has upwards of 20 67-72's many that are complete and a lot of others back to 51 . Hundreds of trucks. You could spend days going through them. I dont steal ANYTHING out of there but then again if I walked up to the counter with anything smaller than a headlight bucket the guy points at the door and says " have a nice day " . I love that place!

BTW 67 and 68 front turn signal bases ARE different. Different wiring plugs that go into the radiator support. Maybe thats what he thought he meant.