The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-06-2006, 11:55 AM   #1
Draggn66
Wrenchin & Sandin!!!

A/C controller mounting bracket

Does anyone have a pic of one or know where I can get one? I've been told I need one to mount an A/C controller into my non-air cab. I bought my VintageAir kit at Yogi's and they didn't know what I was talking about. I just got off the phone with Roy at Vintage Air and he didn't know what I was talking about. Am I wrong here? Just trying to have everything I need before I start the install.

My Favorite eBay Searches

My Driver Restore Thread
1971 C10 Longbed
2005 Silverado Shortbed
2005 FXDWG
Draggn66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:06 PM   #2
Aarons72s

Re: A/C controller mounting bracket

I know what your talking about it is a cheassy stamp steel bracket that screws to the A/C control panel that allows the control panel to be screwed to the dash. I dont think they make them any more. I think your only hope is to find one used. I wish that someone would make one out of billet. The reason I call them cheasy is that over time the metal seems to bend and the control panel seems to slowly drop into the dash. Every truck that I worked on with a/c when I worked on the panel would have to bend the bracket back to Its original shape.
Aaron
Aarons72s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:32 PM   #3
see ten
WTB this ad

Ok dude, just for you I went and opened up my safe and found my bag O receipts. Vintage Air does sell the bracket, and yes you will need it. As of 2/1/05 the part # was 65125-lcb the description is 67-72 CH P-UP F/AC CTRL PLN BR . They charged all of $4 for this wonderful little item! This should set you on your way. On a side note, if you bought new factory air controls you are also going to need the fan speed switch. You would think this would be part of the controls but you have to order it seperate. I'm sure the gentleman you spoke with at V/A just wasn't familiar with this application. They are a top notch outfit!
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:53 PM   #4
Aarons72s

Cool see ten. Alright I have to amke an observation, why do none of the vendors carry this part. I have catalogs for several and even checked some of the board vendors out. Don't need one right now but will in the future plus I probably would have ordered them instead of trying to "repair" the old ones.
Aaron
Aarons72s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 12:02 AM   #5
Draggn66
Wrenchin & Sandin!!!

Once again thanks See Ten! I did get a new controller but was had already ben warned that the switch wasn't part of it. Don't understand that but oh well. Should be good to go now. Thanks again

My Favorite eBay Searches

My Driver Restore Thread
1971 C10 Longbed
2005 Silverado Shortbed
2005 FXDWG
Draggn66 is offline   Reply With Quote