The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-08-2007, 10:57 PM   #1
70stroker

four link

I have been looking at the site here and everyone bags there trucks it seems like. I have a swb that i would like the bag eventualy. as of now tho i have a 70 gmc long bed i would like to four ling with coilovers so i can fit wider tires and hook better at the track. Or anyother ideas. is it possible to swap in the trailing arm design of the chevy trucks and hook with aot of power. right now i just have leafs. thanks in advance.

70stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:09 PM   #2
yourgrool
67-72

Re: four link

4 link would be the way to go if your looking at racing this alot and if you are handy with a welder, because there arnt any bolt in kits for our trucks yet. But you can swap your leaf spring suspension for the trailing arm suspension. The factory suspension hooks up very well and you can even swap out stock springs for coilovers. CPP makes a kit for that. My cousin is running 11's with about 600 horsepower with the trailing arm suspension with just drop springs, and he never has had any problems hooking up.
yourgrool is offline   Reply With Quote