The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-22-2007, 05:30 PM   #51
shifty
Questionable

Re: Which spray-in bedliner?

It's cool, I accept your apology. Just wanted to point out what I was talking about so you would know where I was coming from. It looked like you didn't realize or believe you made any of those statements.

I was not trying to argue. Simply pointing out what I'm talking about.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:29 PM   #52
BUDDY
Global warming is a myth

Talking Re: Which spray-in bedliner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agronomya View Post
I called around here and there are three types, the Ultimate Liner, Reflex and PolyTech. The ultimate and poly are about $350 while the reflex runs about $450. The guy I talked to said the Reflex was better than the ultimate (same dealer). I then called the body shop I plan to use one day when I have the money and they told me the best they've seen have been the PolyTech so I'm kinda torn. If you guys have any input on any of these let me know. I won't be doing this for a month or two after some paychecks roll in so I'll let you know what I decide on and post some pics.

AA
I lived in Lubbock while I was at TTU & worked at Accessory Depot. They spray in the Perma-Tech bedliners & that's what I have in my blazer. I love it!! It's a very tough, high polyurea, color-match-able, smooth or high texture, non-slip, UV-stable bedliner. Works beautifully. I've had mine in my K5 for over 6 years & it still looks new. Of course it doesn't see the same kind of loads that a truck bedliner probably would, but when I worked there the farmers around town would have their new 1-ton farm trucks brought over to the shop straight from the dealership so we could spray them before they even took them home. AAMOF, the dealerships would send them to us & let us install all of the "ranch-hand" type bumpers, fifth wheel hitches, brake controllers, bed-liners, etc. as "dealer options" that the farmers & ranchers would just roll into their financing for the trucks. We also, sprayed liners into horse trailers, enclosed trailers, flatbed trailers, not to mention jeeps, blazers, whatever. They are meticulous with the prep & the liner just doesn't come off very easily. I don't think any of the spray-on types do personally. We had to peel, grind, stratch off a rhino that a guy wasn't very happy with, that sucked!

We actually had a guy come in one time to show us a tear in his bed from dropping a steel beam into it at an angle. ripped right through the bed, but the liner still held on. I think he came back about a year or so afterwards & showed us it again. Still looked fine, no peeling or nothing.

So besides all of that salesmanship, the people that run that shop are wonderful!! I actually got close enough to them that I would go to Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner at their houses when I didn't go home from school. Kim & Mike are the co-owners, they are brothers, & Debra is the cashier/counter person, she's their sister. They'll do just about anything that you'd want them to, but they specialize in bolt-on type accessories. Thus the name, Accessory Depot. Salt of the earth. If/when I ever get back into Lubbock I always stop in to say hi. They are great people.

Tell them that Cliff Mitchell sent you.

Later,
Buddy
2003 Discovery SE7 - Wife's
BUDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:25 PM   #53
agronomya

Re: Which spray-in bedliner?

Buddy,

It sure is nice to see a fellow red raider on here. I'm still going as I made a not smart decision to stay and get my masters.
Thanks for the info on them. I actually didn't call them when I called around. I guess they don't advertise in the AT&T book so I totally forgot about them. I'll go by or call and see what their liner will run me.
Thanks for the info and let me know if you ever some into town and we'll meet up and grab a beer.

AA

1969 Chevy LWB-SDPC 350, TH400, old farm truck
http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/agronomya/

2006 Nissan Altima-For my 2000 miles a month
agronomya is offline   Reply With Quote