The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-27-2002, 01:11 PM   #1
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

my christmas list

TRUCK STUFF
https://www.sporttruckdirect.com/orders.html

-- Chevy C10 / GMC C15 2.5" Dropped Spindles: 73-87(1" rotors): $209.95

-- Chevy/GMC Smooth-Rider 1.5" Front Drop Coils: Chev/GMC C10 ('63-'87): $119.95

-- 73-98 GM 1/2-ton C-Sections: $89.95

-- 73-87 1 - 2" adjustable shackles: $39.95

-- Doetsch Tech Nitro-Slammer Shocks (for a 4"/6" drop): $159.80

OTHER STUFF

Resident Evil 0 (for gamecube): $49.95

anything you guys are wanting for your trucks for christmas?
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 01:29 PM   #2
PHOENIX

Yes but I wont get any of them

No one will buy me truck parts!

At Christmas time we all make a list with a bunch of stuff on them and pass them around. That way everyone knows what everyone else wants and can pick something they know that person will be happy with. I was told not to put truck parts on the list cause they wont get them So I put down stuff for around the house and some tools. Ill probly get a big comforter and some towels. Its good though I need them and if I had money I probly wouldnt buy blanket and towels
Old 11-27-2002, 01:41 PM   #3
Tom
driving is in my blood

[4] 255/60/15 tires
[2] new front fenders
[1] box of condoms
and some of that stuff I used to eat all the time back in the day.......what was that again? O yeah!
-CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, and standup skis
DISCLAIMER: I cant spell for the life of me.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 01:41 PM   #4
BigRed

Hey, I'm actually getting what I want for christmas. MONEY. A rebuilt tranny is going to be my present. Everyone's giving me the money probably so they won't have to hear me b1tch and whine when the thing goes out. Oh, and hopefully getting a digital camera also so I can share pics of my work in progress.

Good luck with your gifts!!!

PS. Eric, what's with all the empty lines on your post?
Old 11-27-2002, 01:48 PM   #5
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

Quote:
Originally posted by BigRed

PS. Eric, what's with all the empty lines on your post?

i dont know:p
Old 11-27-2002, 01:56 PM   #6
bigblock73
yeller

I am asking for a full set of Ultra Light gauges and the Painless wiring harness for them.

I am lucky, my family and friends WILL buy me truck parts...as long as I give them phone and part numbers!

-Jeff
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 02:08 PM   #7
BigRed

Quote:
Originally posted by bigblock73
I am asking for a full set of Ultra Light gauges and the Painless wiring harness for them.
That's funny, because that's exactly what I WAS going to ask for before I realized my tranny was dying on me. Oh well, my time will come too. Make sure you give whoever is getting them for you the Summit discount code.
Old 11-27-2002, 02:33 PM   #8
PHOENIX

Hey Tom I can see it now. You go out in the morning to see whats under the tree and what do you see?

Tires and fenders surrounding the tree w/ a box of condoms on the floor signed love mom

I would like to see a picture of that Christmas tree with gifts around it.

Jeff, which ones are you going to get? Black, Silver, or White?

Bigred, money is always good! I hope I get some money too.

Ocbaud, how much of that do you think you will get? Do you think you have a good chance of getting it all?
Old 11-27-2002, 03:16 PM   #9
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

Quote:
Originally posted by PHOENIX

Ocbaud, how much of that do you think you will get? Do you think you have a good chance of getting it all?
i'm hoping for it all, but if not, then hopefully the spindles and coils. i already have a 5" flip kit and shock extenders, so i can use my stock shocks for now. and i dont NEED the c notch for only 5"
Old 11-27-2002, 03:57 PM   #10
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

my christmas list....hmmmm....

Well What I really want is somewhat of an impossiblity at this point.....
MY wish is for my wife to become the woman that I married and tell me that she is not going to get a divorce from me. Tell me that she loves me and she was just not thinking clearly. To tell me that no matter what she will always be by my side and never leave no matter what may come up in this funked up world.

For her to say to me...call the realtor and tell her we are not selling...and to go out and mangle the sign in the front yard. For her to kiss me lovingly and not want to let go.

To have her tell me that she is not going to take my son with her so that my limited time with him is going to be limited even further since i work messed up hours.

But if none of that is possible... I just hope and pray that God can make the pain inside my burning heart go away as this is the worst time in my life and just keeps on getting worse.

.....yeah.....that about sums it all up.

.....sorry to burden you all and ruin your what was a fun post...but this is all I want for Xmas....nothing less...nothing more.

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 04:18 PM   #11
love it loud
Calibration Engineer

that was so sweet.. how can someone read that post and not give u another chance..
love it loud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 04:20 PM   #12
BigRed

Ouch! Makes my Christmas list look like small and menial. Good luck Dave!!!
Old 11-27-2002, 05:13 PM   #13
bigblock73
yeller

Quote:
Originally posted by PHOENIX
Jeff, which ones are you going to get? Black, Silver, or White?
The white face, silver trimmed ones.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 05:37 PM   #14
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

Dave I'll be keeping you in my prayers. I hope she makes your wish come true.

For mine I wanted my wife to be pregnant. Well it didn't work so we're going to try early next year. We knew that it probably wouldn't work first time but still we tried. This was our practice run but the next one is for real we hope. But since I can't get that I'm going to ask for valve covers with the new scirpt and new wire looms to show them off better.

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 05:38 PM   #15
LOHRTBT

Brandon, so sorry to hear that, I was really hoping that it would work for you man... I will be thinking of you all as well. Hope it works next time for you.

- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods

Old 11-27-2002, 05:59 PM   #16
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

Thanks Dave Dr. says looks better for next time now that we know how much meds to give her to get her ready rather than trial and error where we were this time.

BTW: Here's the links to my list. Dave I know you need these as well (yes I'm still drooling :p )

Covers
Wire Looms ones we want are at bottom.

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 06:20 PM   #17
LOHRTBT

Yep, those are nice, but I seriously doubt anyone in my family will get them for me.. that is ok. I really dont care about Xmas this year..or thanksgiving.

But I sure wish the best for you all and your families.

- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods

Old 11-27-2002, 06:59 PM   #18
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Cheer up Dave, even though I know it feels like your world is ending as you know it, you do have a lot to be thankful for.

Believe me, I know what it's like and it ain't a whole lot of fun. But, and I say but, you will come out of this a better man. This may sound strange to you and some of the others, but things like this have a weird way of making you realize what's important in life. It takes hurt to sometimes to see things in a different light.

I am hurting for you because I know exactly how you feel. It sucks big time and no matter what I or anyone else says, it won't stop the pain. And before I forget, if there is a worse pain, please, someone kill me before I have a chance to feel it.

So many men are macho about this kind of stuff, saying, hey, it won't bother me if my wife leaves. If you are any kind of man at all, it will bring you to your knees. But, you must get up, dust yourself off, and keep plugging away. It will get better with time, as time heals all wounds. I am living proof.

Never second guess yourself. Don't say, what did I do wrong? Never blame yourself. In short, don't beat yourself up. You are already in enough pain.

And never forget, we will always be here for you. If you ever need someone to listen, you can count on me.

Mike
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 07:13 PM   #19
love it loud
Calibration Engineer

always great to know that someone's willing to listen.. all you people here are amazing! it's like a second family..
love it loud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 08:16 PM   #20
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

Good luck to you, Dave. I hope it works out in whatever way is best for the three of you.

You do have things to be thankful for. You have a son, a job, a nice truck...and you get to know all of us.

Slonaker
Old 11-27-2002, 09:00 PM   #21
Big Paul
Iamnotanofficerofthelaw

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by 79BIG10
This was our practice run but the next one is for real we hope. But since I can't get that I'm going to ask for valve covers with the new scirpt and new wire looms to show them off better.

I guess Brandon and Tom have something in common.

But Brandon doesn't need the condoms.

Good luck Brandon, hope all goes well and you get your wish.

My x-mas list consists of MONEY, and a DIGITAL CAMERA. The money so I can primer this beast, put some towards a cowl hood, and headers. Then the digital camera so I can bother you all with my road bump. :p

'87 S-10 Ext Cab- 2.8L/700r4
KIA Caught fire 12/7/03
Big Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 09:23 PM   #22
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Dave
As a guy whose walked a mile int he shoes youre walking in now, i sincerely wish ya the best. Now the road looks totally impossible but day by day things get easier to deal with and trust me you will get through this and it will hurt less after a while. You cant make someone change and somehow life has a way of making things work out for the best in the long run, even though sometimes its hard to see it is while we are going through a challenge or an uphill. Im far from a religious man, but if you believe in God, look to him he will help you through this. I am not religious, so i got through it by just believing in the future being brighter and being thankful for the things i do have which were going right for me at the time. One such thing that was for me and for you is children. Always be there for your child as much as you can and cherish every moment with them.
I dont know what else to say to you but hey if you feel the urge to vent we are all here to listen, and offer advice if ya need.
Best of luck to you

Brandon
Im sorry it didnt work out for you and your wife this time but im sure that in time things will work out. Keep the faith .Now if you and the missus really wanna experience child rearing firsthand, let me know when i can drop off my teen aged son and daughter for the weekend so i can get some quiet fishing time in LOL

As for the original question about xmas list
All i want for xmas is to close on my old house so i can get into the new house and start working on my truck, and give a better life to my kids in the new neighborhood

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 09:37 PM   #23
87 STEPPER
STILL PLAYS WITH TRUX

Dave,

Sorry to hear of your trouble time's and i know exactly how you feel right now i was in the same position last christmas and it was the worst christmas of my life and my daughter's and now that all the hurt and pain is over life is good again.

I do hope you get your wish.

Good luck

Bruce

As for my xmas list nothing for the truck and as stated above due to divorce i dont even get to drive my truck on a daily basis cuz i have it stored at a good friends 250 miles north of where i live so when i go visit him for xmas i'll get to drive her and that will be a good present for me YEAH!

MY 87 STEPPER

MY 99 2D/WD TAHOE
87 STEPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 09:53 PM   #24
brad2

Dave I really hate to hear that. I had to go thru that a couple of years ago. Of course I can't even say my situation compares because it was for the best that she is gone. I have my son 100% of the time so I consider myself blessed. The child part of this just makes me hurt thinking about it. If you ever just kind of want to get away, the little man and I are usually around.

I think I am going to get myself a digital camera for christmas.
brad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 11:24 PM   #25
low 84

for dave

all i want for christmas is to go home. college and being away from friends and family isn't al its cracked up to be. i can't wait to go home and sleep in my room and chill with my buddies well a digi cam wouldn't hurt either

'05 1500 Crew Cab

RIP
'84 swb 5/7 drop, solid cammed 408 w/ fully ported dart heads, th350 w/ 10 inch hughes, 12 bolt w/ 3.73 richmonds and a locker
'80 swb 4x4 in progress: 7" lift, 350 th350/np205, d44 and 1.5" ORD tie rod, 14BFF w/discs , armored diff covers, 40" MTR's
low 84 is offline   Reply With Quote