The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-02-2002, 04:20 PM   #1
PHOENIX

Smile Heater Hose Support ?

Im going to be replacing my heater hoses soon and was wondering how you guys support your hoses. Are there any brackets out there? My current setup have the hoses running from the pump and laying down on the wheel well then going to the heater core. Is there something I can do instead of laying on the wheel well.

PS: I hooked up my heater core this weekend and I have Heat! Its a good thing too I needed it today. "Look mom no more frosted windows."
Old 12-02-2002, 06:06 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

straps

the straps ya had originally was plastic. mine eventually dry rotted and snapped off. What i did to replace them was to use the strapping used for vent ducts and i put electrical tape over the bottom and top where the hoses made contact. this worked good and is great for a work truck or daily driver if ya cant find orginals

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 06:14 PM   #3
PHOENIX

What do the original straps look like? Pictures of clamps/supports would be great!
Old 12-02-2002, 07:18 PM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

straps

the ones i had kinda looked like the plastic wire tie things they use to tie cables together they were like a quarter inch wide and had a little thing on the back that connected it to the wheel well by pusng that into a small hole
on the older cars ( like a 74 Impala i once had) it was a metal kinda hook thing that the hoses sat in and held them against the wheel well

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 07:44 PM   #5
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Eddie,

when I added the stainless braid to my heater hoses, I made me some purdy new ones out of some stainless sheetmetal I had laying around. Polished them up real nice.

BTW, my old ones were the metal clip types that cliped to the fender well. They wouldn't fit around my new hoses so I just made me some.

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 08:54 PM   #6
ElGracho
Gentleman Jim Driver

The original clip in my 84 K10 and 86 C10 was metal and fit into a hole in the fenderwell and held both hoses. I replaced one of them and bought the replacement from GM for<$5. I'm sure they are still available.
'85 Chev C10 Short Wide - Super plain Vortec 4.8 4L60E trans
also: '81 K30, '83 C30 Crew Dually, '84 M1028 CUCV, '85 M1009 CUCV, another '85 C10 SWB, '89 R3500 Flatbed
ElGracho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 12:40 PM   #7
PHOENIX

Sounds great. Ill check the dealer, if not Ill make my own.
Old 12-04-2002, 12:57 AM   #8
littlebubba

Clamps

Adel Clamps work real good for this ( get the aircraft type), or the plastic wire clamps if you go to an electrical supply house. Pop rivet or screws.
Or you can go all out and make your own out of aluminum billet stock.
littlebubba is offline   Reply With Quote