The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-19-2007, 12:25 AM   #1
chevychic

Question Hey all!!! Thinking of Selling, need suggestions

Hey all!!

It's been a LONG time since I've been on the boards. Lots of new names and some NICE looking trucks

So yeah, I'm thinking of selling my 86 K10 stepside. No worries, I'm not leaving the Chevy scene...just taking a small break as I'm planning on moving from Oregon to Minnesota probably by the end of the year. I'll be doing the U-Haul thing and U-Haul trailers won't support the weight of my truck or so their website says. And it's going to cost too much gas to drive it AND the U-haul or have a vehicle transport company take care of it.
I'm thinking of putting it up for $3500 - $4000 but was wanting to get some feedback from y'all first. I won't be officially putting it up for sale until August after I get back from a visit from MN where I'll know a little better of when this move is going to happen.
I plan to eventually replace it with another K-10, preferably blazer this time.

It has a fairly recently rebuilt 350, newly rebuilt 700r4 and newly rebuilt NP205 TC. Just had a tune up with new plug wires, fairly new distributor, 4" lift, lots of tread left on tires. The body is pretty straight with the exception of the bed wood needing replaced and a dent in the drivers side cab in the notorious lower rear corner. The frame has been reinforced at the steering box. The interior is pretty straight and I've done some customizing with bucket seats, console, fabric, etc. So just wondering with that said, if $3500 - $4k is a good ballpark in asking price?

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a horrible warning.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"
- Christopher Robin
chevychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:03 AM   #2
MylilBowTie
Right turn Clyde

Re: Hey all!!! Thinking of Selling, need suggestions

Yeah it has been a while. Maybe post some new pictures to get a better idea of value. I would agree with the price your thinking. Though sometimes its harder to sell a custom vehicle to some people. Being 4x4 with rebuilt transmission, transfer case, fresh 350, bigger tires with alloy rims, 6ft stepside. I don't see any reason it wouldn't go for 3500+.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:23 PM   #3
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

You have been gone for a while. Did you know I blew up the 305 in BADBOW? I hope to install the new crate motor this week. The entire front end is off the truck!!

That truck will sell fast!!!
Old 06-19-2007, 09:40 PM   #4
chevychic

Hey G!!

Wow...I didn't know you blew it up. I hope you were having fun...like blowing the doors off of some ricer punk

Pretty good excuse to upgrade, eh?

Thanks for the input guys...I might price it a bit on the higher side to leave room for negotiations

I'll try to get some pics posted a bit later of the interior and the dent for a better idea of value.

Last edited by chevychic; 06-19-2007 at 09:40 PM.
chevychic is offline   Reply With Quote