The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-14-2007, 12:46 AM   #1
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Question kicking around selling my 72 cheyenne 4x4

this was my uncle's truck and i've had it about 6 or 7 years. been gathering parts since i bought it from him, i've got all 100% rustfree original paint sheetmetal for it including a new takeoff tailgate and NOS toolbox door. here's a partial list of NOS parts i have bought--grille, woodgrain mouldings,guages-including speedwarning speedometer,4 speed shift knob, 205 t-case shift knob,misc. rubber parts,door edge guards,front hub centers and chrome outers etc. the list is too long to type everything.
a list of options includes- 67-68 buckets with new upholstery, 4 speed tilt, tach, vacuum,speedwarning, am/fm, shoulder belts, tow hooks(naturally),toolbox, aux. fuel tank, bumper guards,chrome rear bumper with correct 4x4 brackets, p-s, p-b, a-c, 16.5 x 8.25 steel wheels,etc.
add ons- 4 inch all spring lift, 14 bolt rear with 3:73 posi, big tube 44 front with 3:73s,.
i've spent well over 10K in parts to redo this truck but my back problems are making me have second thoughts as to whether i'll ever be able to finish it. sorry for the long post but curious as to what you guys think i can sell everything for. the truck is not totally disassembled but not road worthy right now, pics won't do any good since the "new sheetmetal isn't installed yet.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:20 PM   #2
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Re: kicking around selling my 72 cheyenne 4x4

That is so hard to gauge - it definitely takes the right buyer to buy a project like that. Sounds like you have alot of good stuff to go with it. Consider this a bump to the top!
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:21 PM   #3
1970 CST Short Wide
Senior Moment

Damn Jerry. Why not get a few of us locals to help you get it road worthy I'd help
2019 GMC Diesil Dually. Youngest Son
2017 Toyota SUV Daughters car
2018 Traverse , Wife’s Ride
Pittsburg Ca
1970 CST Short Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:32 PM   #4
1969k10stepside

That sounds like a great project Jerry.I hope you can keep it and get it together and on the road and it's cool that it was bought new by family.The truck together I could say is worth over 10k but apart I dont think you could get that much.If nothing else pay and have it assembled if you are really wanting to sell it but if it can be back together,why not keep it?
I hope things get better for you and that you can keep it,you know you'll regret selling it...

Last edited by 1969k10stepside; 08-14-2007 at 06:32 PM.
1969k10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:57 PM   #5
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Talking Re: kicking around selling my 72 cheyenne 4x4

Steve, thanks for the offer, i appreciate it. it really wouldnt take much to make it "driveable", i actually started it and moved it last year when the city was on my ass but i've always wanted it done right as a tribute to my uncle- he passed away in may of this year- before i got to complete it. you've seen some of the goodies i've collected for it, some really nice stuff. i even have cargo tie downs , bed rails, first aid kit, bed steps, (GM accessories). i'm sure i could make it driveable and then sell off all the "goodies" i've collected but i'd like to finish it if at all possible. i'm giving it a lot of thought and won't make any hasty decision---yet.

thanks for the other replies yukon and 69k10
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 08-14-2007, 07:31 PM   #6
Thealien

As always, pictures help!
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:58 PM   #7
see ten
WTB this ad

Sounds like it would make an awesome truck if it was put together. I agree with the previous comments about it being hard to sell as is. Maybe you need to host a multi day board meet and make it a Monster garage session! The right group of guys could make a lot happen in a short period of time.
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:09 PM   #8
jerry moss
Born Psycho

i could take pics of the truck as it sits--99% complete. but all the sheetmetal, option goodies, NOS parts,etc. are scattered between 2 storage units, my garage and the cab is in my yard--in other words, parts are everywhere, lol.
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 08-14-2007, 08:52 PM   #9
OLDIRON69

Sounds like a keeper to me, I agree with the Monster Garage idea. I wish I was closer I'd be more than happy to help. Jerry, I do feel your pain, I have Dad's old '86 S-10, I dumped about 5 grand in it after he passed and now it just sits. Tempted to sell it, but I know I would regret it. Worth a couple grand to Joe Public, priceless to me. See what the Cali guys can contribute to the "tribute" truck...
69 Dodge Charger-440/4spd

Last edited by OLDIRON69; 08-14-2007 at 08:52 PM.
OLDIRON69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:01 PM   #10
Huck

You've been dealing with these trucks for years---put yourself in the place of a potential buyer. Would you buy the "kit" and if so, what is the most you would be willing to spend for it? Unfortunately very few know the cost/value/rairty of some of the NOS stuff and also, few appreciate it enough to pay the premium we would all like to sell it for. You could get big bucks for a completed high optioned truck but rarely would the cost equal or exceed the effort to put it all together. So, yea buddy, you have some tough thought processes to go through.
Just keep in mind what you would like the final outcome to be then adjust your thought process to the reality of what the package is you want to sell. You may want to cherry pick some of the most valuable stuff to pedal on e-bay or may just want to move it (intact will all the stuff) to a new owner assuming you want it to get the right attention. Good luck~~. Huck
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:45 PM   #11
72cheyennesuper20

I agree with Huck monetary stand point Sell the the rare and cool options on ebay you'll get more for them that way. I know thats a bummer. I did that with a 1970 SS454 Chevelle. Nobody was willing to give me any money with the N.O.S. parts or rare options. Yours has all the options I am trying to buy or already bought for mine. What factory color is yours?
72cheyennesuper20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:21 PM   #12
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Darn Jerry, wished I was closer, I would throw a hand in the mix. I hate to see you sell something that means that much to you. But, like any thing else, only you know when its time to pull the trigger. Sorry to hear about your uncle too, true Californians are a endangered species. Now, as for those NOS parts shot me a short list and we can wheel and deal. Talk to ya soon! DP

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:54 PM   #13
jerry moss
Born Psycho

The truck is solid white with upper and lower trim. he bought it off the showroom floor at the end of the 72 model year. he was ordering a blazer but missed the cutoff by a couple of days so he took this truck. it's a factory cheyenne 20 4x4 that came with p-s, p-b, a-c upper moldings and a few other minor things. all the other goodies i've been gathering since i bought it and as you all know, rare options and accessories ain't cheap. i was trying to add as many options/accessories as possible and i believe i have most of them. one thing i sold was a factory cruise control i pulled off a 72 cheyenne super i parted out years ago,kind of wish i'd kept that option now.
Dave,
if i decide to sell for sure, i'll let you know. i'm still kicking it around.
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 08-15-2007, 09:32 AM   #14
special-K
Special Order

I hate to see you have to give up.If there was a group effort organized,I`d do what I could to get out and help.
As far as selling goes...I`d list it as a package at a fair price that gets what you want out of it or list truck alone and the parts seperate.They aren`t original to the truck,yet worth alot alone.
I sold off my truck that I had big plans and had gathered parts since`91 last week.I made the decision last winter.It was a well optioned CheyenneSuper with no motor,rotten bedwood,and rust in the rockers/outter door corners.I started listimg alot of the parts and selling off before the truck sold.The only parts I offered with the truck was a good tailgate and bed front panel because I wanted the body as complete as possible.I was selling the truck based on it`s potential.It looked rough,but was actually an easy resto on a solid truck(from CA).I had all n.o.s. tailgate,complete side mouldings,bedrails,console in parts,dash pad,emblems,and other parts I sild for good money.I even had a fiberglass tool & stowage door that I sold.I thonk it worked out best this way since the things that sold seperately were all desireable parts that are worth good money.I got what I felt the truck was worth.I would have gotten less for the parts in a package with the truck.
I hope this helps.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:02 AM   #15
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Thumbs up Re: kicking around selling my 72 cheyenne 4x4

special-k,
i believe you're right, if i decide to sell it for sure, i'll put the few parts i've taken off back on it and make it driveable and sell off all the options and accessories and NOS parts seperatly.
thanks to all that have replied.
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 08-15-2007, 11:40 AM   #16
1970 CST Short Wide
Senior Moment

The offer stands Jerry, give me a holler if you need help with anything. You’ve always helped me out.

Jerry is one hell of a nice guy and when he tells you he has the goods they are exactly as he says they are, and he's got a LOT of nice stuff for these trucks, I've see it.

Steve
1970 CST Short Wide
2019 GMC Diesil Dually. Youngest Son
2017 Toyota SUV Daughters car
2018 Traverse , Wife’s Ride
Pittsburg Ca
1970 CST Short Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:55 PM   #17
special-K
Special Order

Jerry,think about it hard.No hurry,right?I`d love to hear you`re keeping it and I bet others will help.It sucks when your physical condition or the "pain" can keep you from what you want to do.Nothin`wrong with accepting help when times get that way.Believe me,I`m a hard headed s.o.b.that takes help from no one.It would be a hard road to cross,but that`s when it`s ok to take help and I hope I can practice what I preach.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:27 AM   #18
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Thumbs up Re: kicking around selling my 72 cheyenne 4x4

thanks for the kind words AND the offers of help, i really appreciate it. no i don't want to sell it but i hate seeing it just sit, i was going good with it--cleaned and painted the rear half of the frame, installed the 4 inch lift, changed both front and rear differentials, 14 bolt rear and big tube 44 front with 3:73 gears-both rebuilt, installed the nicest original paint bed i've ever seen, with factory toolbox and aux. tank. now it's just sitting on the back burner while i wait for the doctors to figure out what to do next. i'm still trying to work 5 days a week but living on pain killers sucks.
THANKS AGAIN GUYS--YOU'VE REALLY HELPED ME TO STOP FEELING SORRY FOR MY OWN SORRY ASS
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 08-16-2007, 02:38 AM   #19
greenhorn male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970 CST Short Wide View Post
The offer stands Jerry, give me a holler if you need help with anything. You’ve always helped me out.

Jerry is one hell of a nice guy and when he tells you he has the goods they are exactly as he says they are, and he's got a LOT of nice stuff for these trucks, I've see it.

Steve
1970 CST Short Wide
I second what Steve said and Jerry is 100% trustworthy.

Jerry, if you decide to put this together, let me know...I have a couple extra hammers and rolls of duct tape . Seriously, this will be a good learning experience for me.
Luis
Old 08-16-2007, 10:40 AM   #20
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Luis,
i appreciate your offer. you've seen what a mess my yard is, looks like i need to get it organized so i can move this truck before winter gets here again.
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 08-16-2007, 09:52 PM   #21
greenhorn male

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry moss View Post
Luis,
i appreciate your offer. you've seen what a mess my yard is, looks like i need to get it organized so i can move this truck before winter gets here again.
You know my phone number...
Old 08-16-2007, 10:14 PM   #22
72 Super

Jerry, sorry to hear of you back situation and hopefully it will get better for you.I know you been collecting parts to do this truck along time and I know you really like to be able to finish it for the sentimental part .Wish you the best of luck with what decision you come up with.Hopefully everything will work out in the best possible way.

Ray
Old 08-17-2007, 11:17 AM   #23
jerry moss
Born Psycho

thanks everyone. for now i'll hang on to it,as my dad told me,"it aint eatin' no hay and it's paid for" and i'd kick mysef later if i sold it.
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 08-17-2007, 06:19 PM   #24
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Wise decision...

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #25
Huck

As long as there is no pressure to sell it--take your sweet time and the decision will come clear over time.
Now as far as a bad back goes---my 3 doctors told me last year that it's only a matter of time before I will be either in a wheel chair or crutches. My thought is ~~~~what if you find this really nice, sweet, young, therapist who likes to use hot oil and slither naked in her application technique. Might just take the pain away~~~ I think I am going to start looking~~~. Wonder if it's covered by Medicade?
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote