The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What did you get done? XLII Edition

I was on call this weekend so as usual I didn't work on my truck. I took my wife Denali to get the oil changed at the local drive thru car wash. They didn't turn the rain sensing wipers off, so they came on during the wash. One of the wiper blades got ripped off, and the wiper arm scratched the windshield. %#%@#

They buffed the scratch out and replaced the wiper blades. I made them commit to replacing the windshield if I could see the scratch when it rains.

Today I got up early and replaced the phone system in my office. I had to reroute the lines to get everything going, but I finally got it done.

This afternoon, I watched the Superbowl like a gazillion other people.

What did you get done?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 02-05-2008 at 12:14 PM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: What did you get done? XLII Edition

well for the first time in weeks i did something truck related
i was searching craigs list and found someone in the area ( kinda) with truck tool boxes for $50 a piece so i bought both of them
my son wrecked his 2000 Dodge Stratus's motor about a week and a half ago so I decided to buy him another truck, and being he wrecks em as fast as one can put them on the road SO i found yet another cheapie on Craigs List and he got a 1990 Ford F150 extended cab for $200
So anyway my son and i always get together at his house to watch the superbowl and i decided to go out early and do some truck stuff. I brought out the right fender and the right door i had and we removed the old rusty stuff and put on the new ones.. this is a mixed blessing as the new parts are rust free but they are different colors so my truck is starting to look like the partridge family bus
snapped a few pics and here they are.
Now as to the superbowl I am a Giants fan Ive been a Giants fan and my Giants won GO BIG BLUE!!!!! and congrats to the pats sorry to spoil your season (Nah) 18 and NO!!
Attached Images

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
SCOTI

Worked late Fri night.
Worked most of the day/night Sat.

I did get some driveway time today & installed my PorterBuilt Dropmember in my 68. Everything went into place relatively easy so as soon as it was installed, it was all taken back apart to get powder-coated. Got everything cleaned up in time to race over & watch the Superbowl @ one of my co-workers (we just got home). What an up-set.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #4
Malo83
Cruzzzn' Vet

Yeah baby Pats choke
Best SuperBowl to date the GIANTS end the Perfect season and Candy a$$ moss goes home crying like TO
Malo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #5
Kixwy2

I did a quasi-fix on my DD... the retractable antenna mast broke about a month ago and I have been without a radio ever since. I tore apart the mast, then pulled up the antenna and unplugged the mast from the motor until I get a new part. At least I can listen to the radio now!

Changed the oil in both cars... whoever thought a good spot for the oil filter was upside down and behind the alternator should be shot - or at least made to clean up the oil spills. Argh!

Anyway, I had to work today so I missed most of the game, but I came home to see the 4th quarter in HD. I missed the commercials but saw most of the scoring anyway.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:59 PM   #6
1970pelle

I reinstalled new/used steering wheel.Washed truck and my car on Sat.Low 80's and sunny.Today washed wifes minivan,cleand and straightened up the garage a bit.Watched my boys practice with there new bows,moved them up to 25 pd long bows.Sat and talked with wife,have had our house on the market since April 07.Finally have someone wanting to buy.We don't have anything picked out,so its going to be very interesting if the deal goes through.What to do with all the stuff in my 1000 sq ft shop.I know this time I will build a block building.And have the ceiling tall enough for a twin post above ground lift.
1970pelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:21 PM   #7
Ivan D.
glamoros piece o' lowlife

Installed a CB on Saturday, chilled all evening, washed windows on Sunday, watched Superbowl - kinda wanted the Patriots to win cause I'm friends with one of their cheerleader ladies, but I think the Giants winning was a very nice tribute to their physician or whatever who's retiring tonight after 60 years with the team.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:06 PM   #8
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Made a mix CD for the truck to play @ the show on Friday.

Spent alot of time with the girlfriend who has fallen ill.

Had the last bit of touch up work done to the body/paint before the big show.

Been stressin' out about the show. My truck is going to be sitting next to cars that have more than $100k put into them and somehow, I have to look like I belong... Hopefully, people will like what I've done with the truck. I'm so freaking nervous.

Wednesday, my room mate and I are going to my parents' house and detailing the truck inside their garage then leaving it there over night so I can pick it up in the morning and take it to the show.

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #9
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

AceX- For what it's worth, I really like what you have done to your truck. If you like it, it really doesn't matter what everyone else thinks.

I still don't have a truck, so I mostly lurk here. Nothing truck related for me, but I did put a deposit on A CTS-V this weekend. I've been pestering my wife for a year and a half, so it's time, I guess.
Jonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:29 PM   #10
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Broke another part. Engine and tranny keep breaking stuff on the old truck. Fixed it so I could wath da game! State inspection this week!!
gchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:48 PM   #11
SSC's76
No No

I had a nifty plan to clean the garage so I could slap the new engine in the bird this week, yea that plan worked. I instead got to go over to her parents house to talk about wedding plans. Yea I know it's important but geeze it's 16 months away.
Gen VI 454, Muncie HD 3 speed With Modified OE Hurst Shifter, 3.73 12 bolt, GMPP HO roller cam, Hooker headers, Performer intake with modified Q-jet, Accel distributor. Best 1/4 12.3 @108. Funnest run 19.84 @88 full 1/4 mile burn out.
1997 K1500 ext cab 5.7 stock except muffler
SSC's76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:43 AM   #12
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceX View Post
...Been stressin' out about the show.....
Dude, take a deep breath and let it go. Don't get in to the trap about winning or loosing a 10.00 trophy.

I can tell you from years of experience that shows are best enjoyed for what they are worth in personal accomplishment. Go there, and enjoy the compliments you receive from your piers. The people that know what you have done to your truck will appreciate it immensely.

At the end of the day you might get an award, you might not. In a few weeks the value of that award will diminish, but the memories of those events will not.

I still have friends that I met at car shows 20+ years ago. We still get together and tell stories about the trip to and from a show, or the fun we had while there. The trophy's I won went in the trash a long time ago. The friends and memories will be with me forever.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:50 AM   #13
wedgemon

I created a 79 Style grille for my 80. But, at temps around 22º and steady 20+ mph winds, my toes, fingers and mind lost effectiveness. I discovered AFTER installation that I got the trim strips reversed.

Oh well! Next weekend is supposed to be in the mid 50's. And I deserve a do-over.

- Dave

PS: I like my 80 but also like the 79 grille. Until, someday, I can get a chrome 80 grille.
Attached Images

RETIRED: 1980 Scottsdale 4x4

Founding Member:
"TILT WHEEL BELLY." Club
wedgemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:12 AM   #14
Prerunner1982

Sat afternoon we had our baby shower, and then I starting working on my wife 97 s-10 blazer. Fuel pump went out second time in 4 months. I siphoned out about 10 gallons of fuel, it had about 3/4 of a tank.

Sun I finished up her blazer. The fuel pump had a wiring issued and burned up a plug on the inside of the pump. I had heard this was pretty common and the new pump (replaced under warranty) came with an updated harness and plug. I cleaned the tank while I had it out and everything went back in. Probably the part that took the longest was filtering the fuel so it was clean going back in. Alot of junk was in that tank. It started up and ran great.
Oklahoma Roll Call
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:49 AM   #15
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

I finished bolting up the TPI on the Jimmy, installing all the plugs and sensors and now it is time for routing the electrical wiring.
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:41 AM   #16
82c10
needin' money

i was sick saturday and sunday. but last monday the transmission went out on my dads 01 dodge at 209,688 miles. saturday he went to the dealership and came home in a 08 crew cab sierra. i made a deal with him,and the dodge is now mine, and now i'm looking for a transmission for it
Old 02-06-2008, 05:46 AM   #17
Russell
Professional Grade

I was / am too sick to do anything. I was supposed to pull an engine / transmission on Saturday, but that definitely did not happen...
Old 02-06-2008, 06:29 AM   #18
CLASSIC87'
OL BLUU

Went to the local Swap meet... and scored an AWESOME sport bumper set up... the real stuff (NOS) this time around.
CLASSIC87' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:33 AM   #19
Srubydo1986
The Crazy Machanic

I got bored and did a burn out and this time on video. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=277272

* 1970 chevelle 2dr sedan Latest update June 24 2007.

*1957 4 door stationwagon - pink all original needing a good restore (body great, floors bad)

newest additions
1965 shortbed fleet great granddads. Been told im nuts to bring it back from the dead (still going to happen) plans-all stock with a turbo 292 inline 3 speed column shift. and thats it

big block 427 and 5 speed trans and ford 9 inch theyhave no home yet thinking what to put them in

and a 79 c60 trash truck um no idea i have one
Srubydo1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:45 PM   #20
bigblock73
yeller

I didn't do much really. Packaged up two dash pads, purchased a NOS 77-87 drivers door for $100, installed a new radiator in the 'Burb, and watched the game. I was also sick for most of Sunday, no fun.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:09 AM   #21
harnalien
TruckincrazY

did a compression test on my engine, and had 150psi on all cylinders. trying to figure out what to do now.
harnalien is offline   Reply With Quote