The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-14-2008, 10:43 PM   #26
70rs/ss

Re: Dale Jr 68 tribute on ebay

Wow, I am a fan of most motor sports and just spent the weekend at the NHRA event in Phoenix and say Drag racing is more exciting is a bit untrue. It is exciting when they do the burn out, launch and 4 seconds later it's over? Well you spend a lot of time waiting for the next class, the next class, the next class. Whereas NASCAR once they throw the flag, it's pretty much non-stop till they throw the checker, I mean 3-4 hours of excitiement. You can't compare them they are two different types of racing, I happen to enjoy both. As for this truck it's cool, if it isn't your thing don't bid. I might like it if it were done differently, but I'm not buying it and I didn't build it so I won't bash, talk trash or any other comments about it.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:29 AM   #27
brad_man_72
the boat guy

poor truck. ok interior, new bed, euro tail lights, prerunner suspension, and nascar paintjob. people need to really stop watching OCC and thinking they can build a theme something, or in this case a multiple theme vehicle. how can anybody spend $2000 on 15" STEEL wheels and tires.
66, stevens drag/ski 18' silouette, 350, 2.02 doublehump heads. comp extreme marine 278 cam, vette 7 fin valve covers, old polished edelbrock intake, velvetdrive, casale v-drive, adj cavitation plate.
28, model a rpu project,
brad_man_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:01 AM   #28
Dingfodgy
Lemme show you something!!

I'd rather have holes in my eyes than to look at that bastardification of a classic truck! Late Model Bed? Lame! Nascar Graphics? Lame! Lifted? Obviously this dude has never seen a circle-track car or race 'cause them rides be low. Therefore- uber lame! Nascar itself? Effin' lame! They're not stock cars anymore- they've become self-propelled billboards. The drivers aren't the old skool run whatchya brung, turnin' wrenches in the garage all week to to make the race on Sunday, gritty kinda dudes. They're nothing more than corporate man-whore spokesmodels, who can drive a car fast......to the left! Just like big money and overexposure ruined the NBA, MLB, and NFL (at least the superbowl part of it) it has done the same to Nascar. And now with the COT B.S. people can't even get behind a brand....it's become entirely about corporate greed and the cult of personality!
'95 BMW 325i ("Joy")
Dingfodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:46 AM   #29
Psycho71

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_man_72 View Post
poor truck. ok interior, new bed, euro tail lights, prerunner suspension, and nascar paintjob. people need to really stop watching OCC and thinking they can build a theme something, or in this case a multiple theme vehicle. how can anybody spend $2000 on 15" STEEL wheels and tires.

I agree. I am going to be running Steel wheels made by Bassett, one of the companies who builds wheel for Nascar and other circle track sanctioning bodies. My quote from them is 108.00 per wheel.

But after I looked closer at the ad, and the pics, those might not be steel wheels. They are definitely NOT any wheel ran in Nascar. Plus, it's a 4wd, which explains the ride height, and the center hole being larger might translate to a higher priced wheel, you 4wd guys will correct me if I'm wrong on that one. And they're 8 lug wheels.

Still a gawd awful truck. But I can see how a bunch of drunk Jr. fans would like it.

If a hammer doesn't fix it, you have an electrical problem!

Slot Cars, 1:24 Scale, 100MPH@100,000RPM, fastest things on wheels!

Last edited by Psycho71; 03-15-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Psycho71 is offline   Reply With Quote