The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2008, 03:36 AM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

what did you all get done this weekend? 4/27

its almost 9 and Ken didnt get here yet so i figured id start in

We didnt do much with the truck except to get the left door panel together to put on the truck once i get the handles i ordered from Captkaos. I priced some front end parts again and will be ordering them soon
Today was ORthodox Easter which is when the people of the Orthodox christian religions celebrate Easter. The Greeks celebrate by cooking a lamb on an open fire. It is perhaps one of the finest things ive ever tasted and one of my friends who is Greek Orthodoz invited us to stop by and have a plate so thats where we were today after we spent some time with my daughter
How about yall what did you get done?

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:45 AM   #2
MylilBowTie
Right turn Clyde

Re: what did you all get done this weekend? 4/27

Cut the grass, picked up an old style HEI distributor. Need to get a 1/4 npt to 3/8 fitting for the fuel pump.
MylilBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:18 AM   #3
87Lowrider
Navy Radioman Veteran

Worked on the engine compartment in the '87. Almost there!! Hope to have her running in a week or so.

87Lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:27 AM   #4
seanconnery

I just took my 81 GMC out for a quick spin over to subway with my wife for the 5 dolla foot long deal. I think it's just really cool to go out, start it after 5 days, and drive it. Like I said when I first joined this site, I've never had a full size truck before, and so far I'm having a blast with it, and with all the folks on this site. I really see the passion that you all have for these trucks. In any event, has anyone else noticed that subway seems to be making the subs bigger while dropping the price at the same time? I'm telling you, it felt like we brought home a bag of heavy rocks from there!
seanconnery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:27 AM   #5
EyeH8the24

got as much done on my trans swap as i could it moves under its own power now..just have to figure out the tv cable brackets and itll be ready ...also drank a few coronas
EyeH8the24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:30 AM   #6
harnalien
TruckincrazY

cut the grass, painted the living room, bbq'd, and drooled over my soon to be installed vortec heads.
harnalien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:36 AM   #7
westie 666

Stripped my 1/4 windows out of the frames, dropped them off to the painter, ordered rivet kit so I can replace the rubbers
Old 04-29-2008, 04:37 AM   #8
EyeH8the24

man thats nice i been looking for a set of buildable vortecs...but everyone has them over priced..and hate to buy rebuilt as im gonna redo them anyways
EyeH8the24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:03 AM   #9
thump16

reinstalled my wiring harness, started tearing down my engine to put in my new lunati cam, cleaned up my interior and replaced all the inside lights.
thump16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:12 AM   #10
82c10
needin' money

went to the track friday, got an offer on the crown vic, waiting on the guy to call me(hasn't been on the internet since he pm'ed me(another board) so when i sell that i'll be back in a truck, here is one truck i filmed friday, i did some work on it to>
Old 04-29-2008, 05:40 AM   #11
jdmaffeo

I was able to get a lot done this weekend!

Friday night I was able to get 2 coats of DP90 and 3 coats of a sandable primer sprayed on the new hood that I got a couple of weekends ago. I took it all the way down to bare metal. I will get to block sanding and minor imperfections hopefully this week.

Saturday I went to the Pate Swap meet out at Texas Motor Speedway. That meet was big and there were a lot of cool cars and trucks. I ended up with a good sunburn on my shins and calves! OUCH....mental note add sunblock there too!! I ended up coming home with some goodies too!! I found a very lightly used polished Holley carb, new distributor, and a NOS drivers side fender! After the show I installed the carb and it started right up with no problems!

Sunday morning I cleaned up the garage and installed the new distributor! It runs great! I can't wait to take it out for a drive once I get the bed bolted down! Enjoy the pictures!
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2008, 06:11 AM   #12
SCOTI

I spent Fri finishing up the ECE brand Hidden Hitch. It only took a couple hours to modify & get it installed. I'm very pleased w/how everything turned out.

Sat I worked 6a-2p & then went out to TMS for the Pate swap meet. I realized there's many people out there that don't want to sell their stuff: 71 swb frame, cab w/holes big enough to see right through, doors w/rusted bottoms, & a rough short fleet bed. No drivetrain, no core support, front sheet metal, or anything on the firewall...... w/title $1250. I tried to get some small steering column parts for the 74 (the thief screwed up the internals for the horn on the last theft attempt). I found one column but the guy wanted $65 bucks for it & wouldn't sell me just the horn parts. I declined & will get what I need @ a wrecking yard for a few bucks.

I also took a couple of pics w/my 'old shoes' on.......
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 04-29-2008 at 06:15 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:12 AM   #13
higgiec10

just order my filp kit for the rear for my 87. and went riding around in mine just so cool to have a c10 agian there just cool.
higgiec10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:18 AM   #14
bigblock73
yeller

Scoti, can you PM me the details on your hidden hitch, or post them here? It is something I am interested in doing on my '73. Thanks sir.

BTW - your truck is just sweet!
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:49 AM   #15
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock73 View Post
Scoti, can you PM me the details on your hidden hitch, or post them here? It is something I am interested in doing on my '73. Thanks sir.

BTW - your truck is just sweet!
Let me get my pics arranged & I'll start a thread on it. I'm sending the pics w/a mod list to Mark @ ECE as well. They hinted @ being interested in expanding their product line to include post 72 GM trucks.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:50 AM   #16
canadianc-10

saturday i worked. then worked on the sub box and figured out i made it too deep. cut it down an inch made rings to recess the subs and by 8pm had it fiberglass, bondoed ,and primed. started on the cover for the amp until i found out the can of resin i got was like jello. sunday is take wife too church day
canadianc-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:14 AM   #17
f.monroe

Saturday . My son had a soccer game mid day . I then came home and shredded a couple acres where I cleared the brush last year . Slowly getting the place looking nice and clear .

Sunday . Church , lunch at church , and a trip to West Tx to pick up the Black 78 I sold in January 06 . It is a little weathered since being used as a daily driver for two years and he changed several things . Some I like and some I dont but it is still low mileage with under 44,000 original miles . He put some aluminum wheels on it which will probably come off this week . Rallys and BFG's will take their place . I just got home so no pics of it in its current state . Frank
Old 04-29-2008, 07:41 AM   #18
Russell
Professional Grade

Finished the wiring on my 6.2L, and fixed the rear rack on a buddy's quad. Still have to clean up my injector lines + retainers, the turbo, and find a way to paint the exhaust manifolds. Waiting on my brand new AM General heads to show up, and I still need to find myself a new thermostat housing.

Once the heads get here, my engine should be up and running within a day or two -- Which would be awesome!

Once the engine runs, I'll tackle the transmission (clean up & paint, find TH400 / NP208 driveshafts), then it'll be time to pull the GMC into the shop for it's final engine / transmission swap. Gonna pull the cab off to do it, and get a buddy of mine to build a crossmember for the transmission.

Should be on the road by June!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:01 AM   #19
Pushrod226

Found a good reason to tear the old rusty front end off the truck, and I did saturday. After 8 years of daily use it got wrecked. Its time for a thrashing that includes installing all the new parts body I've bought for it over the last couple years.
I'll be cuttin and weldin the ol' stepper for a couple weeks.
Shame isn't it....

That bbc is lookin great up there!

I'd like to see more info on that hidden hitch too. Nice work! Looks like somethin I was thinkin about before, just haven't seen it. I need to find one of those bumpers.
Pushrod226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:22 PM   #20
S10Fan
Old Heap Driver

Went to Super Chevy (Richmond) Saturday and found a lot of over priced parts. The turn out (vendors) was a disappointment compared to years past.

Washed all the cars Sunday, cut grass, and spent some time tuning on the S-10. Still trying to fine tune the S-10’s 383, timing, air/fuel etc. Should have gone the fuel injection route.

'99 Silverado 1500, 4.3, 5-speed, reg cab, short bed
'50 Chevy 2DR Hard Top, 350/350, M2 Front End, 3:08 gear, cruiser.
'40 F**d Sedan, all Chevy power, Heidt's front end, TCI rear, nice driver.
S10Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:37 PM   #21
1970pelle

Sat. we went down to Melborne Fl. for the 21st annual Vietam Veterans Renuion.As always had a great time.Stopped by a Home Depot in Melborne checked out there garden center brought home some cool stuff we don't have up here.Rested Sunday.Only thing truck related is bought some pieces parts.
1970pelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:04 PM   #22
manimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Let me get my pics arranged & I'll start a thread on it. I'm sending the pics w/a mod list to Mark @ ECE as well. They hinted @ being interested in expanding their product line to include post 72 GM trucks.
I'm interested too! Thanks
Had to replace the harmonic balancer on the crew cab Sat. Went to time it and was watching the mark rotate around the crank! When it was all done, I checked the timing and it was WAY off the tab!,Now it's 8* btdc and runs like a champ.
-Lance
1999 Suburban K2500, 7.4, 4L80e
1980 Camaro..son's car...PROJECT

Last edited by manimal; 04-29-2008 at 03:07 PM.
manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:28 PM   #23
slug

i managed to get the tranny all installed and started installing the electric fuel pump. found out the tank selector valve is messed up so i need to track down a new one.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:40 PM   #24
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

replace the weather striping on the drives front of my crewcab. Messed with mounting holes for the 700R4 in the Jimmy.
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:20 PM   #25
truckn'

what I didn't get to do is work on my truck. rained all weekend and the boss has got a project list a mile long. Damn it man, got to get this tile floor finished so I can get truck on the road, summer right at my back door.