The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-11-2008, 05:36 AM   #1
Cochise

Window regulator installation woes

I don't frustrate easy, but I'm frustrated. Did you ever see Old Yeller? You know the part where he dies and you try to hold the tears back and you get that lump in your throat while trying to hold back the tears? I feel like that right now trying to put my new window regulators in. I had to take the wing window assembly out to get the old regulator and window out. What goes back in first? The window or the wing window? I have done this before so it shouldn't be that hard, should it? Maybe because I did the last one with the door off and it was day time?
Cochise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:59 AM   #2
Chevyholic
Will it run today?

Re: Window regulator installation woes

Going to watch this one as I have to do the exact same thing tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:54 AM   #3
Cochise

I got it in, finally. I worked at it for over an hour. It was a booger. I put the window back in first. When I got to the wing window, I had to open the wing window and with the handle end of a real big screwdriver I had to drive it home. Good thing the felt in the channel was already tore up because it would have been after I put the wing back in.
Cochise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 06:59 AM   #4
dan42

Isn't it a joy to try to put that wind wing back in? There is a FAQ on it, and it probably should be updated with tips, because that is one PITA job. I believe the window goes in first, and have it all the way down - you can loosen the track on the back of the door, which allows the window to move backward. I got mine back in but not without scratching the heck out of the paint. I'm gonna have to do both windows on my '67 pretty soon and I'm really dreading it.
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:07 AM   #5
Premium72

yeah window first. i took the rear channel loose but left it in the door. window an the chanel that holds the window with reg in first bolt it up loose not tight. slide in wing and slide in the rear channel. all loose till its all in place. then tighten up yer bolts. jsut chill out drink a beer and enjoy your truck..haha CUAE ITS A PAIN IN THE @$s
Premium72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:43 PM   #6
Sammy

I have done this with the door installed but if I remove the door & lay it down it speeds the process for me. Seems it helps me control the gravity of the window assy for me.

"You can wash a pig, soak it in most expensive perfume. In the end it is still just a pig."

ODD BALL build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=478629"
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote