The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
gumbudah

Body Parts Suppliers

Heythere,
I'm looking to buy front fenders, inner fenders, and core support for my 67. I'm looking at LMC, Classic Industries, Classic Parts (formerly Chevy Duty), and Brothers. Does anyone have any comment on the quality from each of these guys?
gumbudah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: Body Parts Suppliers

They all sell about the same thing.Just ask who produces their sheetmetal.I`d suggest checking the Vendor`s list on the first page here.There are some smaller more personal businesses where you can talk to the owner.They all sell the same stuff the big guys do. Although they don`t produce every part that`s available,what Tri-Plus manufactures tends to be the better product.You can find a closer vendor to save shipping costs.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #3
El Jay
Gone to greener pastures

Re: Body Parts Suppliers

FWIW, I had to replace most of the front end (fenders, inner fenders, core support) on my '69, due to collision damage (I managed to salvage the hood).

I was really concerned about getting everything back together after hearing all the horror stories about reproduction parts.
I used all TriPlus parts and it all went back together a lot easier than I would have ever expected.
I still have some "fine tuning" to do on parts alignment, etc. But all in all, it wasn't too bad.

I got my parts from a local Chevy restoration shop. They ordered my parts with their regular stocking order. Granted, I had to wait a couple of weeks for the parts to arrive, but I saved about $300 in shipping. (2 orders)

I hope that helped you a little bit.

"Ah women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day." Harry S. Truman

GUN CONTROL: Never having to say, "I missed you."

Always fire two warning shots into your attacker's chest area before putting a bullet between his eyes. Paraphrased from Louis Awerbuck
El Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #4
C20-67_N_MO
Champagne Taste on Beer Budget

Cool Re: Body Parts Suppliers

I have used LMC Truck for about 95% of all my body parts.

Had to replace, Raditor support, inner fender wells and both fenders for my 1967 Chevy pickup. I think the quality of parts I received from LMC are top notched. And yes you will have to pay for the $125 truck shipping charges that go with these over sized pieces.

But your not going to find these body panels in the salvage yards in near paint ready status! i.e. you get what you pay for these days!

Good Luck.