The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #26
silkyslim

Re: Boss 304 22" Rear Wheels and 20" Fronts with tires BRAND NEW

I found this on Craigslist about a week ago. Looks to be the same set of wheels.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/1229299553.html
silkyslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #27
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

geeze...
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:58 PM   #28
OldSkool71
C/10 CLUB MEMBER

That is interesting and posted after they had sold here...hmmm?
Old 07-07-2009, 08:25 AM   #29
big_al_71

I had seen before where he had posted about the guy he bought the frame from, seems very clear to me who was at fault on the last deal and obviously who is wrong in this one...Specially once I seen the craigslist post for the same exact wheels that were sold prior....

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:11 AM   #30
my67chevytruck
Under Construction

What the.........

subscribe to the board here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=157669
FAQ how to's

1956 Chevy Apache
1967 C10 SWB FleetSide (under construction)
1969 K10 SWB FleetSide (Future Build)
1972 C10 SWB Stepside (Future Build)

56 chevy truck :
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2955823/1

67 truck build:

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=281357/1

69 k10:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=389470
my67chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:17 AM   #31
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

Ouch...

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #32
dave2953
Dave's not here, man

Not only are they the exact same wheels, but the two pics posted of them on vehicles are the EXACT same pics that appear in this thread. Wonder what payment method the buyer used?
dave2953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:51 AM   #33
vegaschevy
Account Suspended

The buyer NEVER paid for ANY wheels, These wheels were going to be for sale until problems arose with the chassis i purchased and not having a title. not wanting to separate what I purchased until I get something resolved I sent a PM to oldskoo71l which if the MODS would do their proper job they can see what TWO PMs were sent to the board member who said he wanted to purchase them saying that I would not sell them until I get something resolved with this chassis.

Instead, the mods suspended the use of my PM box and other functions on someone saying they want the wheels they bought.

this oldskool71 has NEVER paid for any wheels!!!!!!!!

everyone read this? no one was ripped off, in fact I sent two different pms one long before he posted this post telling him I would have to hold off on the completion of the sale until I resolved the chassis problems!!!
vegaschevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:00 AM   #34
vegaschevy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrd View Post
HMMMM vegas needs to work on his own dealings, Ironic ain't it???
My dealings are 100% up front and legit, maybe you need to keep your opinions too yourself until you know ANY facts!
Old 07-08-2009, 01:01 AM   #35
vegaschevy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2953 View Post
Not only are they the exact same wheels, but the two pics posted of them on vehicles are the EXACT same pics that appear in this thread. Wonder what payment method the buyer used?
NONE!!!

These wheels were NEVER bought!!!!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:07 AM   #36
vegaschevy
Account Suspended

Keeping this at the top, hope everyone sees how big of an idiot this member is and careful on any dealings with him!!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #37
PT'S 70 CST
"GO DAWGS"

Hey I can understand that you are po'ed but there is a place for this and it is to contact a mod or Liz and try and resolve some of this. I will see if I can contact one of them. This is not the place for you to vent.

Thanks PT
94 SILVERADO SWB 5/7 drop
2000 Silverado swb
2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 (Surprisingly very fast)
2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali
BATESBURG, SC. 29006
Some of my restorations
http://www.snapfish.com/snapfish/thu...NAME=snapfish/
Restored Tach tins 8 cyl - 6 cyl
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=518185
Contact info(Not my paypal address) DAWGSFAN227@YAHOO.COM

God Bless Our Troops
PT'S 70 CST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #38
vegaschevy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT'S 70 CST View Post
Hey I can understand that you are po'ed but there is a place for this and it is to contact a mod or Liz and try and resolve some of this. I will see if I can contact one of them. This is not the place for you to vent.

Thanks PT
I have emailed and messaged Liz yesterday when I got back form vacation. I could not believe some people when I read this thread, not to mention this is the second person I have dealt with that turned to a bad situation from this forum.
Many people voiced opinions on this situation without knowing ANY facts, without them seeing this thread they will have continued opinions. I personally would like to keep things out in the open with the TRUE facts.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #39
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

vegas chevy, lemme say one thing.. you do NOT want to see the mods do their proper job, or you wont be posting period. Now set back chill the eff out and post a proper response with facts. We have the copies of PMs we were sent. We have been waiting on a reply from you (Josh's PM).

You need to calm your ass down and post properly.. You know, the way you did when you felt you were being screwed over.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #40
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaschevy View Post
I have emailed and messaged Liz yesterday when I got back form vacation. I could not believe some people when I read this thread, not to mention this is the second person I have dealt with that turned to a bad situation from this forum.
Many people voiced opinions on this situation without knowing ANY facts, without them seeing this thread they will have continued opinions. I personally would like to keep things out in the open with the TRUE facts.
I have no "message" from you. email maybe, but I have not checked that whatsoever this week.
One thing to remember, folks voiced opinions in your "bad deals" thread as well. It happens everyday, its a messageboard

I also checked with Josh, who did PM you on the 6th asking for your side/details... and you have no responded to him either yet.

Last edited by Liz; 07-08-2009 at 09:45 AM. Reason: added info
Old 07-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #41
vegaschevy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
I have no "message" from you. email maybe, but I have not checked that whatsoever this week.
One thing to remember, folks voiced opinions in your "bad deals" thread as well. It happens everyday, its a messageboard

I also checked with Josh, who did PM you on the 6th asking for your side/details... and you have no responded to him either yet.
since I have no way to PM as those privilege's were taken away I can only email and send you messages via yahoo messenger. You probably wont see emails as they are not through this board. should I post his email in here as well? forward it to you as well?

I have posted my bad dealing in bad deals, but this is not a bad deal, this is a mod who jumped before knowing ANY facts. Not that big of deal n I personally don't like to have people making crap up about me.

Last edited by vegaschevy; 07-08-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #42
vegaschevy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
vegas chevy, lemme say one thing.. you do NOT want to see the mods do their proper job, or you wont be posting period. Now set back chill the eff out and post a proper response with facts. We have the copies of PMs we were sent. We have been waiting on a reply from you (Josh's PM).

You need to calm your ass down and post properly.. You know, the way you did when you felt you were being screwed over.
No one is being screwed over here, THe facts are this guy did not purchase ANY wheels, that is the only fact! period!

Like I said, I cannot reply, my PMs were shut off and so the only contact I have is through email which I sent to Josh.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:10 AM   #43
70cst

Quote:
No one is being screwed over here, THe facts are this guy did not purchase ANY wheels, that is the only fact! period!

Like I said, I cannot reply, my PMs were shut off and so the only contact I have is through email which I sent to Josh.
Vegaschevy I am not taking sides but...the following looks to be one of the issues at hand...when one commits to purchase an item...the deal between the seller and buyer is consummated without the initial exchange of money. Unless down the road the seller and buyer agree to cancel the transaction…the purchasing/selling is on. This was never done that I can tell. The CL ad for your wheels was listed after the initial agreement was made between oldschool71 and yourself on the purchase/selling of your wheels. The fact that money hadn’t changed hands isn’t the issue here…it’s the fact the initial agreement that was consummated by the both of you was never broken. Unless I am misreading this thread. Another point…it is not a good practice to sell what one doesn’t own. From my reading you were in process of purchasing the chassis with the wheels but the deal was never finalized during the initial transaction. So technically the wheels were never in your possession at that particular time.?
If I am wrong with my assessment I’ll let you reply…but a logical reply will be better understood than an emotional response. Again…I am not taking sides but basing my opinion on the sequence of events. I hope this gets resolved to all’s satisfaction.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 07-08-2009 at 11:11 AM.
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:25 AM   #44
vegaschevy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cst View Post
Vegaschevy I am not taking sides but...the following looks to be one of the issues at hand...when one commits to purchase an item...the deal between the seller and buyer is consummated without the initial exchange of money. Unless down the road the seller and buyer agree to cancel the transaction…the purchasing/selling is on. This was never done that I can tell. The CL ad for your wheels was listed after the initial agreement was made between oldschool71 and yourself on the purchase/selling of your wheels. The fact that money hadn’t changed hands isn’t the issue here…it’s the fact the initial agreement that was consummated by the both of you was never broken. Unless I am misreading this thread. Another point…it is not a good practice to sell what one doesn’t own. From my reading you were in process of purchasing the chassis with the wheels but the deal was never finalized during the initial transaction. So technically the wheels were never in your possession at that particular time.?
If I am wrong with my assessment I’ll let you reply…but a logical reply will be better understood than an emotional response. Again…I am not taking sides but basing my opinion on the sequence of events. I hope this gets resolved to all’s satisfaction.
Wether you have possession or not does not change ownership. I relist about 30 listings on CL a day. I just go down the list. These got reposted and I deleted it.

That does not mean that I owe anyone wheels tha are currently not for sale. Intent is not binding especially when no money is exchanged
Old 07-08-2009, 11:34 AM   #45
Hart_Rod

Quote:
You didn't seem to mind opinions when you thought you were the one being "wronged". The knife cuts both ways....
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #46
70cst

Quote:
Wether you have possession or not does not change ownership. I relist about 30 listings on CL a day. I just go down the list. These got reposted and I deleted it.

That does not mean that I owe anyone wheels tha are currently not for sale. Intent is not binding especially when no money is exchanged
Ok...
If oldschool71 never said..."I'll take them or I'll purchase them"...then you make a valid point. But...if oldschool71 made a verbal committment to buy the wheels then I will have to respectfully disagree with you. There is a saying that I was taught as a young lad..."Your word is your bond"... But as you have said...if no word was given to you on the puchase of these wheels...that is another story.
As far as possession...when I bought my truck...I did not have possession of it until I paid for it and got the title.

I have said enough but I am wishing all the best.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 07-08-2009 at 11:46 AM.
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #47
vegaschevy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
You didn't seem to mind opinions when you thought you were the one being "wronged". The knife cuts both ways....
Being sol a chassis without a title and not as described IS being wronged, saying you want YOUR wheels when they are not yours to demand is also cut and dry. It is not an opinion it is wrong, unfortunately they are MY wheels.

I just wanted to make sure this was clear as I have lots of buying of small parts and I personally am an up front stand up guy.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #48
uno67

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkool71 View Post
It has been almost a month now and I still don't have my wheels? Please respond and let me know when you will be delivering the wheels.
I think this was the problem this totally implies he paid for them and got shafted. maybe this could of been worded differently and none of this would of happened.
uno67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #49
killer71

Quote:
Originally Posted by uno67 View Post
I think this was the problem this totally implies he paid for them and got shafted. maybe this could of been worded differently and none of this would of happened.
my thoughts exactly. when i read where olkskool posted that, i took it that he paid you for the wheels and you had failed to deliver them to him. If he hadn't paid you for the wheels he should have worded his post differently. To call them "my wheels" is technically not correct if in fact you haven't received funds. Just my .02! Do you know why your "pm" privlege was revoked?

Last edited by killer71; 07-08-2009 at 01:43 PM.
killer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #50
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I have not logged on yahoo in months.. its not a contact I use. There is a contact us link at the bottom of every page of the site. Have you used that? Also, I was not aware you had no PM access as Josh is dealing with your account.