The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
bullwinkle

Power Brake Booster options

I am shaving my firewall to clean things up a bit. I have a CPP master cylinder with 1” pistons. I was going to run manual brakes but changed my mind. I have the stock power booster but would like a smaller booster mounted either on the firewall or closer to it.

What is the purpose of the bracket and the pivot on the stock setup? Is this to raise the master cylinder up from the steering column?

The mounting holes on the firewall and the brake pedal support are about 3.35” X 2.62” center to center. The brake rod comes through in the center of the bottom two bolts.

I have a few boosters that I picked up at the wreckers. I have a 10 ½” from an 89 pickup and an 8 ½” and a 9” one. One is from an Astro van. I haven’t found anything that would bolt up.

What have others used for aftermarket or junkyard boosters? Pictures, mounting modifications and tips would be very much appreciated.
bullwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote