The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-24-2010, 08:51 AM   #1
70cst

Has this forum saved you money on a purchase of a 67-72 truck or related parts?

Ok...
Some have been members of this internet truck family longer than I and some not as long....the thought came to me if you have ever saved money as a result of your membership to this forum?

I can say it helped me when I purchased the Circuit Rider. I had been looking for a 1948-1955 1/2 ton Chevy truck-like the one my Dad had. I was in Nashville and on a Tuesday afternoon I picked up the Truck Trader that just came off the press...and there my eyes lit upon a truck that I knew was special. I saw a BB 1970cst C10. I called and Mike answered and said he would be open for another hour and he said come on up and he would stay open. (Mike ran a car/truck re-cycling business)
Celina is about an hour drive NE of Nashville if I remember correctly. I hoped in my car and made tracks to Mike's. When I got there and saw the "Circuit Rider" it was love at first sight. What I saw was a fully loaded LWB BB 1970 CST C10. $2300 later it was mine.
This wasn't a steal but a in my mind a good price and it was because of this site that I knew this was a special truck.
Ok...how about you all? Has this site educated you that it has helped you purchase a truck or part that you knew was a very very good deal? You have heard my story so lets hear yours.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 03-24-2010 at 08:55 AM.
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Re: Has this forum saved you money on a purchase of a 67-72 truck or related parts?

I hate to burst your bubble but I think that if you check my or any other build thread you will have the answer your looking for 10 fold....

I mean from dragging my junk truck out of the woods a year ago to a bagged / cupped / caddy powered street pounder...come on none of it would have been possable with out this board...AND on top of it I have noticed lately that there have been alot of free parts flying around to help out some fellow brothers/sisters....

and dont forget about the emergency contact list!!!

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:04 AM   #3
Shyguy

Re: Has this forum saved you money on a purchase of a 67-72 truck or related parts?

Well, I am not sure this site has helped me save money.

Here is the reason, I read what every one is doing with their trucks and it gives me more ideas what I want to do with my truck.

What started out to be a daily driver is starting to be a mild restoration on the '71. The '67 was just going to be an old farm truck, but since I have seen what others have done to similar ones it will probably be a frame off restoration of long duration.

This site has given me great information and has saved me some money now that I think about actually by letting me know how to do stuff the easiest and least expensive way.
'92 GMC K-3500 Duallie, 454/4L80E.
Shyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
70cst

By the way...here is my Build Thread...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=313715

If this site helped you find your true love (your truck I'm talkin about ) & you have a build thread...post your build link here or maybe a picture of your truck.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

Last edited by 70cst; 03-24-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #5
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

This board has NEVER, EVER saved me money! Everytime I get on here and look at everybody else's stuff, it inflames a condition I have known as massive spendacitis!

I have scored some good prices on parts, trucks, and made some good friends in the process though!
'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:22 AM   #6
GreenAcres
"I tawt I taw a puddy tat!"

short answer...

YES!

anyone saying otherwise is, well...

and anyone who has not become a site supporter should be ASHAMED!!!
GreenAcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:30 AM   #7
jholley

Without a doubt!

Jim

Garage fillers...

85 Chevy C10 Silverado LWB
07 Nissan Altima
2006 Mini Cooper S
jholley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:36 AM   #8
flashed

It has not saved me money but has educated me a lot about these trucks. I will eventually become a paying member when I can better afford it .Right now it takes all I have to try to keep this truck going and pay the bills .This is a great site and a great bunch of people I would like to meet. Let me clarify why I have not saved any money ,its because of all the great deals on parts from the used parts guys .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:30 AM   #9
monte0185

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_C-30 View Post
This board has NEVER, EVER saved me money! Everytime I get on here and look at everybody else's stuff, it inflames a condition I have known as massive spendacitis!

I have scored some good prices on parts, trucks, and made some good friends in the process though!
x2!!!!

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
monte0185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:59 AM   #10
VA72C10
VA72C10

I have saved a ton by not buying overpriced parts, and have made the money needed to continue my build by buying parts that were worth a lot but the guy on craigslist didn't know. (NOS gate-paid $250 sold for $750 on ebay) (second NOS gate paid 300- sold for 700)
When I've gone to get parts for my builds and the guy offers me the rest of the parts for 100 or 200 or something like that I have been able to scan over the parts and see if there is enough there to make the deal worth it or not because of this board. The only way I'd ever be able to build a nice truck is by buying/selling parts because I am like most of the guys on here....basically paycheck to paycheck and I don't want to put anything on credit for the truck.

That being said, as others mentioned, my build went from a quick freshen up and paint of a truck that was driveable and just needed a few last things done to a complete frame off custom show truck. And I have two right now at the frame off stage (longbed and shortbed one bagged and one static dropped) So....the site giveth and taketh away.....
Old 03-24-2010, 12:26 PM   #11
LINELOCK

This site keeps me out of the bars...and other "legal" places that are available only in Nevada, and yes it has saved me money and givin' me lots of ideas, but most IMPORTANTLY the good people on here.
LINELOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:49 PM   #12
dfwright

Whether I saved money or not isn't as important to me as the peace of mind I've had, when ordering parts from folks on here, knowing I would get what I paid for, as described, with no hidden gotcha's.

Deconstruction began 5/2009, mostly completed restoration, 5/2017
dfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #13
heymoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAcres View Post
short answer...

YES!

Amen!!!
Here is my build thread so far. I have more pics but holding off till I get the cab back on.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=371235http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=371235

Last edited by heymoe; 03-24-2010 at 08:32 PM.
heymoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #14
michael bustamante

Cool Re: Has this forum saved you money on a purchase of a 67-72 truck or related parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyguy View Post
Well, I am not sure this site has helped me save money.

Here is the reason, I read what every one is doing with their trucks and it gives me more ideas what I want to do with my truck.

What started out to be a daily driver is starting to be a mild restoration on the '71. The '67 was just going to be an old farm truck, but since I have seen what others have done to similar ones it will probably be a frame off restoration of long duration.

This site has given me great information and has saved me some money now that I think about actually by letting me know how to do stuff the easiest and least expensive way.
I gotta agree with this my truck was only going to ber a nice looking regular truck, now thanks to this website its being bagged and switched to 5 lug disk suspension with drop spindles, extra guages, new interior etc etc etc
Old 03-24-2010, 03:56 PM   #15
Leviticus
Shake and Bake!

Well, I think this site has made me spend more money than I would like to admit, but you guys have pulled my nuts out of the fire more times than I would like to admit as well

You can't beat the group of guys on here, I have and have owned a LOT of newer and older trucks, and have been a member of a lot of forums and by far you guys are the best. From the time I joined I felt right at home.

So maybe I haven't saved money, but I thank you all for your help and friendship!

"You are remembered for the rules you break."
General Douglas MacArthur

"Support Our Troops And The NRA"
Leviticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:58 PM   #16
70cst

Great feedback.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #17
Scott Webster
Sheetmetal Psycho

I got free headers plus shipping from Sourkrout and saved money fixing stuff myself. This site is hands down my favorite. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to check my expiration date on my membership.....
Future mods: 67 front clip

Webby's Rigginations - where everything has potential!
Scott Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:38 PM   #18
zzzjojozzz

zzzjojozzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:55 PM   #19
ksjh1316
Account Suspended

This site has cost me 15k my simple 5k repaint has gone to a custom GMC front clip and frame off resto with a turbo charged 350 under the hood instead of the old 292. But have had fun so far in the process. The wife hopefully does not read this cause she has no idea what I have spent
ksjh1316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:14 AM   #20
longhorn70gmc

Yes,

This board has not only put my Longhorn70GMC back together with parts from all over the United States, but she is getting into final stages of becoming a daily driver again after 10 years. ALSO,
Because of people like MVFD70, I was able to obtain a HUB for my half ton that is not manufactured anymore for our trucks. All I did was pay shipping. I still owe him a picture. This gentleman gets my vote for awesome board member of the quarter award. And yes, I have passed on lots of love like absorbing excessive shipping on a steering wheel so another guy could get it and various other things, so the love lives on.

Here is what MVFD70 last wrote to me.

Congrats on getting it going. I just have one request from you. I would like to see some pictures of your truck that the hub went on. Again, you are welcome for the part. Just remember to pass the love onto other guys in need if you are able to. That'll help keep this site the great place that it is.

Jason

Here is your pics I owe ya Jason, I hope you see this.
R/
Billy
Attached Images

1970 GMC Sierra Grande 402/TH400
(Longhorn)14 years and counting rebuild!
1975 (Build) Chevrolet SWB 4X4 350 SB Lifted 6 inches
1970 Ford F250 Ranger 390 BB
2010 Ford Super Duty F250 XLT W/4 inch lift kit and Pro Comp Tires
Hub Cap Freak!
I need another truck like I need another hole in the head!
I'M IN THE MARKET...AS IT WERE!

Last edited by longhorn70gmc; 03-25-2010 at 01:15 AM.
longhorn70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:26 AM   #21
Pickupmanx2

NOPE,,,,, not yet!! I ended up buying my 70 C10 before I knew about it!! I have been a member over at the other place that looks like this for a long time and always had those "other" trucks, then I saw "Elmer" (my 70 C10) and just bought him without thinking! THEN I started diggin for info and bammo here I are!! Thanks for all the good stuff here.
Joe
70 C10 400/400
63 F250 4X/T98/NP205
Pickupmanx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:29 AM   #22
mr mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAcres View Post
short answer...

YES!

I am with you , yes yes yes
mr mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:00 AM   #23
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Oh hell yeah!! If it were not for this site, I would not have found tkorinek with his awesome deals and almost endless inventory. Or Randy (I'll part out anything) teeitup, who helped me out with some items years back.

Whether money is saved or not, this site is worth every dime when it comes to making what we do almost simple. I know many of us can really appreciate what building cars and trucks prior to the advent of the internet was like. When you needed the long discontinued part for, say, an a/c control head in something to get it functioning. Armed only with the part number (maybe), you called that list of old GM dealers that you had written on the back of an old business card. When all of those failed you, you went to the store and bought a copy of Hemmings Motor News and searched through the thousands of pages looking for a NOS supplier of a/c parts. After compiling a list of all that you could find, you sat down and started calling them on a phone that had a cord. After getting to speak with some super-nice people and some that you would rather forget, you have assumed the position and accepted that this little part that would fit in a Sucrets tin is actually worth the ninety bones that the guy on the other end is asking. You give him your credit card number, he scans through his little book of bad cc numbers, decides that you are ok, and sends it out.

These days it is so much easier. Think of all the different places (geographically) that you have bought parts from. How easy it is to place a WTB ad. How many responses you get to your ad within 24hrs. The fact that one or two of the resposes are actually what you need and one is very reasonably priced. I can go on and on, but you get the picture.

The luxury of a site like this makes it seems like I am cheating compared to the old way.

Money saved?? Yes, but time saved and sanity retained far outweigh the money in my book. Many thanks go out to the owners/creators of the site as you have done a fine job!!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:02 AM   #24
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

I would like to see more guys pony up the $25 to support the board. Lets make sure it stays around. I mean, if you can scrape together the bucks to build a truck...
Tom Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:41 AM   #25
OhOneWS6

It would not say it has not saved me any money but it has saved me time. The used parts I have bought have turned up on CL locally for the same price. It just takes more patience to find them. I am fortunate to be in a large city where parts are available though.

Other members experiences with vendors did help me make a decision on who to buy new parts from. I ended up purchasing from the vendors I was already planning to use. It just gave me piece of mind in my decision.

Last edited by OhOneWS6; 03-25-2010 at 09:44 AM.
OhOneWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote