The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-13-2010, 01:33 AM   #1
tavenner13

An old friend checking back

Hey guys, a few of you might remember me. I used to post a lot back in the day--circa 2007--when I had my old '67. Here's the truck (and my awesome shorts) to jog your memory:

I sold that thing back in August 2007 for a new '04 Silverado (worst decision of my life) and since then I haven't quite been myself I don't think. Well today, I'm back. I already have a thread going on another site so I'll just copy the info: My dad and I brought home a new '71 Chevrolet C-10 Custom longbed. He's the third owner and from what I can tell this truck has hardly been touched. It's got the 292ci L6, 4-speed manual transmission, HD rear springs, white paint, blue vinyl trim, body side mouldings, amm/oil gauges, and an underdash A/C unit. The rockers are gone and the cab corners are going but who cares. The frame is rust free as is the firewall. The interior is toast but so what... a new dash pad and a new seat and you're practically done. Lights work, gauges work, starts and runs for a bit but is very lean and the battery is weak.

I'm happy to be back in the community and I'm definitely looking forward to meeting some of the newer crowd and sharing the project with everyone!

Pictures will be up sometime tomorrow. Just wanted to say what's up.
tavenner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:54 AM   #2
gixxerpymp

Re: An old friend checking back

Wow... That thing sounded good. What did you have done to it?

Congrats on being back in the family!
gixxerpymp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:15 AM   #3
tavenner13

Re: An old friend checking back

Just a mild 454 .040" over, 280* comp cam, 850 Speed Demon, original Flows. Nothing crazy.
tavenner13 is offline   Reply With Quote