The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-04-2003, 07:31 PM   #1
lukecp
Formerly yellow72custom

Question Deciding on getting another truck or not....

I have been in the market for another truck for quite some time, maninly just a truck with a good cab and other body parts to use on my '72, and something to beat the crap out of and haul firewood with. I think i have found one.

It is a '69 LWB, with a SBC and a granny low 4-speed. The truck has been sitting by the side of the road for about a month with $1000 OBO on the windshield. I drive by it all the time, but i am the only person i have seen looking at it. It looks pretty ratty. The truck is 2-tone green and white. Both bedsides are dented, and one is rusted pretty bad, and the other is OK. The tailgate is very dented, i doubt it even opens. It appears that the truck has been rear-ended, the bed is pushed up in to the cab about 1/2".
The cab itself is actually pretty solid. Above the windshield is in PERFECT shape, with no hint of any rust on it at all. The cab corners are both OK, with a few pinholes in them. The rockers are pretty bad, and the floor has been repaired with what looks like a roadsign. However, both doors are dent and rust free. The dash has also been cut.
The front clip has 2 and rusted and dented fenders, and someone put a '67-68 hood on it, and cut the top crossbar in the grille to make it fit.

Under the hood, the truck looks to have a brand new 4-core radiator, Edelbrock Performer intake, and Accell HEI. It has manual brakes and power steering.

It has also been lowered, proably with torched coils. The wheels and tires don't have much life in them.

Since the truck is pretty ratty, i am thinking of offering the guy $400 cash for it, and going up to $500 max. Does that sound like an OK deal for the truck? Since the only parts i really want are the cab, i was thinking of buying the truck, keeping the cab and doors and selling the rest. It is too low to the ground to haul wood in unless i swap coils. Think i could make $400-$500 on a rolling LWB drum brake frame, 350 motor, 4-speed granny low tranny, and '67 hood?
lukecp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 08:03 PM   #2
Class of 69

Sounds like a lot of work, and little profit, but aren't they all??!! What would you get for the 4-core, I might be your first customer P.S. If you buy it, go beat the livin snot out of it before you part it!!! It alway's feels better when you do!
Old 06-04-2003, 09:12 PM   #3
lukecp
Formerly yellow72custom

The 4-core would be going into my truck, but i might have a good 2-core if you want one . How much work would it be to tear down the truck? Don't worry, i would take it through the mud, over rocks, and through fields before i dismantled it .
lukecp is offline   Reply With Quote