The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-19-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
kustomland

australian guy in ca.What the heck did i buy?? 1968 c10 4x4???

hi ..im new to this truck thing im from australia and live in ca.

and bought a 1968 c10 down the street for me.. because i tow a trailer out of state i thought it would be good.....?? how ever i was told it was a factory 1968 4x4....now i dont think it is..the tranny cover has been cut for the 2 stick shifts...the glove box tag reads hydromatic...and the rear end and front end are 8 lugers and are looking real heavy duty??? i was thrown off because it looked so original with paint and all and there was no colum shift hole either....??? i looked at the body mounts and there new like some one took the body off and put it on another chassis?? 2 front bolts are not done on the pick up bed and now i can see the out line of were it was sitting on another frame.....could some one please tell me what i bought ????? also the frame number stamped under the power sterring is 9F826789???? what year chassis is it and from what??? The motor needs a rebuild thoe...befor i go any further i want to know what i got ...please help me if any one can?? also is this set up on this truck a good conversion or is it an original 4x4???? im kind of bumbed out because i was told it was an original 4x4 from 1968 and it had all its original paint and that was what i was looking for.....please help thanx

my email is dollface1956@yahoo.com if some one can email me on what i have bought and my cell is 831 210 6780
Attached Images

kustomland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:43 PM   #2
RCbowtie69

Re: australian guy in ca.What the heck did i buy?? 1968 c10 4x4???

Sad,hope it works out for U
RCbowtie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:58 PM   #3
71swb4x4

Post the first 6 digits of your VIN or the model number that is on the SPID on the inside of the glovebox door.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:02 AM   #4
maynardtruckin

Well part of this seem right . the frame, axles seem correct for the vintage. Things like glove box doors, steering columns, trans can be changed easy. The lift and front springs were added and the body bushings are new, as for the front bed bolts they could have rusted away or broke and just never got replaced. with out having the first 6 digits of your VIN or the model number ore comparing the vin on the cab to the one on the frame or on the spid tag its hard to tell. from what i see it looks like maybe you have a k10 on a k20 chassis or 67-72 k20 axles and trans in a k10 pickup. To me thats an up grade except for the trans but will still work for pulling either way!

67 c10 swb build in progress
70 c10 lwb driver pending parts for drastic overhaul
70 c20 lwb parts truck for above mentioned drastic overhaul
71 k20 lwb building for off road use and towing
maynardtruckin is offline   Reply With Quote