The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-01-2011, 12:09 AM   #1
wicky

bagging a c-10

Hey guys im leaning more to putting bags on my.69 than just lowering it with coils. I don't want it to lay on the rockers. So i have some questions. Is notching the frame absolutely necessary or leave it stock. Putting a small notc doesn't concern me all that much really just curious. Next is how low can i go before i need to start changing spindles and front end parts.
thanks Nick p
Posted via Mobile Device
wicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:15 AM   #2
SCOTI

Re: bagging a c-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicky View Post
Hey guys im leaning more to putting bags on my.69 than just lowering it with coils. I don't want it to lay on the rockers. So i have some questions. Is notching the frame absolutely necessary or leave it stock. Putting a small notc doesn't concern me all that much really just curious. Next is how low can i go before i need to start changing spindles and front end parts.
thanks Nick p
Apparently your not spending much time on this board checking out what everyone else is doing. You want to 'lay rocker' yet ask if notching the frame is absolutely necessary??

Heck yes, a notch will be required to 'lay rocker'. If you consider doing this task w/o droppped spindles is beyond reasonable.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:22 AM   #3
wicky

Looks like someone needs to learn to read i said i dnt want to lay on the rocker. I want to air up to just couple inches under stock ride height and maybe get within 2" of the ground when deflated
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-01-2011, 12:30 AM   #4
wicky

And prob not even two inches for that matter
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #5
JNJchev77
Registered Cruiser

I would definitely go with a c-notch in the rear if you want to bag. The front can be done with plates on the lower CA's and a plate over the crossmember spring pocket and bags, but for it to "look right" when parked or aired out, you would want to use a 2.5" or 3" drop spindle IMO. Your ride height and quality would improve due to the lowered stance. Check with Nate at Porterbuilt, explain to him what you want and he will have exactly what you need! www.dropmember.com.
JNJchev77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Ironically when I read your original post I overlooked the don't part of "I don't want it to lay on the rockers", and thought the same thing Scoti did.

So, back to your original question. No, you don't have to notch the frame, but I would. Once you start lowering it becomes addicting. If you don't notch it now, your probably going to wish you did later. I would do it once, and do it with the best components your budget allows.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #7
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

look at my build.....nuff said..theres alot of guys out there check some of the builds

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #8
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Ironically when I read your original post I overlooked the don't part of "I don't want it to lay on the rockers", and thought the same thing Scoti did.

So, back to your original question. No, you don't have to notch the frame, but I would. Once you start lowering it becomes addicting. If you don't notch it now, your probably going to wish you did later. I would do it once, and do it with the best components your budget allows.
Yep. My mistake.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #9
wicky

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post

LOL yeah i think u might be right. The more i look at different trucks the more i like em slammed. I like your stance maybe even alittle lower. Do you have any pics of your truck air up and laid out. Also how close is your pumpkin to your bed floor
Thanks Nick
Posted via Mobile Device