The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-26-2003, 04:22 AM   #1
Phillip Johnson
Account Suspended

Question Im sitting on the fence with my 72 Big Block Super

Im just wondering if I should part this one out or sell as a whole.. I know of one board member that wants the driveline. Anyone else interested in anything? The glove box list is below.. The wife is making noise about my mess in the yard and she looked towards my truck area... I think I may need to move this sooner than expected. Is there any interest in the parts listed? If so, i can list prices. I was asking $4500 for the truck but, seeing how it may start a war at home, Im thinking of bailing out at $3000.
Thats a 1972 Cheyenne Super! guys! It dosnt get any better than this. It is in need of some tlc but the basics are here. They quit making these 32 years ago and they are getting harder and harder to come by un molested. This is Killing me!
Attached Images

Last edited by Phillip Johnson; 08-26-2003 at 04:27 AM.
Phillip Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 11:10 AM   #2
junkyardjohn

PHILLIP --- YOUR PROBABLY BETTER OFF, (MONEY WISE) TO PART IT. I'M NOT SURE WHAT THOSE TRUCKS GO FOR UP IN OREGON, BUT THEY GO FOR ABOUT $18OO DOWN HERE IN NV. (AT THE MOST) NO ONE SEEMS TO WANT TO RESTORE 3/4 TON 2WDs. THEY'RE MOSTLY USED AS LANDSCAPING, WORK, OR FARM TRUCKS.
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 11:13 AM   #3
72shorty

I am looking for a tilt wheel, power steering and an auto tranny. Any ideas what you are going to ask and what it would cost to ship to Kansas City?
Old 08-26-2003, 11:23 AM   #4
Phillip Johnson
Account Suspended

No tilt
trans not shipable
ps pump and gear box, you have 1st choice.
As ive said, Im not ready to part out as of yet. When I do, or if I do, I will post the parts that Im willing to ship and the parts that Im not. I did in fact post the parts that the truck has in the first picture. I think I may have someone here local that will buy the complete truck. Im also going to clean it up and run an add in the local paper. Parting a truck is my last option. Too much grease and way too many boxed parts taken to UPS for shipping prices and then stacked in the garage like Randy (teeitup)
Old 08-26-2003, 11:33 AM   #5
72shorty

Fair enough. If you don't sell it whole, and if you were in KC you would, let me know.

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2003, 01:52 PM   #6
Phillip Johnson
Account Suspended

If you are interested in the truck, there is a transport co that just shipped my 72 4x4 for about $800 door to door..Let me know