The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-03-2003, 11:03 PM   #1
69ChevySB
dropped69

please help with clutch pedal

hi i just put a new transmission in my truck and im waiting on my driveshaft now. i tried to take off my clutch pedal and i cut the green spring and took the bolt out i slid the clutch pedal off and the other rod that holds the brake in place...i figured i had to leave the one in for the brake pedal so i just put the clutch pedal back on and tried to put the rod holding the brake pedal in too. the rod wont go all the way in where it was before, i pounded it and it wont go in no more its about an inch more that it needs to go in, how do i get this rod back in all the way so i can put the bolt back in so my brake will be stiff. thanks
Old 11-04-2003, 12:16 AM   #2
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

The brake peddle is hung from a hollow tube, the has 1 bolt through the column support to hold it in place(rh side). The hollow tube gets a couple nylon bushings, then the clutch peddle can be slipped through(clutch peddle doesnt need to be in the hold the brake peddle in place). Are you swapping to an auto trans? crazyL
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 09:31 PM   #3
69ChevySB
dropped69

yeah im swapping in a t400 and i thought i could take my clutch pedal out so i took it out and the brake pedal sunk down. So I just cut off most of the clutch pedal from the rod and stuck it back in there so it looks like i dont have one now. But the problem is, i cant get the rod that holds the brake pedal all the way back in where it was, what is holding it up? i can take it back and push it in up to a certain point..it needs to go in like one more inch before i can put the bolt back in, please help.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:38 PM   #4
cableguy0

are you trying to do this with the pedal assembly in the truck or on the bench if its in the truck pull it out will make life much easier
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 10:17 PM   #5
69ChevySB
dropped69

its in my truck but i took off my seat. its not hard getting to it...i just cant get the bar to slide all the way back where it was, its stuck or something, what could it be
Old 11-04-2003, 10:20 PM   #6
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

you might drop the brake peddle down , & check to see if one of the nylon bushings is out of place or"boogered".(the bushings will be in the "eye", at the top of the brake peddle). The clutch peddle doesnt need to be in to hold the brake in place, if you can get the tube back in & bolt it you should be good to go. Good luck, crazyL
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote