The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-14-2013, 03:11 AM   #26
PAWS 72

Re: Who has a truck that has been kept in their family from day one? Pics

All are good looking trucks. Puts mine to shame.
PAWS 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:13 AM   #27
70c10stepside

I say its been in my family for only 29 years. But, its actually been in my family since day one. I just, do not know the man. Although I am related to him. Some how
70c10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:20 AM   #28
daves72C10D

Welcome SCfella. Nice trucks.
1990 Eagle Talon AWD
1991.5 W250 CTD
1992 Cushman Truckster- Haulster
daves72C10D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #29
ryanroo

My grandpa traded his 70 C10 for this 72 K20. still have the sales reciept and all the paperwork somwhere. i am the second owner. he gave it to me before he died. i was 13 then. finally doing a resot/mod.

the day i brought it home

a collage picture of a picture. my sisters made this for me at HS graduation. i am the little guy in the picture sometime in the late 80s. in HS i had the truck lifted and less functional than i hope it turns out this time!

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #30
PAWS 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
My grandpa traded his 70 C10 for this 72 K20. still have the sales reciept and all the paperwork somwhere. i am the second owner. he gave it to me before he died. i was 13 then. finally doing a resot/mod.

the day i brought it home

a collage picture of a picture. my sisters made this for me at HS graduation. i am the little guy in the picture sometime in the late 80s. in HS i had the truck lifted and less functional than i hope it turns out this time!

ryanroo, are you still that little?hehehe glad it's still in family and you kept it.
PAWS 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #31
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 425HP409 View Post
My truck was bought new on my birthday, May 11 1968, by my father. My older brother had it for a few years and then I got it. I have since restored it with a few more things to do to it. I am in the process of installing Buddy Buckets, factory AC and a period correct Big Block. I have installed a TH700 trans that works great with the 3.73 diff.
Very nice truck !!!!

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #32
RHGuyettejr

My dad bought this new in 85... still on our garage with 60k on it. This was last summer.

RHGuyettejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #33
elks

Well here is mine and the history behind it. Grandpa passed away about 7 year ago. At that point my uncle started messing with it blew the motor over filled the tyranny, etc. Needless to say about 4 years ago I was surprised on my birthday by my wife and mother who had bought the truck for me from my grandmother. I have all the original paperwork. Unfortunately I do not have any pics of the truck from the back in the day but I am really close to getting the engine done... Here are the treasures I found:

Unfortunately when the motor went the original block was done!
Old 02-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #34
Pillow

My grandfather gave me his '71 that he bought new when he couldn't shift the 3 on the column anymore. I've had it a good while and it needs a restoration.

I might have to dig for pics! But they exist of some way back until today.

You couldn't pay me enough to sell it

... I have a few more trucks from my other grandfather, but they all need some work. They are tucked in a barn for now I also have my great grandfathers Ford tractor that he bought new. Also an International tractor which my grandfather bought new.

Maybe I am a hoarder! Ahhhh!
'79 Porsche 911 SC
'48 Spartan Mansion 30' travel trailer
'10 Porsche Cayenne S - Daily
Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #35
Eddie H.

When I was in high school, I remember taking my Dad to the dealership to pick it up when he bought this 69 GMC. It has been in the family ever since.
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #36
c10srule

my wifes grandpa bought his 69 new and when he passed it went to her uncle who we talked into selling it to us, she has a lot of fond memories riding in it as a child
Attached Images

c10srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #37
dfwright

I have a 72 lwb which was bought new by my Grandfather in Odessa, Texas. He bought the truck primarily to tow his boat, and he was very fond of it. He had a painting business, but never used this truck for the business. This one was his "baby".

Most of our family in Odessa was in the oilfield business, and my grandfather took the truck to a friend of his to have a hitch made for it to tow the boat. What a hitch it is!!! We've always called it the knee-knocker. Apparently they welded it up out of whatever scrap metal was lying around, which apparently was a bunch of 1/2 inch and some 3/4 inch plate steel! Fortunately, they bolted it to the frame rather than welding it on.

He also had a camper shell on the back, which protected the bed for a good portion of early life of the truck, which I am now thankful for, as it spent it's entire life outside.

When my grandfather passed, my Dad and I took the truck, and it became my dad's. I drove that truck all over central Texas as a teenager, and always enjoyed driving it. My sister learned to drive in it.

When my dad passed, the truck was parked, and left to rust away at my mom's place. A few years back, I went and picked it up, brought it home, and am now in the process of restoring it, ever so slowly.
Attached Images

Deconstruction began 5/2009, mostly completed restoration, 5/2017
dfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #38
Eddie09

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwright View Post
I have a 72 lwb which was bought new by my Grandfather in Odessa, Texas. He bought the truck primarily to tow his boat, and he was very fond of it. He had a painting business, but never used this truck for the business. This one was his "baby".

Most of our family in Odessa was in the oilfield business, and my grandfather took the truck to a friend of his to have a hitch made for it to tow the boat. What a hitch it is!!! We've always called it the knee-knocker. Apparently they welded it up out of whatever scrap metal was lying around, which apparently was a bunch of 1/2 inch and some 3/4 inch plate steel! Fortunately, they bolted it to the frame rather than welding it on.

He also had a camper shell on the back, which protected the bed for a good portion of early life of the truck, which I am now thankful for, as it spent it's entire life outside.

When my grandfather passed, my Dad and I took the truck, and it became my dad's. I drove that truck all over central Texas as a teenager, and always enjoyed driving it. My sister learned to drive in it.

When my dad passed, the truck was parked, and left to rust away at my mom's place. A few years back, I went and picked it up, brought it home, and am now in the process of restoring it, ever so slowly.
Cool my grandpa was also from Midland Texas. The truck was bought in Midland, Texas and built in Fresno, CA
Old 02-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #39
JonCheun

I have a 1968 c10 but I just got it but I have a 1981 Trans Am that has been in the family since day one. It's only 30 years old but it only has 20000 original miles. It's not a chevy but it's gm.
Attached Images

JonCheun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #40
dads longhorn

Dad bought this 1971 C20 longhorn new in Boston, drove it to idaho, and it stayed there with my mom and dad until they passed away in 2008. He liked to go camping so it had a camper on the back, and often also towed a boat. I can remember many good times in that camper. When dad passed away I got it. So dad, then me. I try to take care of it. (with the help of those on this forum!) Since this pic was taken (when I drove it home from idaho) i've repainted the wheels white, refurbished the hubcaps, replaced the rusty mirror elbow, painted the bezel around the headlight..I think that's all the stuff you can see that's been fixed. Much other stuff but nothing you can see in the pic
Attached Images

dads longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #41
kenbob87

Quote:
my wifes grandpa bought his 69 new and when he passed it went to her uncle who we talked into selling it to us, she has a lot of fond memories riding in it as a child
Attached Images
what did you do for a drop on your truck? that is exactly the stance i am lookin to have on my 72
kenbob87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #42
68 Longbed Dan

I have my grandpas 1968. It's now a project and I haven't seen any original pics when he had it. I do have some home movies from when I was about 3 (24 years ago) when the truck had a camper on it and we were playing around in it . I also have FOND memories of sitting in the camper with my grandma playing go fish while grandpa drove to the madera air show and we talked via two CB radios. Man I miss those times more than i realised .

Thanks for making me jog my memory, stuff I NEVER want to forget .
Old 02-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #43
70cst

Great thread all... Keep it going

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #44
BruthaMan
US Army Veteran

Great thread. This is the sort of thread I can read all day long. Memories, of better times and better days.

I envy you guys talking about your dads and grandfathers. One of my grandfathers, I saw a few times up till about six years old. The other I only met once. My biological father was a deadbeat of the worst kind. My Uncle Joe was the closest I had to father figure and have great admiration for him.

I take my grand kids out in my '72 often. I hope some day they will look back on the days of riding in PaPa's truck with fond memories.
BruthaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #45
dads longhorn

Special K has posted a couple of pics of him, his family, and truck, camper that are great and really capture the family camping in the truck scene. You can find them on the forum somewhere under his posts. Maybe brings back more good memories.

Bruthaman, good jon taking the kids out, you are making great memories for them.
dads longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:57 AM   #46
bugmasta

My wifes grandfather bought his '68 C20 brand new back in '68 and used it as a farm truck up until 20 years ago when it got parked in the barn as all the land went into CRP. 3 years ago he sold the farm and the truck was still sitting in the barn. asked him what he was doing with it and he let me have it with the condition that his great grandson would some day drive it. fast forward 3 years to today and the truck is fully restored and driven regularly. many upgrades were made including V8, A/C, power steering, all new suspension, and a few custom touches.

Club longbed ...cause girls like'em long!!!!!
bugmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:09 AM   #47
ctorres25

My grandfather bought this truck in 72 and passed it to my dad who used it as a work truck and now he passed it to me. I am completely restoring it with my dad and we are planning on surprising my grandfather once it's done. Here is the truck in its current state.

Name:  IMG_0045.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  41.1 KB
Old 02-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #48
koz68gm

I have a 1968 GMC swb fleetside, my grandpa bought it brand new in 1968. It was used on the farm for everything from hauling grain to just going to town. My uncle drove it after until he got a different truck when I was around 14. The truck sat for a year or so until it was then given to me for my birthday. It was going to be my driver once I got my license but it turned out to need way to much work. I'm doing a resto on it now been doing it for probably 3 years. Its going to be mostly original minus a few changes. I would post a picture but I can't figure it out haha
Old 02-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #49
Keith Seymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonCheun View Post
I have a 1968 c10 but I just got it but I have a 1981 Trans Am that has been in the family since day one. It's only 30 years old but it only has 20000 original miles. It's not a chevy but it's gm.
Now you've done it (lol). Speaking of Pontiacs - I've got one of those, too.

This is my Dad's '65 GTO. It was ordered by salesman Dick Jesse specifically for him to race through Royal Pontiac. My sister was born on Thursday September 10th of 1964; the next day, instead of going to the hospital he and I went down to Royal and picked the car up.

Here is it sitting in front of the dealership at 400 N Main St in Royal Oak in June of 2011:

4800 original miles; original unrestored condition ("born with" paint, interior and driveline).

K
1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
Keith Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:33 AM   #50
BruthaMan
US Army Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorres25 View Post
My grandfather bought this truck in 72 and passed it to my dad who used it as a work truck and now he passed it to me. I am completely restoring it with my dad and we are planning on surprising my grandfather once it's done. Here is the truck in its current state.
Beautiful truck, ctorres! Hope you will post some pics when your Grandfather sees it again. No doubt he was a man of honor and respect.
BruthaMan is offline   Reply With Quote