The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-29-2013, 09:05 AM   #51
JGross

Re: Project 65 Daily Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnutz65 View Post
Great! Makes sense and you did a nice repair.
How do you like your heat/AC system? What kind did you choose to install?
Was it complicated to install?
Sorry for all the questions. LOL!
No problem with the questions I asked hundreds myself. I use the Vintage Air universal system I think it’s the Magnum IV system. It works fine but I have two issues, 1) it’s a little loud when the fan is on high but that not VA fault, GM puts there fans out in the engine compartment for that reason. 2) The compressor cycles a lot but that could be because I like it COLD and I keep the thermostat all the way down most of the summer.
JGross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #52
JGross

Quote:
Originally Posted by pestwagon View Post
can you give more details on the LS swap please....i.e.motor mounts, exhaust issues, front pully set up , computer/wiring issues, etc.
Let’s see—I used the stock motor mounts and made an adapter plate that bolts to the Vortec block, The front pulley setup is stock but I did have to get an additional bracket for AC compressor, as for the wiring and computer I followed the directions on LT1Swap.com and had no problems. I use the exhause manifolds from a 2007 Trainblazer SS and they fit perfect

If your thinking about doing a swap I really suggest you check out the LSX swap section on this forum it’s a sub suction under General/Drivetrain, I couldn’t have done my swap without the help from the guys over there. Feel free to let know me if you have any spicific questions
Old 05-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #53
JGross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Just read through your thread, awesome job!!! Just curious, what kind of mileage does the 5.3 get?
I got about 1000 miles on the the new engine now and I'm averaging 15 mpg that a 50% improvment over the old 350. My driving is 60% city and 40% highway so I could probably get 18 on just the highway. I have to say the new engine is much smoother and quiter.