The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Video Requests?

So I snagged a GoPro Hd Hero3 Black edition a few days back, and decided that I would use it to start adding video content to my build instead of just photos.

Well like all my projects it got drastically out of control and I ended up re-purposing my gaming rig and set my "lab" back up for graphics and video. Needless to say, I need to put all this fun resolution to good use.

SO....is there anything you would like to see? Things that a few still pictures don't really capture? I'll be adding build content, show coverage when I can, and a ton of other misc things like Firearms and Fashion.

If theres something your looking for (i.e., just need a better view, a review of a part your thinking about, clarification on something you see or don't see, or maybe you even want a complete how to on something)..
Post it here or pm me. I'll do my best to put together some video on your topic and make it available here on the forums.

p.s. this is a ton more complicated than it might sound, so understand time and financial limitations may apply to these requests. Mod's I will be cross posting this in LSx since thats my main haunt.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Video Requests?

Thanks for the generous offer. Up front I'm interested in how you mount the camera, and how happy you are with the results. I didn't think I'd use one all that much so I cheaped out and bought a $50 Chinese dash cam instead. It's been fun, but it is so limited I'm back to thinking about the GoPro again.

Looking forward to whatever you publish.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #3
R_W

I bought one of those this week and the picture quality is awesome....
Posted via Mobile Device

"Daddy, that truck's not red"
Build Thread: TN 20 Build
R_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #4
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
Thanks for the generous offer. Up front I'm interested in how you mount the camera, and how happy you are with the results. I didn't think I'd use one all that much so I cheaped out and bought a $50 Chinese dash cam instead. It's been fun, but it is so limited I'm back to thinking about the GoPro again.

Looking forward to whatever you publish.
Marke, I'm pretty dang happy with the results so far just shooting and editing test footage. As long as you have a good class 10 memory card, you can shoot 1440/4k cinema quality footage for about 3-4 hours at a time. When running it for web (here, youtube etc), i can run it at 720 or 960 to save space and still keep the widescreen format and progressive scan and get almost 6 hours. The battery lasts pretty long, and the ability to hook the black edition to the remote or my phone is pretty freaking sweet.

Camera mounting depends on the situation, but it comes with a stack of mounting pads and elbows/arms. You can buy additional ones, and aftermarket companies are now starting to make higher end accessories.
TIP; the gopro suction cup can pull a dent out of a car panel. I promise.

Tell you what Marke, you just gave me an idea for a short post. I'll video how I'm shooting and editing video.........that won't end up like John Malkovich at all...

Old 09-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
T Smith

I got one a few months back and was so excited, then when I unpacked it and got it all set up I realized how boring my life is and put it back in the box.
T Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #6
Irishbleueyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Marke, I'm pretty dang happy with the results so far just shooting and editing test footage. As long as you have a good class 10 memory card, you can shoot 1440/4k cinema quality footage for about 3-4 hours at a time. When running it for web (here, youtube etc), i can run it at 720 or 960 to save space and still keep the widescreen format and progressive scan and get almost 6 hours. The battery lasts pretty long, and the ability to hook the black edition to the remote or my phone is pretty freaking sweet.

Camera mounting depends on the situation, but it comes with a stack of mounting pads and elbows/arms. You can buy additional ones, and aftermarket companies are now starting to make higher end accessories.
TIP; the gopro suction cup can pull a dent out of a car panel. I promise.

Tell you what Marke, you just gave me an idea for a short post. I'll video how I'm shooting and editing video.........that won't end up like John Malkovich at all...
Osborne Cox? Yes! Yes! Who the f*** are you!!
Irishbleueyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #7
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Hahahaha, well I kinda picked all this up on my build thread etc. I have the link in my sig, or take a look at my build for the truck-related stuff. The channel has more than that, but I didn't want to spam my build with my unrelated videos.

I've got a few rigs built for it now, and access to 1 or 2 more gopro's and I really want to play with the multi-angle simultaneous idea.