The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-26-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
amstaff

Value of a '67 short stepside???

I looked at a 67 short step-side today (local CL find)... Lots of rust! Needs new floor, corners, hood, and bed is really rough. Drip rail and inside roof of cab is good. Has an I6 that is not currently running. Frame looked good. Not a highly optioned truck at all. Plan would be a 4/6 drop, ZZ4, and on and on... All the sheet metal is available, don't need the motor and tranny, so what is a reasonable number on a rusty '67 with good title????
Attached Images

amstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
amstaff

Re: Value of a '67 short stepside???

Owner offered it up for $1,900...
Old 09-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #3
71swb4x4

$500 is my opinion, but that being said I would not pay $500 for it.

What is the good? A title, that's not a big deal, nearly every truck you find will have a title. The frame, certainly the frame isn't worth $1,900.

A truck where you plan to replace almost all of the sheetmetal, and the entire drivetrain? I think you need to keep looking. You would be WAY ahead to spend more money on a solid truck.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:26 PM   #4
67c10rustbuket

I paid $950 ?? For my rust bucket, I think that's where I got my name

I think I got screwed but I did it to myself. This looks much better than mine started and prices certainly have gone up since I bought mine. I guess I would compare it to others for sale. I would think $1000-1200 judging by the one little pic.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #5
mgchevyparts

I think it's a waste of time to start with something that needs that much. Find something more solid.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #6
amstaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgchevyparts View Post
I think it's a waste of time to start with something that needs that much. Find something more solid.
That's what I was thinking. This project would be with my 10 year old son... would be better suited with a solid foundation for our project.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #7
belldar

I acquired a 71 c10 for under $300 and a 71 c15 for under $300. one runs great but is quite rusty and dented, and the other is lightly dented but less rust and doesn't run. I figured if would be good body work practice if nothing else. Short beds are few up here and bring a hefty price. That being said with what you described on that truck I wouldn't pay over $500 for sure. That's just my 2 cents?
14 bolt rear, 60 front
4.56 gears, 6 inch lift
35inch dynapro MTs, pro comp 52 16x8 2.5 backspace
belldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:53 PM   #8
amstaff

I'll have to keep looking!

Now I can go look at the GMC C30 dually down the road! Very different type of project...
Old 09-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #9
hubba033

I just saw that pickup last night onCL. Id pass on it maybe check out these two see if theyre more solid starters
http://pennstate.craigslist.org/cto/4001599842.html
http://williamsport.craigslist.org/cto/3946735998.html
Ive been lookin for a c10 in PA for a yr or so and most are rust buckets, if theyre solid owners want way too much
hubba033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #10
bigsnookmaster

You will be way ahead of the game to start with a more rust free piece! The cost of the sheetmetal, and the work involved aren't worth it. I try to tell this to anyone that wants a decent truck that will last when there done. .02
bigsnookmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #11
grancuda

if it wouldn't take much to get it running, that truck is easily worth the asking price......if you want a fun driver.
Posted via Mobile Device
grancuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #12
ulakovic22

Pass on it
ulakovic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

There was one just like that...color and everything...near me this summer. I've been aware of it for 25 years. It was on a back road (way back from the road) I ride where not many would see. There it was on Craigslist,but the guy wanted $3,000. Crazy high for what it was. I talked to him anyway and looked at it. I was the only response he had. It was all there and all original. I told him I wasn't trying to low-ball him or tell him what to do,but I saw no more than a $1,000 truck there. I said go ahead and try to get your $3,000,but if it didn't sell give me a call and it will be gone the next day. That's all you can do when they want too much. Well,it's gone (after about a month),so someone must have offered him more than me and more power to 'em. I wasn't going to restore it but just run it as a beater with a touch of coolification with some parts I have (8" wheels,hubcaps,4spd Sag,350 if it needed,and just patch any holes in floor).

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #14
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

For every dollar you spend on a better truck bodywise,you will save about 5 on work.The real deal is to get a good straight as rust free as possible body.The mechanics on these trucks are easy,the bodywork requires skill and a bit of magic.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #15
72bowtiestepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by amstaff View Post
I looked at a 67 short step-side today (local CL find)... Lots of rust! Needs new floor, corners, hood, and bed is really rough. Drip rail and inside roof of cab is good. Has an I6 that is not currently running. Frame looked good. Not a highly optioned truck at all. Plan would be a 4/6 drop, ZZ4, and on and on... All the sheet metal is available, don't need the motor and tranny, so what is a reasonable number on a rusty '67 with good title????
I bought a 72 short step last year here in NJ for $600.....I knew it was rusty & needed a lot of work, but I am replacing the bad sheet metal myself, and with no "time frame" to go by, I work on it when I feel like it. The thing about doing the work yourself is , you know it will be done right instead of buying a bondoed up rust bucket that someone has painted and looks decent for the moment..then rusts away 6 months later for a lot more money. I agree that here in the northeast..these trucks are getting very hard to find !
72bowtiestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #16
BrianG

Keep in mind, that a lot of the members that are telling you that its not worth it are living in areas that will have a much different value for these trucks that you do. I'm up in Michigan where (most likely) like you, its almost impossible to find a rust free truck. Still with that being said, I think $1900 is a bit high. But, if it is really what you want and you have the know how, or know who does, than maybe consider it.
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #17
Tinkermc

I really don't know what the owner is smokin but I do care. Have that crack head send me some. My truck needs very little, I may replace a rear fender, (not finder as seen here many times) after my own trailer tried to make a meal on it and it was in my yard and yes I think acahol was a factor.
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:44 PM   #18
amstaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
There was one just like that...color and everything...near me this summer. I've been aware of it for 25 years. It was on a back road (way back from the road) I ride where not many would see. There it was on Craigslist,but the guy wanted $3,000. Crazy high for what it was. I talked to him anyway and looked at it. I was the only response he had. It was all there and all original. I told him I wasn't trying to low-ball him or tell him what to do,but I saw no more than a $1,000 truck there. I said go ahead and try to get your $3,000,but if it didn't sell give me a call and it will be gone the next day. That's all you can do when they want too much. Well,it's gone (after about a month),so someone must have offered him more than me and more power to 'em. I wasn't going to restore it but just run it as a beater with a touch of coolification with some parts I have (8" wheels,hubcaps,4spd Sag,350 if it needed,and just patch any holes in floor).
What a small world... The person selling this truck told me he went down to Baltimore, MD to buy it! I do believe that this truck is the one you looked at! Methinks the new owner has realized he might be buried in this truck and is trying to unload it. He just bought it a week or two ago.